Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is why we can't win the big one. SMH
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

This is why we can't win the big one. SMH

May 16, 2014, 12:34 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1626929-10-best-strength-and-conditioning-programs-in-college-football/page/11

We aren't on the list. I bet we wouldn't be on the top 25 list either. If Dabo don't fire the S&C coach then FIRE DABO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who would you suggest we hire instead?

May 16, 2014, 12:40 PM

Name 25 S&C coaches that would be better than the one we have that would actually be willing to come to Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I've got a few

May 16, 2014, 12:43 PM

1. Hulk Hogan
2. Diamond Dallas Page
3. The Governator
4. Greenr
5. Chaz Bono
6. The Prodigal
7. Macho Man Randy Savage
8. GoldDust

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I SAID NAME 25 NOT 8

May 16, 2014, 12:46 PM

ALSO YOUR #6 IS A COOT AND WE DON'T HIRE COOTS NOT NAMED BRAD SCOTT!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

BUTT THINK OF THE WAITLIFTING STATS HE COULD CONJURE UP***

May 16, 2014, 12:48 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm no Batson fan but this list sucks

May 16, 2014, 3:08 PM

Several of the S&C coaches listed were fired from their positions. I know Texas and USC both have new guys at those positions.

Also, I have no idea how you can't have Tommy Moffitt in the top 2 or 3.

What? No Chuck Norris?***

May 16, 2014, 2:30 PM [ in reply to I've got a few ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've got a few

May 16, 2014, 2:42 PM [ in reply to I've got a few ]

If the situation weren't so disheartening, your list might be funny.

JOHN SWOFFORD

May 16, 2014, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Who would you suggest we hire instead? ]

of course

Re: Who would you suggest we hire instead?

May 16, 2014, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Who would you suggest we hire instead? ]

Clemson is a top program that would have no problem finding outstanding candidates.

We could or have beaten 8 of the 10.***

May 16, 2014, 12:42 PM

Tell 'em Tommy...***

May 16, 2014, 12:49 PM

null

Re: This is why we can't win the big one. SMH

May 16, 2014, 12:49 PM

Joey Batson is not problematic to the success, or lack thereof, of the program.

I don't thank thats good english***

May 16, 2014, 12:50 PM

Re: I don't thank thats good english***

May 16, 2014, 1:27 PM

dat splicey dice

It is, however, excellent Spanglish.***

May 16, 2014, 2:11 PM [ in reply to I don't thank thats good english*** ]

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2014, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: This is why we can't win the big one. SMH ]

In other words, he's head or the program but bears no responsibility for its ineptitude?? Now that's a great job. No wonder he's hanging on.

Does anyone else see that elephant in the room?

May 16, 2014, 12:50 PM

Just wondering!

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

You scared the crap out of me!!!!

May 16, 2014, 12:53 PM

I spun around in my chair and then I realized this was probably not literal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm tall, but I am no elephant.***

May 16, 2014, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Does anyone else see that elephant in the room? ]

lack of professional wrestlers with a role in college

May 16, 2014, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Does anyone else see that elephant in the room? ]

football S&C programs?

Re: Does anyone else see that elephant in the room?

May 16, 2014, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Does anyone else see that elephant in the room? ]

Yes. But you have to be willing to see it. Most people posting don't want to see it---a "head in the sand" attitude that must absolutely delight Carolina fans.

We're 4-0 vs. those teams last 2 years***

May 16, 2014, 12:54 PM

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

And still we haven't won the big one as the OP

May 16, 2014, 12:56 PM

suggested. Therefore he is right.

I am ALWAYS right, just don't ask my hotazz wife.***

May 16, 2014, 12:59 PM

ACC Championship game, Orange Bowl, and Chick Filet

May 16, 2014, 3:05 PM [ in reply to And still we haven't won the big one as the OP ]

were not Big games?

May 16, 2014, 1:09 PM

There are three teams on that list that we have played, and we are 4-0 against them over the last three years. We were more physical on the field than LSU, VA TECH and Ohio State. With LSU, we were so much stronger that it should have been embarrassing to those guys...Clemson was superior in muscle and in stamina. How many of their personnel left the game? These facts really rain on this list.

Physicality did not win for USC last year...turn-overs did. Offensively we averaged over 6 yards/play, and they averaged 4. But give it away 6 times, and you're not beating anybody.

The reason Shaw kept picking up first downs on 3rd and 7, etc., is that the defense kept over-penetrating. It left the middle of the field so open that my Grandmother could have picked up first downs. This was corrected for an Ohio State team with a quarterback of elite running ability, and he was kept bottled up in the pocket most of the night as a result.

Was our entire defense over-penetrating

May 16, 2014, 1:11 PM

including Peters?

Peters was making excellent penetration

May 16, 2014, 1:13 PM

in the backfield.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Was our entire defense over-penetrating

May 16, 2014, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Was our entire defense over-penetrating ]

HUH? I don't understand the question. But, if you have the videos of those two games, you have all you need. It was easy for Shaw to step up in the pocket and go because there was nobody there. In Miller's case, the defense did not penetrate past keeping Miller in front of them. Stepping up in the pocket meant stepping into a defensive player. One of the commentators for the Orange bowl mentioned this as well.

I think the question that remains:

May 16, 2014, 2:14 PM

WHY DIDN'T BOTH COMMENTATORS FOR THE ORANGE BOWL MENTION THIS?

Excuses are like b-holes. We all have them, and they all

May 16, 2014, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: This is why we can't win the big one. SMH ]

need to be cleaned properly or you will get some kind of weird infection.

I've found these to be very helpful in maintaining good

May 16, 2014, 1:23 PM

hygiene...

photo cleaners_zps2dd046c1.jpg

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

May 16, 2014, 1:24 PM

Correction, we are 5-0 the last three years vs. this list.
VA-TECH, 2011 - 2/0
VA TECH, 2012 - 1/0
LSU, 2012 - 1/0
OHIO STATE, 2013 - 1/0

Bleacher Report is garbage. Pay no mind.

May 16, 2014, 1:45 PM

We will beat FSU and SC again. I assume you mean these games since we did beat LSU, UGA and OSU the last 2 years. Those weren't big games?

Or were you being facetious to begin with? Lol

BleacherReport lists are 100% accurate***

May 16, 2014, 1:46 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

May 16, 2014, 1:49 PM
image.jpg(47.0 K)

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't run 70-80 plays a game with poor conditioning....

May 16, 2014, 2:10 PM

Maybe they need to do a story about how "beat up" Alabama players are when they go to the NFL and have to take a season to recover/rehab.

Don't think we have a problem with it judging from the changes in the players that I know.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree!***

May 16, 2014, 3:02 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2014, 2:39 PM

I'm sure Coach Batson is a very nice guy, but I've felt for some time that time has passed him by and that our S&C program is mediocre. I just can't grasp why Dabo doesn't get this, especially coming from Alabama. Five years ago Carolina totally revamped their S&C program. We haven't beaten them since. With our resources, it's a disgrace that we don't have a strength program fully as good as Alabama's. This is a real weak link for us, but one that appears to be untouchable. What a shame.

You know what else we don't have?

May 16, 2014, 2:41 PM

Poetry slams in Death Valley.

I'm not really sure why.

WE SHOULD DO JUAN THIS SUNDAY.

May 16, 2014, 2:57 PM

Then have a Poetry slam afterwards, knowimsayin?

You!

May 16, 2014, 3:01 PM

You with your penchant for itinerant farm workers. You're really quite the minx!

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic