Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is embarrassing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 68
| visibility 1

This is embarrassing

Apr 21, 2018, 9:17 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2771826-ucf-unveils-championship-banner-rings-to-celebrate-2017-undefeated-season

?? Got a good laugh from the comments.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is it embarrassing?

Apr 21, 2018, 9:25 PM

They are trying to prove a point and make an 8 team playoff w the highest ranked non power 5 involved. Pretty good strategy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How is it embarrassing?

Apr 21, 2018, 9:27 PM

Eight teams is a waste of time as they would get blown the F out like tOSU

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2018, 10:06 PM

Like Auburn did to them?

Apr 22, 2018, 6:45 AM

Like Auburn did to them?

Auburn list four games last year. They were a goid team but not a olayoff team. You also cannot believe that beating UA in a consolation bowl is the sane as winning a playoff game

Apr 22, 2018, 7:39 AM

Auburn also played 3 teams that were in the playoff and went 2-2 against them. I didn't say anything about it being like a playoff game. You are assuming they would get killed by a playoff team but Auburn was just as good as the teams in the playoffs.

Apr 22, 2018, 9:16 AM

That Peach Bowl meant a lot more to UCF than it did to Auburn. Football is a game in which momentum and effort trumps pure talent. I know I'm tired of hearing the (SEC) team didn't want to be there crap too, but it is real. It doesn't help the perception of the team that didn't show up at all. If anything it makes them look like a bunch of sissy crybaby wussy butts. UCF was a good team but to make the playoffs as a Group of 5 you have to beat someone other than Maryland in the regular season.

As far as stretching the playoffs to 8 teams. I think you would get some watered down games like in the NFL with teams that already know they are locked into the playoffs. Although, this would make it fun beating the coots with our second stringers

Apr 22, 2018, 10:56 AM

I don't want 8 teams. I like 4. I just understand why they claimed it. Not even saying they should.

Apr 22, 2018, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: How is it embarrassing? ]

Auburn Beat Georgia like a drum. They beat Bama. They lost the rematch with UGA due to injuries, injuries, and more injuries. They were healthy when played UCF.

Excuse me, but somebody "axed" you a question

Apr 21, 2018, 10:53 PM [ in reply to How is it embarrassing? ]

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Apr 22, 2018, 7:00 AM [ in reply to How is it embarrassing? ]

I doubt this is part of some noble effort to get the playoffs expanded. It's a bunch of self-congratulatory nonsense. They'll never be in this position again and they are trying to make the most of it. They know the pretend title they're pumping is as close as they're going to get. They've gone from making a statement about being in the playoff to completely embarrassing themselves. Look at the schedules and records of the 4 playoff teams; Bama, UGA, Clemson, Oklahoma. How can anyone seriously suggest UCF should have been in over any one of them?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2018, 7:31 AM

1. It's no more embarrassing than several of Alabama's claimed titles.
2. I disagree about the schedules/records. Alabama's best wins are comparable to UCFs. If the records were reversed, do you honestly believe UCF would have gotten in? Bama made it on name recognition and reputation, not on resume.

Apr 22, 2018, 7:41 AM

UCF's best regular season win was over #22 S. Florida, and they hung 42 on UCF. Bama beat #3 FSU (granted FSU wasn't great but they are a more talented team than most everyone else on UCF's record), #19 LSU, and #18 Mississippi St. UCF's schedule doesn't touch that. The committee is about getting the 4 best teams in. Once in, Bama beat #1 Clemson and #3 Georgia. UCF had a good year but I just don't agree they were better than Alabama.

While I don’t agree w UCF as national champs

I will say there claim is much better than many of the 16 championships Bama claims and similar ones other SEC schools.

Pathetic. Typical of our snowflake society. Participation

trophies for all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pathetic. Letting a few power brokers determine who should get a shot.***

Apr 22, 2018, 12:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank goodness you have to have a pulse to get a shot.

Apr 22, 2018, 4:01 PM

Don’t need liberal snowflakes determining the participants!

the only way to loose should be if someone beats you

Apr 21, 2018, 9:48 PM

Nobody did. Champions they are.

In college football this is simply a false statement.

Apr 22, 2018, 12:08 AM

You can say the system is flawed but it is still the system. If they are calling themselves National Champions they are just wrong.

null

Re: the only way to loose should be if someone beats you

Apr 22, 2018, 6:52 AM [ in reply to the only way to loose should be if someone beats you ]

Yes they are champions. Of the Peach Bowl. And the AAC. But national champions they are not.

they were better than Clemson***

Apr 21, 2018, 9:53 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Fixed it for you.... they were better than Citadel******

Apr 22, 2018, 8:04 AM

I purchased a UCF national championship coffee mug...

Apr 21, 2018, 10:03 PM

put it on the shelf of a bama co-worker.

Everyone in the office have seen it except him

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't a team in South Carolina get 5th place rings?***

Apr 21, 2018, 10:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is embarrassing

Apr 21, 2018, 10:08 PM

I understand it from their view. They won all their games. In any other sport they would have had the chance to play for the natty.

Apr 22, 2018, 4:55 PM

I'll tell you what is embarrassing....Giving Brigham Young the trophy(unbeaten) and to get said trophy bear a 6-5 Michigan State team in a bowl game. Can't remember the details, but i figured that the ghost of B.Y.must have appeared in the AP voters room and threatened Eternal Damnation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2018, 10:54 PM

That’s torn right out of the gamecock manual.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

How?

Apr 21, 2018, 11:01 PM

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: How?

Apr 21, 2018, 11:09 PM

Banner and rings say "2017 National Champions".

Champions of what exactly?

Recognized by who?

Re: How?

Apr 22, 2018, 7:41 AM

By UCF ofcourse.

I’m so disappointed that they have taken an amazing accomplishment and

Apr 22, 2018, 12:23 AM

turned it into something to mock.

Going undefeated is amazing. They should get all sorts of praise and hold their heads up high. But instead they claim something they did not get and act like children about it. It is no secret that if you play in an extremely weak conference you have to bolster your resume with strong OOC games. They choose not to do that.

For goodness sake they didn’t even play 12 regular season games and their conference championship, which they needed overtime to win, was at home. Their SOS was in the mid-50s even after the Auburn win and mid/60s before that game. No playoff team had a SOS below 7.

null

Re: I’m so disappointed that they have taken an amazing accomplishment and

Apr 22, 2018, 12:44 AM

They had a great year, but Natl Champs they aint. very cootish of them to claim something that isnt a reality.

Apr 22, 2018, 5:20 AM

My opinion is that UCF had more claim to a championship than Alabama. At least they played their way in (hypothetically) and weren't chosen because of their history, other teams winning/losing, etc. Alabama should not be in the playoff last year any more than Ohio State was the prior year.

Apr 22, 2018, 6:39 AM

Wow. I was really beginning to think I was the only person that really got that. Glad to see there’s others that live in reality????

Apr 22, 2018, 7:07 AM [ in reply to Re: This is embarrassing ]

You seriously think UCF was better than Bama? That's the goal of the committee - to put in the four best teams. As for your OSU example, they got in and were blown out by Clemson. Bama got in then beat the #1 and #3 team in the country.

Apr 22, 2018, 7:42 AM

Exactly. The committee puts the best teams in not the most deserving.

Apr 22, 2018, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Re: This is embarrassing ]

I’m not saying they were better, just more deserving of a shot. Best team or not, a playoff spot should be earned on the field....which Alabama clearly didn’t

Alabama deserved to be there and they were the best team....

Apr 22, 2018, 8:08 AM

in the country. It worked out as it should have.

Re: Alabama deserved to be there and they were the best team....

Apr 22, 2018, 8:15 AM

Meh. With only 4 spots, the on field performance in the regular season has got to mean something. Your way of thinking is what gave us the BCS & now makes this flawed playoff run. Open your eyes man. You do realize UCF beat the team Alabama lost to right?

Apr 22, 2018, 8:34 AM

Look at UCF's schedule then look at Bama's. Look at who each team played, week after week. Look at who they beat and the rankings of those teams. Then look at what Bama did in the playoff. If you can do that and still conclude that somehow UCF was a better team - not more deserving, that's not the goal of the playoff committee, they're looking to put in the 4 best - then there is nothing anyone can say to change your opinion.

Apr 22, 2018, 8:50 AM

I have looked at all that. Now you look at the results on the field in the regular season. You’ll see that Alabama didn’t win their division, play for their conference title or deserve to be in a field of 4 for a national championship. You’re supporting a flawed system that’s about human control in the placement of teams based on television ratings. Take off the SEC goggles and see it for the reality that it is.

Apr 22, 2018, 9:03 AM

"SEC goggles." And there it is. Your problem with Bama being in.

Apr 22, 2018, 9:06 AM

Nice try. You continue to side step the reality of the system being flawed. Judging from that response I can see I’m beginning to open your eyes.

Apr 22, 2018, 9:26 AM

Sure it's a flawed system - humans are making the decisions. But that doesn't mean UCF was one of the best 4 teams in the country. Your argument shouldn't be to attack the flawed system. It should be arguing that UCF was a better team than Alabama. The only argument for UCF is they won all their games. We'll disagree that that makes them better than Bama.

Apr 22, 2018, 12:13 PM

Again, I never said they were the best, just more deserving because of their on field results. You need to go back & read my previous post that states that. You’re trying to put words in my mouth to make your point.

But.... I do see that you’re really starting to get it since you do realize that it’s a flawed system & why. The name of the game should be PLAY YOUR WAY IN. That’s how it works in every other sport & in every other level of football. Alabama clearly did not play their way in & because of how they were placed in it gave them an advantage. Bottom line is they weren’t good enough to get through their season to the game that mattered most...their conference championship. The best teams can be beaten at any time, therefore PLACING who is decided to be the best team by people is asinine. Either way you try to side-step the reality of it is just you further backing yourself into a corner & really having no point to argue.

Apr 22, 2018, 12:18 PM

How does beating a conference full of schools for the deaf and blind make them more deserving? I could field a neighborhood team right now and go undefeated with UCF's 2017 schedule. On top of that, they didn't even play their full schedule LOL.

Apr 22, 2018, 12:33 PM

Wow. Changing your stance huh?

Alabama did the same thing, only thing is they lost to the one good team they played. So you tell me.

Apr 22, 2018, 12:50 PM

If you really think the AAC is comparable to playing in any P5 conference then I don't know what to tell you.

Apr 22, 2018, 1:02 PM

I didn’t say that bruh. You have no argument here. Adults are talking, so you need to just moved along.

Apr 22, 2018, 1:06 PM

"Again, I never said they were the best, just more deserving because of their on field results."

Apr 22, 2018, 1:11 PM

Nice. Now try actually reading. You show me where I said one was better than the other and we’ll discuss it. I do havto admit though little bugs like you are fun to squash. I’m boarding a plane in an hour so keep it coming while you can. I can’t wait to laugh at your next attempt

Apr 22, 2018, 1:27 PM

It was insinuated in your quote. How was UCF more deserving on the field? You tell me, because if you're basing it on their schedule then LOL.

Apr 22, 2018, 2:01 PM

Oh I insinuated. Gotcha. You need to bring it stronger than that. Enjoy your sandbox the rest of the day man. Seems to be more on par with your level.

Apr 22, 2018, 2:16 PM

There's nothing else to bring. You're the one who said UCF is more deserving based on what they did on the field. You still haven't told me what exactly they have done. This is why I'm assuming you're talking about navigating through their pitiful schedule undefeated.

Apr 22, 2018, 2:34 PM

I'm giving up with him. He actually believes UCF, on the power of their garbage schedule, was more deserving to get in than Alabama. He's obviously prepared to ignore Bama's wins over more ranked teams and to make much out of Bama losing a road game to a red hot Auburn. To top that off, he's willing to ignore Bama's win over #1 Clemson and #3 Georgia. I suppose the next time S. Florida or Middle TN St go undefeated playing a bunch of high school teams, he'll be complaining they didn't get in over a 1 loss Clemson or Georgia or Penn St.

Apr 22, 2018, 3:22 PM

Good decision. You definitely need to give up since you can’t dislodge the point I made. You know it’s the truth but keep coming with this garbage. Bottom line we need a system that rewards on field achievement and we don’t have it. You show me otherwise & I’ll tip my hat to you, but you can’t do it.

Apr 22, 2018, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Alabama deserved to be there and they were the best team.... ]

Not really hard to figure out. They beat everyone in front of them and won their conference. Alabama had a cakewalk & couldn’t do that. My point is the system is crap the way it is. Alabama didn’t earn their way in. It’s really simple

Apr 22, 2018, 4:30 PM

hate to break it to you, but we lost to Pitt in 2016 and Syracuse in 2017. So we didn't deserve a playoff berth either?

Apr 23, 2018, 5:52 AM

We won the conference both years DA. You won’t get over on me with anything so you really should quit while you’re behind.

Apr 23, 2018, 10:48 AM

Let me educate you son. Winning your conference is not a prerequisite for the playoffs. It's only taken into consideration IF the teams in question are equal.

"We"....? Really? Give it up.***

Apr 23, 2018, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Alabama deserved to be there and they were the best team.... ]

One if bamas MNC is when they went 7-4 and lost their bowl

Apr 22, 2018, 6:54 AM

game

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One if bamas MNC is when they went 7-4 and lost their bowl

Apr 22, 2018, 4:28 PM

I hate to break it to you, but we lost to Pitt in 2016 and Syracuse in 2017. So we didn't deserve a playoff berth either?

Re: One if bamas MNC is when they went 7-4 and lost their bowl

Apr 22, 2018, 4:31 PM [ in reply to One if bamas MNC is when they went 7-4 and lost their bowl ]

^Sorry Neal, I replied to the wrong person.

Apr 22, 2018, 6:58 AM

All 1300 fans screaming their lungs out for the unveiling. For national champions, they sure do have a sorry fan base.

Congrats to them....

Apr 22, 2018, 8:03 AM

For their Self Congratulatory Championship. Gamecock much? Whatever makes you feel good.

Apr 22, 2018, 11:17 PM

Hate to say it, but I agree with Dawg on this one. Bama scheduled what they thought would be a tough slate. Did not turn out to be that way. Tough game against a rival away from home. I loath Bama! But they handed it to us.

UCF was a solid team but let’s be honest. They lose 2-3 games with any of the playoff teams schedules. If winning one impressive game out of a season made an national champion then I guess our Tigers can claim NC #3. After all our Tigers had quite a few big wins last year. Their big win was against a team that was also hyped up be a very weak conference. Then they pulled off an upset against Auburn.

LOL, participation trophy!***

Apr 23, 2018, 8:58 AM

It's not just UCF

Apr 23, 2018, 11:04 AM

A lot of the bigger schools (Bama, Michigan, etc.) claim multiple national titles because they may have finished #1 in just one of the many unofficial college football polls of that era. Tennessee may be the worst. They claim 6 national titles but only 2 are recognized by major polls. I believe of them came during a season in which they lost 2 games including their bowl game. How is that even possible?

Replies: 68
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic