Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This officiating needs to be talked about more
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,259

This officiating needs to be talked about more

Nov 30, 2014, 9:05 AM

I'm sorry... I can't let it go.

1) Their refusal to review if DW scored on that scramble

2) The targeting call was absurd

3) The Fumble at the end of the game???? What the heck??? Please explain that

4) The onside kick???? The player was not calling for a fair catch. Again, absurd.

I know there is more..... but come on man. This thing looked like they were clearly trying to help the coots. I know we won the game. But something needs to be said!!

Suck on it coots!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This officiating needs to be talked about more

Nov 30, 2014, 9:12 AM

All bad the fumble was the worst, but dude did call for a fair catch. Very heads up play.

I agree and best to do it after dominating win. IT WAS AWFUL***

Nov 30, 2014, 9:21 AM

Nov 30, 2014, 9:25 AM

I was surprised by the non-review of the TD. Especially since they said "stands" instead of "confirmed" the footage had to be questionable at best so why not take the time to review it. I didn't see the fumble well from my seat so idk how clear it was but I know the SA ejection was just crap.

Nov 30, 2014, 9:27 AM

If DW was at full strength we would have put 50 points on them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

onside kick call was correct, but the others were garbage

Nov 30, 2014, 9:31 AM

the ACC replay officials need to be canned, there are some blind fool idiots in the booth.

THe targeting calls are going to ruin football. There was a bad one in the Uva-VT game, where a guy hit with his face. But Sat's on Anthony was worse than the one on SMith at Wake.

And the non-review of the TD by DW, well. Giving coaches a challenge is useless, b/c they are basically challenging the replay official. He ain't ever going to overturn on a challenge b/c that is admitting he didn't do his job in the first place.

The non-fumble they were calling forward motion stopped. It was quicker than any whistle for forward motion stopped that I've seen, but fortunately it didn't matter to the outcome of the game.

The coaches need to revolt to the ACC office about the replay officials and targeting calls this offseason, though. That has to get better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: onside kick call was correct, but the others were garbage

Nov 30, 2014, 9:42 AM

They were sec refs

i agree....

Nov 30, 2014, 9:49 AM [ in reply to onside kick call was correct, but the others were garbage ]

The onside kick call was correct because the ball was kicked from the tee directly into the air. The ball was not kicked into the ground so the receiving team is given an opportunity to catch the ball. The receiver did not signal for a fair catch. He was slanting toward the sideline to reach for the ball. That makes no difference in the outcome. I was hoping that we would have kept the ball at that point because ewe had just seized momentum. We still won and did so in a pretty easy fashion.

I hate the targeting rule as it is way too subjective. The refs are calling targeting for hits by the defender's facemask or the side of their helmets. Isn't the rule specific that it is with the crown of the helmet? Also, I did see Anthony "launch" either. He basically leaned toward the QB and pushed him.

I am all for the refs having greater accountability which will increase the quality and efficiency of the officiating. Fine and/or suspend refs for missed calls. And please no political crap like that garbage that came out after Smith's targeting call. How can the poor officiating get fixed if those in power are too weak and sof to do anything about it?

Stepping off soap box now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you look at what is a legal tackle on almost every play

Nov 30, 2014, 9:52 AM

and then look at calling Anthony for "targeting", you have to realize how absurd that call was. You can regularly pound guys down, then throw a guy out for a push. MAYBE you can call it a late push and give the 15, but not an ejection. That protects no one.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2014, 9:48 AM

Yeah I hate that officials always get a free pass with no penalties

Nov 30, 2014, 10:02 AM

Agree except for the onside kick. There is a reason the kicker normally tops the ball so it hits the ground first. If it does not, the receiver must be given a chance to catch the ball. This is onside kick 101.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,259
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic