Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is why Clemson will be a lock should we win out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

This is why Clemson will be a lock should we win out

Nov 9, 2012, 3:27 PM

You will have this

Oregon vs Neb in Rose
KSU vs Bama in title
FSU vs Lou Orange
Sugar LSU vs ND

Fiesta would be Clemson vs Who else is left

Big 12 doesn't have another team with 1 or less losses. OU 10-2

Big 10 LOL
Big east LOL
Pac 12, no one with 1 loss, Oregon plays both Stanford and Oregon st

So to this we shoulda left ACC is garbage. So please raise your hand if you thought going to Big 12 was smart? Ask TCU and WV how smart it was

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would be shocked to see Sugar get Notre Dame and

Nov 9, 2012, 3:29 PM

LSU. Fiesta will get a pick before the Sugar.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sorrry but IF

Nov 9, 2012, 3:32 PM

OU is sitting there at 10-2 they will get the nod over Clemson

Clemson vs UGA, FL, or LSU in the Sugar

Nov 9, 2012, 3:33 PM

Gotta win out first though...

OU and Clemson are the two who are

Nov 9, 2012, 4:12 PM [ in reply to I'm sorrry but IF ]

going to play. No one else will be good enough to get there. Also with win over SC, clemson gets nod over OU as 1 loss to 2.

Number of losses means nothing..................

Nov 9, 2012, 8:39 PM

just ask Boise State. How many times did they go undefeated and got snubbed because of their poor SOS. Our SOS is nothing to brag about. Now the fact that we will bring a big crowd to the Sugar and spend mucho bucks will help us there. Not so much at the Fiesta as I don't think as many of our fans would make that venue. It's about money guys. That is what we bring to the table as a fan base. MONEY!! That's why the Sugar would want us.

Plus the Sugar showcasing one of the most exciting offenses in the country would also be attractive to them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boise wasn't in a major conference***

Nov 9, 2012, 10:30 PM

Re: Boise wasn't in a major conference***

Nov 10, 2012, 8:38 AM

So?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boise wasn't in a major conference***

Nov 10, 2012, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Boise wasn't in a major conference*** ]

So?

Negative Not After Clemson Beats USUCK

Nov 9, 2012, 5:08 PM [ in reply to I'm sorrry but IF ]

The computers love USUCK and a Top 10 win against an SEC team will jump us in both human and computers. Plus Choklahoma has 4 games left, promise they will lose 1.

If Clemson loses it won't matter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Sugar is thought to be not to interested in......

Nov 9, 2012, 3:45 PM

LSU because they are so close.

LSU to the Cotton Bowl***

Nov 9, 2012, 3:46 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: LSU to the Cotton Bowl***

Nov 9, 2012, 3:56 PM

If Alabama and Oregon make the BCS title game which I think will happen if they win out,

THEN

Sugar picks 1st and takes an SEC team as a replacement for Alabama, most likely UGA / FLA or LSU and in a very very very longshot South Carolina.

Rose picks second to replace PAC 10 Champion and will take a PAC 10 school to replace Oregon vs the Big 10 Champion. They could take Notre Dame here but I still think they would rather have a PAC 10 v BIG 10. So OSU or USC or UCLA or Stanford. Even a 2 losses the Rose Bowl would love the traditional B10 vs Pac12. The game is already sold out, they could fill it twice and the hotel rooms are booked years in advance with the parade. Remember it is not who is most deserving, but rather who the bowl committee likes.

Fiesta goes next - Kansas State as Big12 champ and they jump all over Notre Dame without even a blink of an eye thought.

Sugar picks their second team here. They could take an 11-1 Clemson team or take Oklahoma. The Sooners have a tougher schedule and against a SEC team would be a great game. I guess you really have to ask yourself would the second place team in VASTLY superior Big 12 be better than the 2nd place team in the very weak ACC. Would Clemson be 11-1 in the Big 12 playing K State, WVa, Texas, Oklahoma, OK state, TCU and Texas Tech.

Orange Picks last and is stuck once again with ACC v Big East and takes Florida State and Louisville.

BUT

La Tech can take a non AQ spot AT LARGE position if they move into Top 16 and are ahead of the Big 10 champ. It is possible particularly if Wisconsin wins the Big 10 or Louisville loses in the Big East. La Tech is 19th with a very good chance to make #16. The question is will that be ahead of the Big 10 champ.

If La Tech does qualify then Louisville goes to the Sugar and the Orange has Florida State and La Tech

FYI

A non AQ conference team would have qualified EVERY SEASON since 2003 under the current guidelines.

I think the Sugar gobbles up Notre Dame with the 1st pick.***

Nov 9, 2012, 4:04 PM

Re: I think the Sugar gobbles up Notre Dame with the 1st pick.***

Nov 9, 2012, 4:09 PM

Good point Caddie you could be 100% correct. They could take ND and think that an SEC team would still be available when they select their second team if they REALLY want a SEC partipant.

That would give us

Ala vs. Oregon NC

Notre Dame to Sugar
Pac 10 team to Rose
Fiesta with Kansas St. vs. Clemson ?? The Fiesta would not want 2 Big 10 teams.
Sugar take a SEC team
Orange take Fla St vs Louisville

I would think in this case Fiesta would take Clemson over OK.

Re: I think the Sugar gobbles up Notre Dame with the 1st pick.***

Nov 9, 2012, 4:10 PM

Big 12 teams

I think Clemson will be in the Fiesta

Nov 9, 2012, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Re: I think the Sugar gobbles up Notre Dame with the 1st pick.*** ]

vs KSU is Oregon gets nod, which I think they will

It's going to be LSU or UGA as UF and SC would have

Nov 9, 2012, 4:13 PM [ in reply to LSU to the Cotton Bowl*** ]

lost to FSU and CU

Re: This is why Clemson will be a lock should we win out

Nov 9, 2012, 10:45 PM

I think you need to go look at the BCS selection rules. The Orange Bowl is not under contract with the Big East. I also believe that since the Big East has an gets an automatic qualifier, that team has to be selected in the first few picks before the "at large" teams are selected.

I am not 100% certain about this, but I think that would mean that the Big East team might be going to the Fiesta Bowl. Depending on how the last few weeks shakes out. If that is the case, that means our only shot is the Sugar Bowl. They will not select Clemson to play FSU in the Orange Bowl.

An finally, it will come down to Money. Not records. If OU qualifies, I think they get the nod over us. They have a more natianal fan following that Clemson. I hope I am wrong on this.

Anyway. We need to hope that OU loses one more game. That way we get in no problem. Of course we need to take care of business as well.

Go Tigers
LNT

In the BCS selection order, the Fiesta picks before Sugar...

Nov 10, 2012, 9:16 AM

Certain conferences are locked in at certain spots....it will look like this:

National Championship: Bama vs Oregon (just a hunch)

Rose: Pac 10 vs Big 10 (Oregon State vs. Nebraska)

Fiesta: Big 12 (Kansas St. vs Notre Dame as 1st at large)

Sugar: SEC (Georgia or LSU or somebody vs 2nd at large)

Orange: ACC (FSU vs 3rd at large...likely Louisville)

The 2nd at large pick is where Clemson would likely land. Oklahoma would also be a strong candidate if they win out, since their losses were to Kansas St. and Notre Dame. There really aren't a lot of other teams that would fit well there or be in position in the BCS rankings to go there. If Kansas St. goes to the title game, then Oklahoma could go Fiesta to represent Big 12 and then maybe Oregon St. enters the picture since Oregon goes to the Rose.

It really looks like it will come down to Clemson or Oklahoma. The Sooners do have a couple of tough games left....road trips to West Virginia and TCU won't be easy, as well as the rivalry game with Oklahoma State. I suppose if they lose one it would remove all mystery.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic