Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It is surprising that not many people on here know about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

It is surprising that not many people on here know about

Oct 13, 2020, 1:21 PM

Health care.

I am no expert by any mean but my wife is because she is the health care adm. for the company she works for @ present.
Obama Care is a flop. I think they knew that going in but did not care.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is surprising that not many people on here know about

Oct 13, 2020, 1:23 PM

Your wife pairs nicely with your son, the biochemist,

Oct 13, 2020, 1:32 PM

and the rest of your family with convenient occupations applicable to whatever subject might be at hand, thus providing credibility to your opinion in a totally unsuspicious non-Russian-troll fashion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's funny you say that. My wife is a forensic

Oct 13, 2020, 1:34 PM

online fake account troll sports board investigator, and she agrees with you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your story lacks credibility

Oct 13, 2020, 1:41 PM

without wife pics.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll tmail you some***

Oct 13, 2020, 1:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was joking.

Oct 13, 2020, 1:53 PM

I already have them since Obed and I are the same person.

My uncle is a renowned schizophrenia researcher.

Oct 13, 2020, 2:03 PM

Your story checks out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't believe he gave away the Miura scok thing today.

Oct 13, 2020, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Your wife pairs nicely with your son, the biochemist, ]

Putin is very unhappy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: Can't believe he gave away the Miura scok thing today.

Oct 13, 2020, 2:12 PM

Why not, we Russian have to stick together right comrade ?

Oct 13, 2020, 1:36 PM

I take that back it is surprising how little you knuckleheads know about anything.

Oct 13, 2020, 2:04 PM

I mean, I now you're kind of a bot, but this is funny given you made a similar post yesterday that showed you didn't know much about healthcare.

You claimed you knew what most people did in the ER and you claimed Obamacare gave health insurance to illegal immigrants.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Oct 13, 2020, 2:10 PM

That is true my daughter (she is a dem.)worked in a ER for several years after Obama care. A lot of people would go to the ER for prenatal care even and everything in between. If you can prove that wrong go ahead.

Oh, I'm quite certain...

Oct 13, 2020, 2:20 PM

I can't prove your daughter wrong about the experience she describes in the ER where she worked.

What I can do is state that one ER in America doesn't serve as a model for the entire nation nor does it qualify as a scientific study that proves your claim.

It's anecdotal evidence. That's it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: Oh, I'm quite certain...

Oct 13, 2020, 2:27 PM

Also robots don't have daughters and even if they did, we don't allow robots to work in the ER.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Oct 13, 2020, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Oh, I'm quite certain... ]

Oct 13, 2020, 2:59 PM

I'm not. I'm pointing out how ole OC doesn't know how to provide legitimate quantitative data to make his argument.

Oct 13, 2020, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: It is surprising that not many people on here know about ]

Well are you on Obama care?

Oct 13, 2020, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: It is surprising that not many people on here know about ]

crickets?

Okay. Okay.

Oct 13, 2020, 2:21 PM

Let's pump the brakes on nutty old guy who is just learning how to use a message board. Maybe don't hit the refresh button 50 times hoping for an instant reply.

And no, I'm not on Obamacare.

Re: Okay. Okay.

Oct 13, 2020, 2:24 PM

I have been working on using and working on computers longer than you have been alive but you are correct not many people my age are computer savvy. That is what keeps the work going.

Oct 13, 2020, 2:27 PM

Let me guess. Your other daughter is a Silicon Valley mogul.

Oct 13, 2020, 2:29 PM

She is in medical school. She was a nurse but now in medical school.
One of my sons is a computer engineer.

Oct 13, 2020, 2:37 PM

I had just had to thumb you up for that one.

Anyway, as Cata was saying, please continue.

Oct 13, 2020, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Okay. Okay. ]

The first computer I worked on was a IBM 8087.

This is exciting. Tell me more.***

Oct 13, 2020, 2:34 PM

Re: This is exciting. Tell me more.***

Oct 13, 2020, 2:44 PM

Sure it had a 3.5 and 5 inch floppy drive no hard drive the operating system was DOS on one of the disks. It was simple but the foundation of all PC today. Apple had a commodore 64 @ the time. My senior project was to put together the 8087 get it to run then write an assembly program then connect it to a conveyor that had 2 prox switch on each end and a flag for the prox switches make the conveyor go forward and back. It was a big deal @ the time.

Oct 13, 2020, 2:45 PM

Dad?

Oct 13, 2020, 2:46 PM

Yep its me.

Oct 13, 2020, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: This is exciting. Tell me more.*** ]

Apple did not make the Commodore 64....

Oct 13, 2020, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: This is exciting. Tell me more.*** ]

Commodore made the Commodore 64.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2020, 2:49 PM [ in reply to This is exciting. Tell me more.*** ]

Anything else you want to know about the 8087?

Oct 13, 2020, 3:02 PM

I forgot I had to use a break out board for the I/O.

The Affordable Care Act ***

Oct 13, 2020, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: It is surprising that not many people on here know about ]

is not. My wife and I are paying significantly more for health insurance despite high deductibles. Due to significant rises in premiums there are many people who previously had health insurance who no longer do. There is no easy fix, but allowing for competition between doctors, hospitals and cross state insurance plans would help along with maintaining a safety net for those who simply can't afford basic health care. Another answer would be complete government control--single payer which would lead to least common denominator medicine, rationing and loss of incentives for drug and medical product innovations. My opinion is that applying market forces to medicine which essentially don't exist and haven't for years is the best way to reduce costs. Sweden has socialized medicine, but even there, 5% of the population has chosen to purchase private insurance to supplement the care they otherwise might not receive. Also in Sweden, everyone pays a significant tax burden including the poor. Everyone pays a hefty Value Added Tax of around 25%. Sweden is pretty much a homogenous society. We are not. If we are to proceed with more government intervention, the expectation should not be that the burden for paying for things should rest with the few. Everyone who benefits should have some skin in the game. Just my opinion. I have more faith in promoting significant competition in health care through market forces rather than more government intervention. The VA health care system is the largest health care system in the country. It is run abysmally.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Affordable Care Act ***

Oct 13, 2020, 2:45 PM

Ya I know, this guys must know that or have their head in the sand.

Re: The Affordable Care Act ***

Oct 13, 2020, 3:00 PM [ in reply to The Affordable Care Act *** ]

this sounds like truth over facts - Joe

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you just "crickets" after 2 minutes? LOL***

Oct 13, 2020, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: It is surprising that not many people on here know about ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you just "crickets" after 2 minutes? LOL***

Oct 13, 2020, 3:09 PM

Clearly I'm getting slow in my years. Couldn't get a reply out in two minutes.

Oct 13, 2020, 3:11 PM

prostate supplement can help

Oct 13, 2020, 3:41 PM

That is not funny for us old guys.

Q logic

Oct 13, 2020, 3:08 PM

Democrats pass Obamacare without one R vote
Obamacare sucks
Republicans are to blame

Re: Q logic

Oct 13, 2020, 3:13 PM

It has been a disaster from the start. The website did not work. They paid a ton of money to some unknow vendor to do the website. I guess it was someone's family member. When they did get it to finally work after 100s of thousands of more dollars. It did not interface with every state and its been down hill from there.

Re: Q logic

Oct 14, 2020, 7:07 AM

And now the states that need "affordable care" the most, and can't afford it, are suffering because 35% of the program funding goes to 3 states - California (Pelosi), NY (Schummer) and MA (Pocahontas). Where is the equity?

I can't imagine the Democrats doing something like that!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic