Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This pisses me off: the SEC gets to play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

This pisses me off: the SEC gets to play

Dec 4, 2019, 1:24 PM

This pisses me off: the SEC gets to play their champ game in the $2B amazing new M.Benz stadium in ATL in perfect conditions, and we have to play in that hellhole in Charlotte.
Is there ever going to be a solution to this?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geez..U R Right!

Dec 4, 2019, 1:30 PM

Swofford has done did us All-In again.

LOL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fire Swofford!!

Dec 4, 2019, 2:57 PM

I never miss a chance to say it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

move to Friday night? and get even less people show up***

Dec 4, 2019, 1:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: follow the ACC baseball tourney model

Dec 4, 2019, 1:38 PM

move to Durham and get the least people possible to show up

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This pisses me off: the SEC gets to play

Dec 4, 2019, 1:34 PM

At least there will be new sod to tear up and trip over.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 1:45 PM

Well, you could always make the baseball coach the AD in hopes that it solves your problem.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a ridiculous statement. The SECCG has been in

Dec 4, 2019, 1:45 PM

ATL in the Georgia dome since 1994. The ACC didnt even have a Conference Title Game until 2005. You can't play 2 games in 1 day in the same stadium. Where else would you play the game? Charlotte is the only other Southern city with an NFL stadium - and its also centrally located in the home state of the ACC Corporate Offices. Would you rather play it in Louisiana? How about Washington DC?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Ridiculous - I totally understand there's no alternative

Dec 4, 2019, 2:55 PM

...right now. That doesn't change me being totally envious and mad that The SEC gets to play their champ game in The M.Benz Taj Mahal of Stadiums in Perfect Conditions, and us in a outdoor dump of a stadium like Panther Stadium, where you don't know if it's going to rain all game (like last year) or snow or blow like hell. I didn't say there is an answer to this mess, just asking When will something happen to change it. Do The Panthers get a M.Benz-type domed stadium in the future? - God I hope so.

Dec 4, 2019, 3:48 PM

cjgaddy said:

...right now. That doesn't change me being totally envious and mad that The SEC gets to play their champ game in The M.Benz Taj Mahal of Stadiums in Perfect Conditions, and us in a outdoor dump of a stadium like Panther Stadium, where you don't know if it's going to rain all game (like last year) or snow or blow like hell. I didn't say there is an answer to this mess, just asking When will something happen to change it. Do The Panthers get a M.Benz-type domed stadium in the future? - God I hope so.

There are talks that the Carolina Panthers will be getting a domed/Retractable roof stadium within the next 7-10 years....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get what you’re saying, but

Dec 4, 2019, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Ridiculous - I totally understand there's no alternative ]

I’ve always believed that football should be played outside. Not saying that I’m for bad field conditions, but this game was meant for the weather to have a day so. Not to mention..... if the SECCG was played in Charlotte.....they’d sell that out as well.......GO TIGERS!!! BEAT THE HOOS!!!

Dec 4, 2019, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Ridiculous - I totally understand there's no alternative ]

What a bunch of pussycats (as opposed to Tigers). Waaaa, it might rain ! Waaa, it might be windy !! Waaaaa, it might be in the 40s !!!

Geezus, if you can't stand the weather, stay home and watch it on TV.

Come on, Swofford won't miss a chance to have a championship

Dec 4, 2019, 3:01 PM [ in reply to This is a ridiculous statement. The SECCG has been in ]

game in NC. It's time for a new commissioner--his run has been too long!

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: This is a ridiculous statement. The SECCG has been in

Dec 4, 2019, 3:54 PM [ in reply to This is a ridiculous statement. The SECCG has been in ]

I was in Tampa against GT and it was NOT warm.

Re: This is a ridiculous statement. The SECCG has been in

Dec 4, 2019, 4:47 PM [ in reply to This is a ridiculous statement. The SECCG has been in ]

You can't play 2 games in 1 stadium in the same day?

2012 Chick-Fil-A Kickoff was awesome. Clemson/Auburn and NC State/UT back to back in the same stadium..

Swoffy can move it back down to Orlando if you like.***

Dec 4, 2019, 1:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Swoffy can move it back down to Orlando if you like.***

Dec 4, 2019, 4:47 PM

F that! Wanna talk about a dump..

I don't mind Charlotte....

Dec 4, 2019, 1:50 PM

Orlando was awful.

Would love to go to a playoff game in Atlanta at some point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 1:53 PM

Football is supposed to be outside, on grass, in the weather. And it's close

Agree! ***

Dec 4, 2019, 1:59 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: This pisses me off: the SEC gets to play ]

Amen, TU to that.

Dec 4, 2019, 1:55 PM

Bank Of America stadium isn't that bad.Yea the stadium has become somewhat outdated when you see what other NFL teams have done in the last 10 years when building new state of the art stadiums but is not like some of the old stadiums that have been torn dorn like Fulton County was that the Atlanta Falcons finished out playing in,or Minnesota's old Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome and another that comes to mind is Tampa Bay's stadium nicknamed The Big Sombrero.Hopefully one day soon though the Panthers will have a dome built to play in and sure would like to see it go up around where Carowinds is on the South Carolina-North Carolina line.

Get the new owner of the Panthers to...

Dec 4, 2019, 1:56 PM

Make the Panthers stadium a dome

He just got rid of Ron Rivera...might as well go all out and build a new dome stadium while he is "re-building" the way he wants it

Dude the SEC started playing in Atlanta in 1992,

Dec 4, 2019, 2:06 PM

They aren’t going anywhere. The ACC Championship venue isn’t a hellhole.

Just blame it on Swofford like the ACCN launch and every

Dec 4, 2019, 2:13 PM

other issue that y'all don't understand.

Re: Just blame it on Swofford like the ACCN launch and every

Dec 4, 2019, 3:06 PM

Most of us understand the situations perfectly well. That doesn't excuse the fact that he's never been a great commissioner. The ACC needs a non-biased leader who is not a graduate of any of the member schools.

--Henry David Thoreau

And we'd be better served with an ACCHQ in Boise, Idaho***

Dec 4, 2019, 3:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm talking about those that blame Swofford for issues

Dec 4, 2019, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Just blame it on Swofford like the ACCN launch and every ]

like carriers not picking up the ACCN and the ACCCG not being in Atlanta.

Re: Just blame it on Swofford like the ACCN launch and every

Dec 4, 2019, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Just blame it on Swofford like the ACCN launch and every ]

you mean protecting Raycom for years rather than launching dont you?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Solution...

Dec 4, 2019, 2:34 PM

Move the Tiger Invitational to Clemson.

best record should host the game imo***

Dec 4, 2019, 2:48 PM

Then we get to beat the he double hockey sticks out of them. ***

Dec 4, 2019, 3:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 3:08 PM

Hellhole. Hahaha

I will say that it is nice for the SEC, B1G, and Big12.
Georgia Dome, Lucas Oil Stadium, and AT&T stadium Respectively. All beautiful NFL Domes.
Pac12 plays outdoor if that makes you feel any better....

Dec 4, 2019, 3:26 PM

Well you must have really been pissed off that we had to play in Hell's cesspool called Willie B.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 3:32 PM

Football was meant to be played outdoors. Playing in a heated, luxury stadium on a shag carpet is sacrilegious to me.

Plus, I have never heard you complain about Death Valley not having a dome on it. The stadium in Charlotte is newer and nicer than our stadium.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice try Mr. New Panthers owner.

Dec 4, 2019, 3:34 PM

You can't get us riled up just so you can build a new stadium in Rock Hill.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 4:08 PM

In a few years there will be an dome stadium in Charlotte unless the panthers move.

Dec 4, 2019, 4:19 PM

I am fine with it in Charlotte. It is close to our fan base, which makes for easy travel. Especially on years when fans are spending on playoff games and such.

Dec 4, 2019, 8:32 PM

Wish they move it to the new Vegas stadium. Can fly there and stay on the low.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 9:10 PM

You Sir are correct...B of A is a shathole compared to M B stadium so we have one more reason to fire Swoffy...as if we needed another.Did anyone get a call from ACC ticket office asking to buy tickets.I had 2 calls this week.We sold our 6500 allotment quickly so explain to me WHY we only get 6500???
Spare the explanation......it's Swoffy.

You Sir are correct...B of A is a shathole compared to M B stadium so we have one more reason to fire Swoffy...as if we needed another.Did anyone get a call from ACC ticket office asking to buy tickets.I had 2 calls this week.We sold our 6500 allotment quickly so explain to me WHY we only get 6500???

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic