Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney: 'I do think we're going to play Saturday'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney: 'I do think we're going to play Saturday'

Sep 12, 2018, 1:07 PM

Swinney: 'I do think we're going to play Saturday'

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney was asked Wednesday about the impending effect of Hurricane Florence on the Clemson-Georgia Southern game this weekend. Games around Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney: 'I do think we're going to play Saturday'

Sep 12, 2018, 1:23 PM

Stay safe tiger nation. And go tigers!!!

This is what happens when people push false narratives

Sep 12, 2018, 8:00 PM

When people push false narratives of global warming, climate change, BULLSPIT!, etc., we end up changing times, and in some cases are forced to cancel games. People are making a mountain out of a mole-hill. Hurricane Florence will be a weak CAT II by the time it makes landfall and everyone is overreacting for no reason. Of course, we know why NCST and UNC cancelled their games. It's to avoid that "L" they would be receiving. Otherwise, the rest of the nation is crying over 35MPH winds and some hail damage to their roof which is undoubtedly covered by their homeowner's insurance. WHO CARES!? Spot the dang ball and let's get this season started proper. For Peet's sake, if you live within 50 miles of the coast, by all means evacuate, but these crybabies living here in the Foothills need to grow a pair. 30MPH winds, and maybe some rain. Stop whining and let's play some dang football on Saturday.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: This is what happens when people push false narratives

Sep 13, 2018, 12:09 AM

When people push false narratives of global warming, climate change, BULLSPIT!, etc., we end up changing times, and in some cases are forced to cancel games. People are making a mountain out of a mole-hill. Hurricane Florence will be a weak CAT II by the time it makes landfall and everyone is overreacting for no reason. Of course, we know why NCST and UNC cancelled their games. It's to avoid that "L" they would be receiving. Otherwise, the rest of the nation is crying over 35MPH winds and some hail damage to their roof which is undoubtedly covered by their homeowner's insurance. WHO CARES!? Spot the dang ball and let's get this season started proper. For Peet's sake, if you live within 50 miles of the coast, by all means evacuate, but these crybabies living here in the Foothills need to grow a pair. 30MPH winds, and maybe some rain. Stop whining and let's play some dang football on Saturday.

Easy big fella!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is what happens when people push false narratives

Sep 13, 2018, 10:17 PM [ in reply to This is what happens when people push false narratives ]

Did you really just say this??? "false narratives of global warming...." kind of takes any credibility away from anything else you might want to say now doesn't it. Though it may be hard for you to understand, playing or not is really not about you sitting in the rain and neither is climate change about you. There is a bigger picture here in both cases - next time you visit campus you might want to visit a classroom where the subject is climatology. Yes, most of us fans that sit with you rain or shine also understand science and data.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

25,000 Years Ago

Sep 15, 2018, 5:46 AM

The Earth's temperature was actually warmer by 2 Degrees Celsius. Many scientist have proven this through the extraction of ice cores in the artic circle. Also, the ozone has actually repaired itself even though we've increased our Co2 output. Global Warming, Global Cooling, and claims of the like are nothing more than an adult fairy tale. All designed to give the federal government a reason to impose a tax somewhere because our government sucks at managing money.

Climate change is 100% real, and the Earth has crossed over into climate shifts long before the existence of you or me. The human impact on climate change is hogwash. We are but a mere flea on the back of an elephant. The Earth's magnetic poles have been shifting for centuries which changes the placement of the sun on the Earth's surface. This in turn causes some places to become colder while other places warm up. Humans have zero impact on this activity.

Another thing that has an impact on Earth would be the speed in which the Earth spins on it's axis. The Earth is slowing down. Essentially, we will face extinction on Earth in the next 500 Million years should the Earth continue to slow down. We will become dead locked to one side of the Earth with only one side of the Earth receiving sunlight while the other receiving no sun light. It will then become too hot on one side of the planet, and too cold on the other side. We are then considered to be outside of the habitable zone for sustaining human life or any life for that matter.

The biggest concern would have nothing to do with carbon emission and everything to do with the magnetic axis poles. With each passing equinox and solstice we are at the Earth's mercy. With a simple magnetic gravitational influence our Earth could spin uncontrollably into a wobble and kill everything on Earth in a single day due to massive quakes on a global scale. Another nightmarish scenario would be the Earth wobbling and spinning outside of it's orbital plane causing the extinction of all life forms on Earth due to either collision or traveling beyond the habitable zone.

I'm not sure that Clemson offers quantum physics, but if so then you should stop by one of those classrooms and learn the real cause of climate changes. Cow farts have nothing to do with it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: 25,000 Years Ago

Sep 15, 2018, 6:44 AM

I was an engineering major at Clemson and studied climate change in grad school. I know physics and this topic. I do agree with you that we are mere fleas on the Earth and one day it will shake us off one way or another.

Climate change is man-made and it is in our control unlike the pole-shift. We can't stop the poles from shifting but we can think of others and leave the place as good as we can for our children and grand-children. I chose to live like a Christian in that manner.

I have had enough of this topic.. I would request that this mods move this to the amp for those who want to continue this discussion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why does your rant have to include global warming?

Sep 15, 2018, 6:35 AM [ in reply to This is what happens when people push false narratives ]

Really has nothing to do with people taking too much precaution to an impending weak hurricane. In that opinion I may agree with you. It's sports related and it's Clemson sports related - yey!

In regards to the climate change mention, my guess is you're trying to make it political since you're a right-leaning person who needs to have his conservative opinion heard. If that is the case (which is fine btw), there are avenues to vent it - just not here.

If you're scientifically peer-reviewing some global warming research, then my bad. In that case, I'd love to see your numbers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney: 'I do think we're going to play Saturday'

Sep 13, 2018, 12:16 AM

The local new on channel 7 said it would not start raining until Saturday night.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic