Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This loss is on Chad Morris….
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,487

This loss is on Chad Morris….

Oct 20, 2013, 1:22 AM

combined with acc officials letting fsu's oline hold the entire game, but that's separate from the main issue. The main issue is Chad Morris' play calling has been very predictable this season, and very pass happy at that. The only game we utilized our running backs was against UGA. Every game since then Tajh has had as many or more carries than Rod McDowell. Why do you go away from a running back that got 132 yards rushing in the first game of the season? And also had good play from Zac Brooks. When Chad Morris came here, he said this offense was a "power" spread. 3 years in, and we've yet to see a consistent running game.

The talent we have has been bailing out Morris' predictable play calling. After the BC game last week, I was afraid this with the possibility. Because tonight's game was basically the same as the BC game, except we played a team with a 1000 times more talent than BC. With as much as the officials let BC get away with, it was a guarantee that they would give fsu the same or more with the blatant penalties they got away with. We were able to overcome the bad calls, bad oline play, and predictable play calling simply because we were much more talented than BC.

When the oline doesn't play good, you have to get back to basics and run the ball. Even when we have had comfortable leads, Chad Morris still failed to feed the ball to Rod McDowell and Zac Brooks. And having Tajh run that much makes no sense. Tajh is a passing QB with good mobility. He is not the type of QB where you run a lot of QB run designed plays so many times. Maybe in the future with Chad Kelly or Desean Watson you can run that many QB run designed plays.

It's been a failure on Morris part this season to not recognize that oline play needed to be worked on.

All that being said, as painful as this loss was, we can still win out and get to a BCS bowl. But, Morris needs to realize the importance of running the ball with our running backs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Brent Venables, and Dabo Swinney, and Tajh Boyd, and

Oct 20, 2013, 1:27 AM

our O-line, and our D-line, and our LBs and Our WRs, and our DBs, etc. . .

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

It was a team loss, but the main issue is Chad Morris'...

Oct 20, 2013, 1:32 AM

play calling and lack of an effort on his part to get better oline play as the season has gone on. Going in, we knew we were going to have to win in a shootout. Because like I said earlier, the refs were going to let fsu's oline hold, so you knew fsu was going to score. Our oline play and predictable play calling has been a festering problem all season long. We are just lucky enough to be as talented as we our that it didn't hurt us until we played a very talented team.

I see Chad Morris's play calling as one of many issues

Oct 20, 2013, 1:42 AM

that were exposed tonight. And as bad as we were and as over matched as we were all the way around, it's almost laughable (to me) to even bring up officiating. But, to each his own, it's just my opinion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

If there were that many issues, then we would have more...

Oct 20, 2013, 1:45 AM

than one loss on the season. We played bad, but we weren't over matched. It's laughable to say everything about our team has major problems, when we are 6-1 on the season, and the only loss we have came against the number 5 team in the nation.

And yes the officiating is relevant to bring up, without it fsu's offense wouldn't have had the night they had without the officials letting them get away with holding almost every single play.

We're good enough to be 6-1 and probably ranked in the

Oct 20, 2013, 1:51 AM

top 15, maybe top 10 (we'll see). There are enough issues to keep us from being 7-0 and ranked #3. That was made very clear tonight.

- H. L. Mencken

Yeah I pointed out those issues, but your false in….

Oct 20, 2013, 2:13 AM

your statements, stating that we have major problems in all facets of the game. Funny Smilling Tiger, you haven't post that much this season. We lose one game and you are posting non stop.

Everything you just said is false.

Oct 20, 2013, 2:43 AM

I did not say we had major problems in all facets of the game. I simply pointed out that we were whipped in every phase of the game tonight, and that FSU exposed and exploited many of the issues that we have. I totally stand by that. You do realize we lost 51-14, don't you?

I have posted a lot this season. I have only posted in 2 threads after this game, so your statement about me not posting much until tonight when I am posting "non stop" is completely false.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Everything you just said is false.

Oct 20, 2013, 9:20 AM

I'm sorry, I am confused about what you think is relative...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with the holding not being called...

Oct 20, 2013, 1:55 AM [ in reply to If there were that many issues, then we would have more... ]

Offensive lines like that are taught technique to lock up with their man and unless it is a blatant throwing someone to the ground they will get away with it. Is that the sole factor for us losing? No, but it is a factor.

Holding--every play

Oct 20, 2013, 1:33 AM

and not the sissy type either. We sacked Jameis one time and they took our defensive tackle by the back of the jersey and pulled him to the ground but no call. They grabbed and held enough to slow our pursuit and it was almost every play. I will have to say they have it down to an art form. I'd hit rewind just to see if I was just over reacting with the usual "They've gotta be holding" but they were. With that said, FSU just kicked our ####! They are an awesome team and we will have headaches with them for years unless Jameis goes to NFL after 2nd year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice to see other people saw the same thing I did.***

Oct 20, 2013, 1:45 AM

Re: This loss is on Chad Morris….

Oct 20, 2013, 1:33 AM

Is that you Dabo ?

on ignore list in 3, 2, 1***

Oct 20, 2013, 1:48 AM

am i the only one

Oct 20, 2013, 1:44 AM

who saw us run it down there throats the majority of the game?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We only had 123 yards rushing as a team, if you think….

Oct 20, 2013, 1:50 AM

that is running the ball down someone's throat then you don't know the first thing about football.

Re: We only had 123 yards rushing as a team, if you think….

Oct 20, 2013, 3:11 AM

considering we passed 80% of the time.....thats pretty good. I saw boyd getting 8 yards a pop, when he wasnt getting sacked lol

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you seen how pathetic our run blocking is?!?

Oct 20, 2013, 2:22 AM

I have found it so incredibly frustrating this year to watch us continue trying to run up the middle with very little success. Occasionally we will break off a decent run, but many times we are stuffed at (or behind) the like. The only reason I can think of as to why Morris keeps doing it is to keep the defense off balance so we can have a formidable passing game.

The only way I can see us running the ball more being a good idea is if we run more sweeps to the outside. But more of this up the middle crap, no thanks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

There were some unexplainable calls tonight.***

Oct 20, 2013, 2:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's exactly what I'm talking about….

Oct 20, 2013, 2:31 AM [ in reply to Have you seen how pathetic our run blocking is?!? ]

The runs with the running backs are few and far between. The play calling is to pass happy. We have had leads in games and we could have worked on improving the running game. We had plenty of rushing yards against UGA, then barely started running with the running backs. Some times you have to stick with the running game even when your only getting 3 yard runs. Our oline played last season, and we only lost 1 starter. There is no excuse for as bad as our oline has played. The bad oline play falls on Chad Morris abandoning the running game completely. Sorry but Tajh can't keep on getting the most carries every game.

We had the same issue in the So Car game last year.

Oct 20, 2013, 8:55 AM

We went away for the run and I could never figure out why.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The loss is on Tajh but I'm not going to throw him under

Oct 20, 2013, 8:56 AM

the bus for it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd put it on 3 turnovers in the first half and...

Oct 20, 2013, 9:01 AM

bad throws and drops in key situations. At some point players have to make plays.

Oct 20, 2013, 9:06 AM

ESPN like to call Tajh our full back and they are correct in saying that, the run was not shut down. For those of you who live in the past - Ford used the running game - getting a few yards a carry but everyone wants to see 10+ yards a carry now a days - I agree we need to use the run more.

Oct 20, 2013, 9:15 AM

I agree, Morris lost the game, but the players have to take more of the blame, they could have scored more points, even if they lost, to 'A" game of FSU.

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,487
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic