Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

YOUR BALANCE
This is what I find interesting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,317

This is what I find interesting

Jun 29, 2013, 2:12 AM

Several people on the board want to give the kid a break because he is a "Clemson Fan" and from a "good family". I don't think who he is or who is family is should matter at all. If the kid was a homeless South Carolina fan I'm not sure the sentiment would be the same, even though the exact same crime would have been committed. I always thought justice was supposed to be blind, but I guess you get can catch a break if your father is a former minister and you're of the right demographic. Yes, I did do some stupid stuff when I was 18, but no, I was not intentionally malicious to the point of premeditated destruction of a landmark. I would love to have a piece of the rock sitting in my living room, but I'm not so narcissistic and selfish to act on that desire. If he wasn't taught that there are some things you just can't say I'm sorry and have forgiven, then maybe he didn't have such an awesome family upbringing after all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is what I find interesting

Jun 29, 2013, 4:02 AM

I think he or they should be punished worse if they are Clemson fans. They should know better!!!

Jun 29, 2013, 5:39 AM

I,for one,an not for giving the kid a break.
He should be made to pay.
However what good does a jail term serve?
I am hearing PTI,for what' that is worth.
Just my opinion,he should do some serious community service,pay restitution,and damages,and be banned from ever setting foot on the campus.
The kid made an idiotic,selfish,and inmature act against Clemson,and Clemson nation.
Punish him by making him pay ,and keeping him,and his family off Clemson property permanently.

You get PTI for underage drinking

Jun 29, 2013, 11:51 AM

This sounds a little more severe. Again, if it were someone else, I'm not sure you would have the same opinion.

I say break his legs

Jun 29, 2013, 5:41 AM

then make him eat glass. :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say make him break glass

Jun 29, 2013, 11:52 AM

and then eat his own legs.

What I hope happens is that he is treated as any other

Jun 29, 2013, 11:55 AM

18 year old, first time offender, and learns a lesson he never forgets the rest of his life. Fan or no fan, agreed, justice should be blind. I also pray we don't have any idiotic acts of revenge that make us look like real fools

Jun 29, 2013, 11:57 AM

I don't think he should be given any quarter. Punish him the fullest extent. But leave his family out of it. For all we know, they are great people. I have seen many, many kids from great families break bad. I know these kids were raised right. It's just a horribly embarrassing situation for everyone involved. Punish the bad seed.....feel sorry for the family.

You know these kids were raised right?

Jun 29, 2013, 12:02 PM

Interesting, do you know the family. I'm assuming someone on Tigernet knows them.

Re: You know these kids were raised right?

Jun 29, 2013, 12:05 PM

No, I don't know that Micah was raised right. I do know of a bunch of kids that were raised properly by good parents that turned out bad. It's sad but it happens.....a lot.

So you have no idea how he was raised

Jun 29, 2013, 12:10 PM

I'm not saying he was raised to be a killer, or a vandal or anything like that. My suspicion is that he was raised without a real sense of consequences and raised with a very high sense of self worth. As a former high school teacher, I would see this a lot in kids, especially wealthy kids. I have no doubt his parents are there for him (probably a little too much) and that he is loved by his family.

Re: So you have no idea how he was raised

Jun 29, 2013, 12:21 PM

That's possible....maybe even probable. My point is that people calling for ruining the father's business are taking things too far. There's something wrong with this kid....obviously. Punish HIM.

Some people probably won't use his business anymore

Jun 29, 2013, 12:32 PM

Some people will. I doubt he has a 100% Clemson customers. I would probably go a different route if I needed masonry work done, especially if his kid is on the work crew.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,317
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic