Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wonder what that fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

I wonder what that fan

Feb 8, 2014, 11:39 PM

said to Marcus Smart for him to go in the stands to push him?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was just wondering the same thing***

Feb 8, 2014, 11:41 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Atleaste it didn't turn into pacers/pistonsII***

Feb 8, 2014, 11:47 PM

Here is a video of that same guy taunting a player before

Feb 9, 2014, 12:14 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0NdJahHN0w

At the very end.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter what he said you can't put your hands on a fan

Feb 9, 2014, 12:45 AM

Curse him back if you feel the need to. maybe even flip him off. But you can not under any circumstances put your hands on a fan.

Disagree

Feb 9, 2014, 2:13 AM

I completely understand your point, but if he said I'm glad your mom's dead so she can't see you play sh*tty basketball, I think it's warranted to push.

Re: Disagree

Feb 9, 2014, 2:28 AM

Haden53 totally agree with you. While most people in SC will use the word "thug" (or worse) when they see this, I just see a grown aS$ sixty year old man taunting a 19 year old kid who flew into the stands on a very gutsy play. Smart did the wrong thing but this wasn't an incident at the mall, this is a very heated game that is in the final minute in a stadium of 15,000 plus.

Feb 9, 2014, 9:41 AM

Physical violence is never acceptable. If that message is good enough for my 8 year old, it's good enough for professional athletes. If they are not mature enough to follow the rules appropriate to our society, they should not be allowed to playnprofessional sports.

Feb 9, 2014, 2:08 PM

Totally agree with you. Violence is never acceptable. I just say let's remember the context in which this happened. And this is not professional sports, it's college. While you're teaching your son to never resort to violence, also teach him sportsmanship and to win with some dignity unlike this goon.

I hope when you say goon you mean the old white dude.***

Feb 9, 2014, 2:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I hope when you say goon you mean the old white dude.***

Feb 9, 2014, 4:27 PM

Yeah I said win with dignity. Texas tech won. Smart's team lost. The white guy was the goon I was referring to.

Re: Re: Disagree

Feb 9, 2014, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Disagree ]

Thug is the right for it....thats what you call someone who immediately resorts to acts of violence....The "kid" needs to remember he put himself into the spotlight by WANTING to play college bball at a high level in front of thousands of heated fans. If you don't like what the opposing fan says, shut him him up on the scoreboard, not with your fists

Does buying you a ticket also buy you courage?

Feb 9, 2014, 2:37 PM

Do you think the fan, who was directly addressing a fallen Smart, a mere 5 feet away would have been so courageous if he knew there would be actual consequences for his action. He knew (or at least thought he knew) that Smart couldn't react, so he felt entitled to say whatever he said, again specifically to Smart. Smart should have ignored it, but the guy you're making out to be some sort of Martyr is a coward who finally (guy has a long history of being an idiot) had an athlete actually respond to one of the vile things he said.

Re: Does buying you a ticket also buy you courage?

Feb 9, 2014, 3:32 PM

You act as if opposing fans all of a sudden just started being a-holes lol. How many times have you bashed a Gamecock player as a Clemson fan? I would guess a lot but what if one of those big dudes decided to take your teeth out for chiding him at game? Would you be so sympathetic to the violence then?

There is a line

Feb 9, 2014, 3:36 PM

If you watch the video, you will see how normal fans handle a player falling into the stands. They try an help him up so he can get back on the floor. Then you will see how a coward handles this same situation, by running his mouth and yelling specifically at Smart, who is only a few feet away from him. Other people are also yelling, but I'm guessing Mr. Superfan said some sort of magic word to set smart off.

Re: There is a line

Feb 9, 2014, 3:47 PM

Okay...well be careful when you are in the stands at Death Valley, I wouldn't want to hear you saying anything to berate our opponents bc if you did, then they would have to stop the game while those players came up and gave you a beating

Also, The fan says one thing, smart says another. But i know for a fact that DrewTigeralum was not involved, therefore cannot say with 100% certainty what was said. Hearsay isn't a good a defense

If a South Carolina player falls into the stands

Feb 9, 2014, 3:52 PM

I won't be talking trash to him. In fact, I spend most of my time cheering for my team, and not personally insulting opposing players, but to each his own I guess Nick, whatever makes you feel good about yourself. I do know what Smart says he heard, and I can 100% guarantee you that he was there. I didn't realize eye witness testimony was hearsay, but then again, I'm not a lawyer.

Link:
http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2014/02/texas-tech-fan-who-was-shoved-by-marcus-smart-reportedly-used-racial-slur/

Message was edited by: drewtigeralum03®

Re: If a South Carolina player falls into the stands

Feb 9, 2014, 6:42 PM

Oh, so you prefer to only trash talk opponents (gamecocks) behind your keyboard? It is much more manly to do it that way than to say it to their face. Only cowards talk trash to your face haha

Re: If a South Carolina player falls into the stands

Feb 9, 2014, 6:44 PM [ in reply to If a South Carolina player falls into the stands ]

3 game suspension is a lot for someone who didnt do anything wrong huh Drew?

Nope, that was what I expected

Feb 9, 2014, 6:47 PM

Seeing as how Ron Artest was suspended for an entire NBA season, I would say some extenuating factors were considered in the punishment.

Re: There is a line

Feb 9, 2014, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Re: There is a line ]

TigerNick04, buying a ticket doesn't give you a free pass to say or do anything you want. And Smart shoved the guy. Using "fists" is more in line with what Ron Artest did in 2004.

I encourage you to drive into the streets of No. Charleston saying some of the things the old white man was saying. Then you'll find out what a thug really is. Pushing a man who is taunting you is called overreacting, it doesn't make you a thug.

Re: Re: There is a line

Feb 9, 2014, 6:37 PM

I live in North Charleston my friend...here are the facts:

1. Fan said something to Smart

2. Smart PHYSICALLY pushed Orr

3. ESPN just came out with statement saying Orr said "piece of crap"

4. Smart says he used racial slur

Now take all those factors into consideration and realize that the only action at this time we can PROVE was out line was the push....you can debate he said/she said all day long but you can't prove it. I can prove a player shoved a fan

and fans shouldn't be that close to players in the course...

Feb 9, 2014, 10:22 AM [ in reply to No matter what he said you can't put your hands on a fan ]

of the game

50k plus fine in the NBA***

Feb 9, 2014, 1:23 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 50k plus fine in the NBA***

Feb 9, 2014, 4:01 AM

http://today.ttu.edu/2010/03/texas-tech-basketball-fan-extraordinaire/

Re: I wonder what that fan

Feb 9, 2014, 8:22 AM

Looks like guy used the N-word.

http://msn.foxsports.com/southwest/story/marcus-smart-shoves-fan-in-loss-to-texas-tech-020814

What a pathetic individual. Fan deserved what he got IMHO.

that fat guy looks like he's a little slow on the uptake.***

Feb 9, 2014, 9:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: fat guy looks a little slow on the uptake. Richt

Feb 9, 2014, 9:55 AM

looks like he's really let himself go

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: I wonder what that fan

Feb 9, 2014, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: I wonder what that fan ]

Did you hear him say it? Were you there? You think it's okay to condemn him as a racist based on your research from a fox sports article which is reporting unsubstantiated information? What qualifications do you have in your background that qualify you to slander this individual with no hard evidence?

To accuse someone of racism is very serious and damaging to their character and reputation. Please don't do it without proof

Marcus Smart heard what the guy said

Feb 9, 2014, 2:23 PM

and has stated as much. So unless you think Smart picked a random guy out of the crowd to go after when he was trying to get up and head back towards the court, maybe I will go with Smart's version of events, since, you know, he was there and did hear what the guy said.

Multiple outlets reporting the same now...

Feb 9, 2014, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: I wonder what that fan ]

Please don't accuse me of accusing someone without doing your research.

Explain why ESPN would say during the telecast that they can

Feb 9, 2014, 7:03 PM

find noone to support Smart's claim of Orr using a racial slur, if you were being persecuted unfairly. It is easy for someone to claim they heard something, and really easy for someone with an agenda to take that claim and run with it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is why fans shouldn't be so close to the court in...

Feb 9, 2014, 10:21 AM

Basketball. Smart was wrong for what he did. But it is absolutely ridiculous, for a player only to step a few feet out of bounds, and have an opposing fan right in their face. Surprising that this hasn't happened more through out the years, with how close and how easy is it is for fans to get down on the basketball court.

Re: This is why fans shouldn't be so close to the court in...

Feb 9, 2014, 10:38 AM

And why people should have to pass an IQ test before they can buy tickets.

Message was edited by: Outbound®

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

I don't think an IQ rest would necessarily

Feb 9, 2014, 11:06 AM

help. I seen some really smart people do some really stupid things. IQ tests tell you nothing about common sense or how well a person can function in society.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

very true. i worked with some people that had degree's w/

Feb 9, 2014, 3:37 PM

titles as long as my arm, and didn't have the common sense of a billy goat. if the knowledge didn't come from a book, they didn't know it. it was kinda pathetic, actually - thinking someone was so smart, then actually getting to know them.

This "fan" obviously has a documented history of this type

Feb 9, 2014, 11:13 AM

of behavior before this one. My question is, why does Texas Tech allow him to sit so close? I know the answer is because I'm sure he donates a lot of money, but when you have one individual who doesn't go to the game simply to cheer for TTU but also clearly tries to do things to engage players from the opposing team, why does TTU continue to allow this?

Look, Marcus Smart obviously shoulders blame in this as well. He should have handled this better. But this "fan" as well as TTU are not free of blame here.

Evidentally he called him the n word***

Feb 9, 2014, 11:44 AM

Should have thrown the fan out***

Feb 9, 2014, 12:01 PM

Re: Should have thrown the fan out***

Feb 9, 2014, 4:44 PM

Where is Roy Williams when you REALLY need him?

Re: Should have thrown the fan out***

Feb 9, 2014, 4:45 PM

Oh, and Karl Hess....

Where are Roy Williams and Karl Hess

Feb 9, 2014, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Should have thrown the fan out*** ]

when they are really needed????

Guess what?

Feb 9, 2014, 6:32 PM

I saw a video and an article saying the fan did not use a racial slur. Therefore, inmy opinion, you have accused someone of racism before the matter has been resolved and all the facts laid out. So what you did is pre-judging which in many cases, leads to slandering someone

Re: I wonder what that fan

Feb 9, 2014, 6:57 PM

I'm just not bothered by the whole thing. Smart falls into the stands, some stupid fan runs his mouth at Smart, Smart pushes the guy. If I was running my mouth and got pushed I sure wouldn't be acting like a little ##### about it. You act stupid, stupid things can happen. The average fan would just help the guy back onto the court. The stupid fan that thinks there are no consequences for his actions decides he is going to run his mouth at an athlete.

3 game suspension sounds about right. Smart probably shouldn't have pushed the guy, but I have to believe the guy had something coming his way. No way Smart just singles out some old dude to start trouble with randomly.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic