Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So did Clemson ever appeal the Dexter Lawrence suspension
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,349

So did Clemson ever appeal the Dexter Lawrence suspension

Jan 4, 2019, 1:23 PM

or did they not?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So did Clemson ever appeal the Dexter Lawrence suspension

Jan 4, 2019, 1:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You obviously haven't been reading. Yes, it was appealed...

Jan 4, 2019, 1:33 PM

but the NCAA said that Clemson has to show proof that the players did not intentionally or knowingly take the banned substance. And this can't be done evidently before Monday so they won't be able to play against Alabama.

And if they can't show this, these players won't be allowed to play until after one year from the time of the initial bad test a couple of weeks ago.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You obviously haven't been reading. Yes, it was appealed...

Jan 4, 2019, 1:38 PM

So then we didnt file an appeal. We filed a notice of appeal according to what I saw. We then failed to complete the appeal process by providing evidence. So we half a-ed it so it looks like we did something. Very disappointing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To follow up what the NCAA asked for is like

Jan 4, 2019, 1:45 PM

digging up Mount Everest with a spoon.

Jan 4, 2019, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: You obviously haven't been reading. Yes, it was appealed... ]

Why would we file the appeal before we had proof? We have to have a case worth defending before we file.

Jan 4, 2019, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: You obviously haven't been reading. Yes, it was appealed... ]

yes, i'm sure that's it. I'm sure Clemson had evidence that these three guys didn't knowingly take a performance enhancing drug and just said, "screw it. Not wasting our time." Or maybe, just maybe, Dexter fessed up to the fact that the three of them were taking something not approved by the training staff, and rather than have him have to face the music publicly, the coaching staff just let the whole thing die.

A friend of mine who would know (seriously) said

Jan 4, 2019, 1:44 PM

nobody has a clue where it came from.

And...that's not a good thing. Clemson has to prove the source.

I find it shocking that we don't know, but that's what he claims

This is exactly the kind of thing that will end on field exp

Jan 4, 2019, 2:27 PM

experience for fans after the game. Anyone could have a topical ointment in their hand and shake a hand or pat a player on the arm .... and who would know?

Player busted.

Message was edited by: HuntClub®

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: This is exactly the kind of thing that will end on field exp

Jan 4, 2019, 2:30 PM

D am where did you dream up that horse s hit

Pretty much a big fat NO to your question

Jan 4, 2019, 1:47 PM

Don't want to say we lack stones but we lack stones

However, curious I am why the other 2 have had 0.00 to say on the matter. Maybe that is the other shoe to drop we know not of

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pretty much a big fat NO to your question

Jan 4, 2019, 2:01 PM

I know we have to be careful with Braden because if he pee pees positive again, then he's pretty much dunzo.

Re: So did Clemson ever appeal the Dexter Lawrence suspension

Jan 4, 2019, 2:10 PM

They are not giving details as to what has been done, but only an idiot would assume our AD hasn't turned over every possible stone to find the source of the ostarine.

Obviously they haven't found it, so there is no case to be made for reinstatement yet. If these guys are telling the truth and didn't take an illicit supplement, then its going to be a huge task to track down all potential sources of the ostarine.

I would assume if we had found any reasonable explanation for source and unintentional consumption (or absorption?) the case would have been made, at least for Dexter. They probably need to be more cautious with Galloway and Geilla, because while the stakes are high for Dexter, its only one game in his case. For Galloway and Geilla its a whole year of eligibility.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,349
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic