Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is not a good look.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 765

This is not a good look.

May 6, 2019, 6:11 PM

It's youtube so relax and enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3f9qs9H5vY

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is not a good look.

May 6, 2019, 6:15 PM

"Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war.
With the cross of Jesus going on before.
Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe;
Forward into battle, see, His banners go!"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Almost exactly totally different.***

May 6, 2019, 6:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'Kay***

May 6, 2019, 6:45 PM

Re: 'Kay***

May 6, 2019, 6:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take heart in knowing that many Christians are...

May 6, 2019, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: This is not a good look. ]

as ignorant as you as to what our battle is about and what theater it's waged. Our battle is a spiritual war. We war against ourselves. The call for Satan to flee is a reflection of the verse, 'Resist the devil and he will flee from you.' The entire verse is James Chpt 4:7. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.'

That is our war, it is not waged against other men but against our inner man who strives contrary to God. Oh how little we understand the truth.

Did you ever wonder why the Godhead is a trinity? I did, I meekly sought an answer of God. Not that He owed me an answer or that I even merited a response. This is one of the reasons the Godhead is a trinity and it is sufficient to give me rest about a question which to my leaning has not previously been asked, much less has anyone given an answer. Imo, we all too often settle for faith and confidence that we can't know much about the complexities and depth of God.

God the Father sits on The Throne of Power and Glory and rules His eternal kingdom. God the Son sits at His right hand and awaits The Father putting everything in submission to God the Son. I simply asked where is the throne of the Holy Spirit. Of course it's in the hearts of man. That's our battle, the war we wage and the carnage is always our pride, our selfishness, self centeredness which causes us to lust for flesh, things that glitter and the esteem of man. The Bible calls it pride of life, lust of the flesh and lust of the eyes.

You've waged that war and lost by overcoming God in your heart. I have victories but I continue to fight against them. Perhaps you could pray that I'll submit to God and have total victory in Jesus. I know you remember that one too.

That is what this old gospel song is about. Read it again, one more time, please.

Onward Christian soldiers!
Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus
Going on before.
Christ, the royal Master,
Leads against the foe;
Forward into battle,
See, His banners go!
Onward, Christian soldiers!
Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus,
Going on before.

At the name of Jesus
Satan’s host doth flee;
On then, Christian soldiers,
On to victory!
Hell’s foundations quiver
At the shout of praise:
Brothers, lift your voices,
Loud your anthems raise!

Like a mighty army
Moves the Church of God:
Brothers, we are treading
Where the saints have trod;
We are not divided,
All one Body we—
One in faith and Spirit,
One eternally.

Crowns and thrones may perish,
Kingdoms rise and wane;
But the Church of Jesus
Constant will remain.
Gates of hell can never
’Gainst the Church prevail;
We have Christ’s own promise,
Which can never fail.

Onward, then, ye people!
Join our happy throng;
Blend with ours your voices
In the triumph song.
Glory, laud and honor
Unto Christ, the King;
This through countless ages
Men and angels sing.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tl;dr

May 6, 2019, 10:24 PM

Don't have time for your preachy bs that you consistently contradict with your posts on P&R.

Yeah that's dangerous IMO. Definitely need to investigate

May 8, 2019, 10:39 AM

that family for terrorist-type extremism.

You can defend Palestine and complain about Israel without quite obviously sounding like a terrorist.

American Muslims work hard to prove they are not head choppers, and then this ####### group of losers literally talks about chopping people's heads off.

You can bet there will be an internal firestorm of all sorts of American Muslim organizations coming down hard on them. If not, then we got a problem.

There is absolutely no place in this country for those types of nutjob views.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah that's dangerous IMO. Definitely need to investigate

May 8, 2019, 11:12 AM

They may come down on them, but their scriptures do teach this and Muhammad was a murdering pedophile himself.

This is why all religion seems to be complete ########. Most Muslims do not follow Muhammad, and most Christians do not truly follow Jesus.

+1 on your assessment of Islam's prophet and Christians...

May 8, 2019, 11:21 AM

not following Christ. No comment on the slander of all religions unless you consider atheism a religion.

Sigh... no he wasn't a murdering pedophile.

May 8, 2019, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah that's dangerous IMO. Definitely need to investigate ]

That's just ignorance.

Arranged marriages to young people were commonplace back then. There is no indication that he was actually having sex with children.

And he was in a war... lots of killing in wars.

Not a Muslim, and I agree its silly, but the perception you just shared is an emotional fiction.

Re: Sigh... no he wasn't a murdering pedophile.

May 8, 2019, 1:59 PM

I have absolutely no reason to be emotional about this subject. I am well read on the historical evidence on the life of Muhammad. There are hadiths that suggest he was married to a 6 year old and consummated the marriage when she was 9.

Of course some Muslims will say these hadiths are not authentic, just like Christians like to pick and choose which verses to take literally.

They do not know for sure how old she was.

May 8, 2019, 4:09 PM

The definition of adulthood in much of the word around that time was once you hit puberty. Marriage, according to the Koran is only legitimate among consenting adults. There are sources that claim Aisha was anywhere between 9 and 19. We simply don't know how old she was, nor do we know how accurate those hadiths were.

But the bottom line is, though we find it gross today, marrying 12 year old girls was normal back then in the Christian world and in the bedouin world. If anything, Islam gave the woman far more rights than they had before Islam. Especially when it came to marriage.

Re: They do not know for sure how old she was.

May 9, 2019, 7:55 AM

All you have to do is look at Sharia law to see how big a POS Muhammad was....

A woman has to have four witnesses to prove she was raped or else she's guilty of adultery and is sentenced to death.

A male who rapes a woman can have his conviction dismissed by marrying her.

A woman can have one husband, a man can have four, but good old Muhammad can have more.....

Man he sounds like a great guy.

You are cherry picking. The history of the whole world

May 9, 2019, 1:51 PM

is full of letting people get away with rape and having sex with young girls.

Early American colonies defined rape at the common-law as “carnal knowledge of a woman 10 year or older, forcibly and against her will.” In the late 1800s, temperance and suffrage activists successfully advocated to raise the legal age of consent from 10 to between 14 and 18, depending on the state. Not everyone, however, was excited about this progress. In 1895, one Kentucky legislator wrote, “I regard the twelve-year-old girl as being capable of resisting the wiles of the seducer as any older woman.”

https://ualr.edu/socialchange/2018/04/15/reflection-history-sexual-assault-laws-united-states/

Marital Rape wasn't a crime in all 50 states until 1993.

And Sharia law is largely based on extra quranic sources. There are different versions of sharia law. They are backwards similar to laws in medieval Europe.

The Koran actually, believe it or now, improved the status of women from what it had been before. It looks backwards today, for sure, but so does the Bible.

It's sure liberating to women now.***

May 9, 2019, 8:01 AM [ in reply to They do not know for sure how old she was. ]

Well duh. Is the Bible? It's clearly also sexist.***

May 9, 2019, 1:52 PM

You ever read Eph chpt 5?

May 10, 2019, 1:04 PM

25 "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;..."

Notice there it says 'loved,' and not loves. Christ 'loved,' His bride so that He gave his life and suffered a horrible death for Her. Saying 'loved,' and not 'loves,' isn't accidental. If anyone thinks the type dedication a man is supposed to show for his wife is easy or oppressive I have no words for them.

Obviously, all reasonable folks disagrees with your statement.

Re: Well duh. Is the Bible? It's clearly also sexist.***

May 10, 2019, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Well duh. Is the Bible? It's clearly also sexist.*** ]

The Bible is much better to women and is thousands of years earlier in the Old Testament than the Koran.

So was slavery but you get attacked here for...

May 8, 2019, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Sigh... no he wasn't a murdering pedophile. ]

bringing that up.

Re: This is not a good look.

May 9, 2019, 8:16 AM

That is so awful. So odd that as Americans they are so consumed with areas where they don't even live. Either way, that is so terrible those kids are getting brainwashed.

You're defense is that they are somewhere that you don't ...

May 10, 2019, 1:06 PM

live so it's none of your business?

Replies: 21
| visibility 765
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic