Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zion would not have increased neither our’s nor Wofford’s results
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Zion would not have increased neither our’s nor Wofford’s results

Apr 1, 2019, 5:16 PM

Because if he had those wins would have been vacated after the Inevitable NCAA investigation. He went to one of the few schools where he was untouchable.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Zion would not have increased neither our’s nor Wofford’s results

Apr 1, 2019, 5:25 PM

Exposure with Duke/ESPN have made him worth more millions IMO.

Apr 1, 2019, 5:29 PM

I don’t disagree with that assessment. I just feel like hadhr signed with Clemson he would have been investigated thoroughly. Especially after all the stuff with Kansas came out.

Apr 1, 2019, 5:34 PM

Lol. Why would he be investigated if he came to Clemson?

Apr 1, 2019, 5:55 PM

Because Kansas was willing to pay him anything to get him, they would have figured we paid more but Duke being a blue blood pet they will never check them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

You have us peaking too early in your signature!

Apr 1, 2019, 5:59 PM

The National Championship Game is on January 13, 2020.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

This is silly.

Apr 1, 2019, 6:07 PM

You have absolutely zero reason to believe Duke paid him anything. I mean, basketball players like to go to Duke. News flash there.

Re: This is silly.

Apr 1, 2019, 6:42 PM

His dad was on the wiretap auctioning his sons services. The fact you think because Duke is Duke that it means Duke wouldn't have to pay him for him to choose them over Clemson is asinine. Duke all of a sudden starts going the one and done route and doing it better than Kentucky who is more of a blue blood than Duke when Coach K said he wouldn't do it that way. Coach K would do anything to be the greatest especially if that player has been talked about as the best prospect since LeBron. How do you think it'd look for Duke to lose a recruit like that to Clemson? I'm sure he would be willing to do anything to make sure that didn't happen. Not to mention his parents moving just 3 hours away just for their son to go to school for 8 months, seems logical. I guess that 3 hour commute isn't to bad, oh unless Duke got the a new house and jobs like the ones they asked Kansas for. The only silly thing is that you believe Duke actually cleared themselves when they "self-investigated". You can believe what you want bit not for one second do I think it was on the up and up when not one Duke insider or beat writer thought he was going to Duke. They believed he wasn't going to Duke so much so they didn't send NOT one person from any affiliate related to Duke to cover his announcement.

Apr 1, 2019, 8:04 PM

^^^Yep. What he said.

I’m curious

Apr 1, 2019, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: This is silly. ]

Link to wiretap please.

Re: I’m curious

Apr 1, 2019, 10:53 PM

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2018/10/17/17989394/zion-williamson-fbi-corruption-trial-allegations-ncaa-eligibility-kansas-duke

Re: I’m curious

Apr 1, 2019, 10:55 PM

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/kansas-assistant-caught-on-wiretap-discussing-money-issues-over-zion-williamson-and-thats-a-problem-for-duke/

Apr 7, 2019, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Re: This is silly. ]

More smoke surrounding Zion’s “recruiting” at Duke. I guess win you’re no longer the NCAA cash cow they have no reason to protect you.

Apr 7, 2019, 11:08 AM

I'll start by saying that I think that Coach K is the crookedest man in college basketball, so there is certainly bias here. I also think that he is very smart and would always cover himself with plausible deniability.

Kansas was an Adidas school and from the wiretap it looks like payments were trying to be arranged. Now it looks as if Nike may have paid him. Since we are a Nike school, on the surface, it might seem like Clemson would still have been in the hunt. However, Nike also very well could have steered him to Duke. Coach K can argue that he had no knowledge and that Nike steered him there simply because of exposure.

The thing is that he was considering Kentucky who is also a Nike school. If he was worried about exposure and wanted to be closer to home then why not UNC, where classes are optional. Other than Oregon, nobody is tied closer to Nike. My conspiracy theory (which I honestly believe) is that Coach K strong armed Nike to send players his way or that he would go elsewhere for a shoe deal. A backroom deal that he can deny all the way to the bank.

He strong armed his players into not leaving, until Elden Brand, who was the consensus player of the year in college, ignored Coach K when he told Brand that he was not ready for the pros. Coach K strong armed the Olympic committee into becoming the first repeat coach in 40 years because he could control the egos of NBA players, maybe because his was the only one bigger. He has manipulated people and organizations his whole career thinking of nothing but himself.

Coach K would have no problem throwing Nike under the bus, especially if he thought it might deflect suspicion from him. He won't be around that much longer to benefit from Nike and though the NCAA would never investigate anything at Duke, an investigation does not hurt the FBI's bottom line. Zion might be guilty of seeking payment a little early, but Coach K is likely guilty of much more.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic