Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Latest Reports Say Bowden Staying
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1,812

Dec 4, 2007, 10:29 AM

coach Tommy Bowden has decided to stay at Clemson, according to a report in the Charleston Post and Courier. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't believe this

Dec 4, 2007, 10:31 AM

yall wanna keep a coach that will never win a title and that is ok with you. TDP and the bowden lovers are going to regret this.

get lost***

Dec 4, 2007, 10:32 AM

Photobucket

Re: I can't believe this

Dec 4, 2007, 10:33 AM [ in reply to I can't believe this ]

You can come to watch the ACC championship game at my house next year with clemson in it. I'll be serving crow.

And Spurrier was supposed to have a National Championship

Dec 4, 2007, 10:43 AM [ in reply to I can't believe this ]

at USuC by now also.

And Spurrier was supposed to have a National Championship

Dec 4, 2007, 10:44 AM [ in reply to I can't believe this ]

at USuC by now also.

Please go play in traffic...***

Dec 4, 2007, 11:23 AM [ in reply to I can't believe this ]

What affiliation do you have with Clemson?***

Dec 4, 2007, 12:07 PM [ in reply to I can't believe this ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

If you're a coot, why post here? Go back to your natural

Dec 4, 2007, 2:01 PM [ in reply to I can't believe this ]

habitat.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FIND ANOTHER TEAM....EASE YOUR PAIN***

Dec 4, 2007, 2:15 PM [ in reply to I can't believe this ]

This is the best for CU short term anyway:

Dec 4, 2007, 10:42 AM

Too many talented juniors who might leave. BC is losing half their team and next year should be ours to dominate. This would also wreck a strong recruiting year.

It's hard to blame TB who probably got himself a better deal. I just hope we didn't have to match AK's insane offer -- Bowden doesn't deseve 2.5 mil.

AK is really hurting, there old coach turned down a raise. DM and FJ are leaving early. Hate it for them

Long term benefit for CU jury out, but considering TB's grad rate and clean image we could do a lot worse

Re: This is the best for CU short term anyway:

Dec 4, 2007, 11:04 AM

Yea just how many schools in the country you think would like to have our program?????

Days are gone that you can win titles every year. When the conference was split they expected the title game to be Miami-FSU every year see where that has gone. One catch and we would have played VA Tech last weekend.

And for all you great coaches out there - its so easy to call a play after the fact from the upper deck. try it from the sidelines or press box with 25 seconds.
Just because Tommy doesn't curse and chew - you Danny guys get over it. He was fired cause he got to big for his britches. I am glad to have a decient man coaching our school. The South Carolina ACLU can go to hell.

Re: This is the best for CU short term anyway:

Dec 4, 2007, 5:36 PM

Just to interject on the great coaches thing.....I sure as heck can call run up the middle, run off right guard on first down... with the best of them...lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

GREAT news !

Dec 4, 2007, 10:50 AM

Re: GREAT news !

Dec 4, 2007, 11:05 AM

Amen.
A great man running an outstanding program.
Go TIGERS!!!

Honestly, the only reason he probably did this is too get ..

Dec 4, 2007, 11:03 AM

some leverage for his contract extension coming up.
Who out of you, if given a chance, would mention another solid job offering when negotiating your yearly pay raise (or similiar situation). I would.

I actually am glad that he is staying and this is why.......

Dec 4, 2007, 11:09 AM

You cant fire a guy or wish he would leave for going 10-3 or 9-4 when we had every opportunity to be even better. Tommy is not out on that field and has no control over who catches the ball or runs the ball good. Coaches coach and players make plays!!!! Crezdon blew that coverage all to hell against BC... Tommy didnt! Kelly dropped that pass... Tommy didnt!! Hopefully yall get my point. Hes built what we have now and even though i know its not what we want .... its better than what we had before him!!!

And he turns the players that play for him into men

Dec 4, 2007, 12:09 PM

and that will lead them to be successful in life.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I actually am glad that he is staying and this is why...

Dec 4, 2007, 3:40 PM [ in reply to I actually am glad that he is staying and this is why....... ]

Butler didn't blow the coverage in BC game... They were in cover 2 and Clemmons was supposed to be back there and easily would have intercepted it but he bit on tight end drifting across the middle once Ryan broke from the pocket.
But you're right, it was busted coverage on our part which they didn't do all game (58 + mins.) except for when it counted.

GREAT NEWS!!! Bowden will take us to the ACCC in '08!!!!!***

Dec 4, 2007, 11:09 AM

Re: are you'll crazy? I will hire the moving company

Dec 4, 2007, 11:13 AM

He lucked up and won 9. The word was he was gone after this year. If he stays you people will be eating crow all next year.

Its yall not "you'll" this is the South genius!!!! ****

Dec 4, 2007, 11:28 AM

nt

go back to your cave***

Dec 4, 2007, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: are you'll crazy? I will hire the moving company ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2007, 12:31 PM

I really hope everyone who supports a contract extension is right about winning the acc championship with Tommy next year. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say he should probably stick around for another season, but if he doesn't win it next year enough is enough. There is absolutely no reason why Clemson should not dominate next season! Pretty sure we went 9-3 with Tommy already and didn't get a championship then either. So here we are again. I hope we pull it out big next season, but I have learned to never put a lot of hype on the upcoming season because every time I do, we lose a couple games because of stupidity. We might win the ACCC next year, but anyone who guarantees it is a complete fool!! And by the way, if Clemson gives Tommy a pay raise close to what AK offered, we really are STUPID! No championship = no huge pay raise in my opinion. A small raise maybe.... GO TIGERS!!!!

Replies: 23
| visibility 1,812
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic