Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
say what? cuse knock out our qb..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

say what? cuse knock out our qb..

Sep 30, 2018, 9:39 AM

Two years in a row!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3 years in a row.

Sep 30, 2018, 9:39 AM

DW4 hurt his shoulder in '16

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: say what? cuse knock out our qb..

Sep 30, 2018, 9:40 AM

Dirty team, period!

This is nonsense. That hit was clean. We don’t need to be

Sep 30, 2018, 9:43 AM

the fan base that thinks every time one of our guys gets injured the opposing team is doing it intentionally.

null

Re: This is nonsense. That hit was clean. We don’t need to be

Sep 30, 2018, 9:45 AM

You see it your way, I see it mine. It was a blatant head shot, period. In my opinion.

Oh yeah!?! Well...

Sep 30, 2018, 9:48 AM

yeah.

null

Sep 30, 2018, 9:48 AM [ in reply to This is nonsense. That hit was clean. We don’t need to be ]

It was not a clean hit. I am not sure it was intentional, but shoulder to the head can be called targeting. That hit should have been called. I am not really sure Cuse is intentionally dirty, they are just extremely intense and definitely "play to the whistle."

Possibly. Honestly the Targeting rule confounds me, and I

Sep 30, 2018, 9:53 AM

think many others as indicated by the debates on here.

I think people watch slow motion for six angles and think it was intentional. In real time you can see how split second movements are made when a six foot six guy is falling forward toward you.

I won’t argue whether or not it was targeting but there is nothing about that hit that looked intentionally dirty.

null

Re: Possibly. Honestly the Targeting rule confounds me, and I

Sep 30, 2018, 9:58 AM

I agree. The thing is, targeting does not have to be intentional. Different crews call it different ways. I think half the crews would have called it and half would not have. The rule is screwey.

Sep 30, 2018, 10:19 AM [ in reply to This is nonsense. That hit was clean. We don’t need to be ]

Hey there!

So, I have some first hand accounts of this.

From my experience in Tiger Band, and other sideline access granted to me as an alum, I have had the opportunity to wintess the Syracuse bench every year we have played them, except this year.

Every. Single. Year. I have personally heard and seen Syracuse coaches instruct their players to target, injure, and take Clemson QBs out of the game.

I will type that again.

I have personally seen Syracuse coaches tell their players to "get dirty" in 2013, fake injuries in 2014, injure Deshaun's arm in 2015, injure Deshaun's shoulder in 2016, and injure Kelly Bryants leg in 2017. I have personally heard and watched Syracuse coaches, including Schafer and Babers, tell their players to try and injure Clemson players with the goal of taking them out of the game.

The hit on Trevor was intentional.
The ripping off Etienne's helmet was intentional.
The hits to Renfrow were intentional.

You can TD if you want. I have personally seen their coaches instruct their players to do this.

Sep 30, 2018, 11:15 AM

If true, this is conspiracy to commit assault & battery and a worthy of a RICO investigation. If they are doing that you can be assured they are involved in gambling and game fixing as well. You should report what you have heard to law enforcement.

Sep 30, 2018, 11:49 AM

Ive reported it every year Ive witnessed it. So far, nothing.

Sep 30, 2018, 12:22 PM

You’re a scandalous, lying, dishonest, disgusting POS for even suggesting what you’re saying in that post!
I love in Charlotte, am a Cuse alum, and have always liked Clemson, especially under Dabo. I think he’s a class act and if any Cuse a-hole popped off w/ the kind of bs conspiracy theory, I’d rightfully defend him...and it’s good to see some rational fans here have done the same for Dino.
Again, what the OP has posted is flat out, fake news slander. Dino has expressed nothing but admiration for Clemson and how Dabo and your program has done things the right way. SU is trying to get back past glory and do as you have done, be national contenders every season. If Dabo didn’t respect the Cuse, he wouldn’t gush about Dino, Dungey, etc. At the very least he’d say nothing.
It’s people like the OP who sully the many good and classy fans, who rep Clemson football.
Kindly take your nonsensical garbage about Cuse football, and shove it where the sun don’t shine. Then again there’s probably no room left in there with your head occupying most of the space. Idiot.

Sep 30, 2018, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: This is nonsense. That hit was clean. We don’t need to be ]

I heard you can see from where the band sits that they've got cockfighting going on back behind the bench, as well. The only reason they finally brought that to a stop is that Lindsay Graham kept showing up and trying to enter himself into the competition.

Sep 30, 2018, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: This is nonsense. That hit was clean. We don’t need to be ]

Sadly this is football for some teams. I have no first hand knowledge but won’t doubt you as you do. There is a difference of exploiting a weakness (like KB’s ankle last year) and deliberately instructing a hit job. Assuming that’s true I lost a lot of respect for Dino Barbers as he seems to be a good coach and good person. He typically says a lot of nice things about Dabo and Clemson.

Sep 30, 2018, 11:24 AM

Ever since the New Orleans injury bounty scandal I no longer believe in coincidences on the football field. The stakes are just too high in sports these days, it attracts an unscrupulous element.

Classy Dino's teams go after players with dirty hits***

Sep 30, 2018, 9:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Classy Dino's teams go after players with dirty hits***

Sep 30, 2018, 9:42 AM

just stop, that was a clean hit. Lawrence was the one that foolishly lowered his head at the last second.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As much as I hate to admit it...

Sep 30, 2018, 9:45 AM

I agree with you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: As much as I hate to admit it...

Sep 30, 2018, 9:49 AM

The only real dirty hit I saw was the blatant block in the back again Terrell on punt they called fair catch on right in front of ref

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can they call a block in the back on a fair catch?***

Sep 30, 2018, 9:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: can they call a block in the back on a fair catch?***

Sep 30, 2018, 9:53 AM

Yes. The play is live until whistled dead.

Re: As much as I hate to admit it...

Sep 30, 2018, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: As much as I hate to admit it... ]

The only real dirty hit I saw was the blatant block in the back again Terrell on punt they called fair catch on right in front of ref

Saw two of those and neither were called.

Sep 30, 2018, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Classy Dino's teams go after players with dirty hits*** ]

But, lowering the head does not negate targeting in this p.c. wimpy world of refereeing.

right

Sep 30, 2018, 9:56 AM

player safety rules are because of some perceived political correctness on your part.

Re: right

Sep 30, 2018, 10:01 AM

Yep. I blame all the world's problems on politics. Now, we just need to figure out which party to pin it on.

you brought politics into this, not me

Sep 30, 2018, 10:07 AM

and how a grown man can get upset with rules intended to keep these kids safe is a head scratcher. if your prefer to blame this on Political correctness and not 30 years of studying traumatic brain injuries in football, feel free.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/09/30/tennessee-states-christion-abercrombie-in-critical-condition-after-emergency-surgery-for-head-injury.html

Re: right

Sep 30, 2018, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: right ]

Not the party the people in office that vote for stupid ####

Sep 30, 2018, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Classy Dino's teams go after players with dirty hits*** ]

He's young he will know next time to just run out of bounds .

Sep 30, 2018, 10:08 AM

Or throw the ball away

Sep 30, 2018, 10:11 AM

it was 3rd down, he was going for the sticks.

Sep 30, 2018, 10:17 AM

He was 15 yards away from the sticks, he has to know that and know when to give up on a play. Tua did the same thing in ot last year in the national championship game, taking a sack and really putting them in a hole. A freshman mistake, just like TLs. It happens to the best of them.

Sep 30, 2018, 10:44 AM

agreed

Sep 30, 2018, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Classy Dino's teams go after players with dirty hits*** ]

Agree. It was a bad freshman mistake on Trevor’s part to even take that hit in the first place. The play was dead. There was no chance he was going to pick up the first down. He has to know the get out of bounds or throw that ball away. He did the worst possible thing there and took a big hit. Freshman mistake. Luckily, he will learn from it and not do it again.

Sep 30, 2018, 10:31 AM

Agree. Another teaching moment, unfortunately with tough consequences this time. The harshest lessons are the best learned lessons.

Sep 30, 2018, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Classy Dino's teams go after players with dirty hits*** ]

It was not a clean hit.

I don’t know how you define “clean”, but it appeared to be

Sep 30, 2018, 10:42 AM

legal. I didn’t think the hit was necessary, and my first thought was the hit had to have been illegal, but unfortunately, by the rule, it looked like the correct no call.

“No player shall target and make forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent (See Note 2 below) with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul (Rules 2-27-14 and 9-6). (A.R. 9-1-4-I-VI)

Note 1: "Targeting" means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. Some indicators of targeting include but are not limited to:

Launch—a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area
A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground
Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area
Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet

Note 2: Defenseless player (Rule 2-27-14):

A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass.
A receiver attempting to catch a forward pass or in position to receive a backward pass, or one who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier.
A kicker in the act of or just after kicking a ball, or during the kick or the return.
A kick returner attempting to catch or recover a kick, or one who has completed a catch or recovery and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier.
A player on the ground.
A player obviously out of the play.
A player who receives a blind-side block.
A ball carrier already in the grasp of an opponent and whose forward progress has been stopped.
A quarterback any time after a change of possession.
A ball carrier who has obviously given himself up and is sliding feet-first“

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Just asking but why was it not

Sep 30, 2018, 10:54 AM

OK I grabbed my coffee and found a replay

Sep 30, 2018, 11:04 AM

Looks like you have to meet two criteria to be flagged...

Sep 30, 2018, 11:07 AM

1) Target
2) Defenseless player

No player shall target and make forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent (See Note 2 below) with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul (Rules 2-27-14 and 9-6). (A.R. 9-1-4-I-VI)

He met 1, but not 2.

Yeah you’re right

Sep 30, 2018, 11:20 AM

I’m like you, thought for sure it should have been called.

Sep 30, 2018, 11:24 AM

I was surprised when I read the rule.

Re: OK I grabbed my coffee and found a replay

Sep 30, 2018, 12:17 PM [ in reply to OK I grabbed my coffee and found a replay ]

Look at the black coaches reaction after the hit on TL. THAT Tells you all you need to know!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No...

Sep 30, 2018, 12:49 PM

Looking at the rules tells you all you need to know.

Sep 30, 2018, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Classy Dino's teams go after players with dirty hits*** ]

Yea because you can fool

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Classy Dino's teams go after players with dirty hits*** ]

Yeah because you are foolishly lowering your head when you're falling to the ground. Get outta here.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eric Dungey was knocked out in the first quarter...

Sep 30, 2018, 11:11 AM

...a hard hit by linebacker Dorian O'Daniel...2016 game in DV.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic