Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is the best chance for a Heisman winner in the Dabo era
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

This is the best chance for a Heisman winner in the Dabo era

Sep 27, 2018, 1:29 PM

I say that while fully aware of the absurdity of that claim to certain folks around here. I also say that not out of disrespect to the clear impact of DW4 and his time with Clemson; he's a Heisman winner in my eyes. But with 2 real scholarship QB's on the current roster, a down ACC for the remainder of the year, potentially the best WR corp in Clemson's history, and a championship-caliber defense - this year might be the best shot to have a Clemson player win the Heisman.

Dabo isn't going to put in Chase Brice for an entire quarter early in the game and Trevor has already proven the ability to regain the explosive nature of our offense. Trevor should have plenty of possessions every game to showcase his abilities and rack up stats. He is already close to pace with the top names, having split QB duties, and this appears to be a year for the QB to win.

Next year we lose a lot on defense (as everyone knows), Hyatt will be gone, and I expect the QB depth problems to be resolved - meaning less snaps for Trevor next season later in games given the Dabo philosophy of building quality depth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is the best chance for a Heisman winner in the Dabo era

Sep 27, 2018, 1:31 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

You got a laugh out of me for that one. Thumbs up.***

Sep 27, 2018, 1:34 PM

Very nice!***

Sep 27, 2018, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Re: This is the best chance for a Heisman winner in the Dabo era ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw the Heisman and every yellow bellied, candy @ssed, moron with a vote who could not see that DW4 was the best player in the country. It is a meaningless award now.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2018, 3:53 AM

It became meaningless when they gave it to Crab Legs.

I agree with TL being a possible contender

but there is no way on Earth DW shouldn't have won the Heisman instead of Lamar Jackson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson should have won but had it robbed from him***

Sep 27, 2018, 1:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

It was like a slap to the face.He wasn't given a fair shot.

Sep 27, 2018, 3:53 PM

nm

ESPN has already given it to tapioapa tyne next 3 yrs***

Sep 27, 2018, 1:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: ESPN has already given it to tapioapa tyne next 3 yrs***

Sep 27, 2018, 1:42 PM

Keep in mind, Bama has Hurts to toss in there earlier in the game. We don't really have luxury anymore of playing a guy with a bunch of experience - which is crazy considering where we were at the start of the year.

Also keep in mind, there's no reason we shouldn't be undefeated by the time the voting begins while Bama could suffer a loss to LSU or Auburn by that time.

n9.no.no

Sep 27, 2018, 1:51 PM

didn't you learn. .voting is based off September games.

ask lamont Jackson

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: n9.no.no

Sep 27, 2018, 1:59 PM

Good thing the 6 TD game against Cuse will count then. ;)

DW's lack of heisman confirms its irrelevance

Sep 27, 2018, 1:49 PM

IMO, unless the NYAC changes the timing of the Heisman until AFTER the most important games of the year, it will fade into obscurity. A "best player" award should not ignore the most meaningful games of the year.

So, I encourage all of us to ignore the "best player before being tested by the most important games of the year" award.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Sep 27, 2018, 2:05 PM

With our skillset being a 5 star QB , one 5 star RB and two high 4 Star running backs , five 4 star WR and one 5 star WR we will most likely destroy teams from the offensive side ... and I say that with the kind of confidence John Wayne had when faced with certain death .
I think 40+ points average when it's all said and done . Trevor sets the tone .

Then , our defense . Nothing needs to be said here ... they good .

DB23

National Championships Are The Focus

Sep 27, 2018, 4:23 PM

Everything else is tertiary.

Re: National Championships Are The Focus

Sep 27, 2018, 7:49 PM

True - until one bets on it occurring at 40-1 odds. Ha

Sep 27, 2018, 11:26 PM

Why would we want one of our guys moving into Heisman House after that last guy with all the baggage? (If you haven't seen that ad yet, watch for it this weekend!!)

Some folks on here, can come up with the dumbest topics!

Sep 28, 2018, 4:02 AM

Who cares if we have a Heisman winner anyway??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic