Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson Depth chart released for Furman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 104
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson Depth chart released for Furman

Aug 27, 2018, 9:31 AM

Clemson Depth chart released for Furman

The Clemson depth chart has been released for the game against Furman. Some initial news on the depth chart includes: -- Kelly Bryant will be the starting quart Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And let the meltdown begin in 3...2...1****

Aug 27, 2018, 9:33 AM

null

Message was edited by: tiger_mania_89®

Re: And let the meltdown begin in 3...2...1****

Aug 27, 2018, 9:43 AM

REALLY BIG NEWS IS AMIR TRAPP STARTING FOR FURMAN

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2018, 9:59 AM

THANKS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2018, 11:17 AM [ in reply to And let the meltdown begin in 3...2...1**** ]

lol, exactly what I was thinking......smh

Why would there be a meltdown?

Aug 27, 2018, 11:20 AM

A couple of surprises but nothing big. Everyone on that depth chart and more will play in this game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why would there be a meltdown?

Aug 27, 2018, 11:29 AM

I was referencing the QB situation.

Oh I think the coaches made it clear that KB was starting

Aug 27, 2018, 11:32 AM

even though Dabo was waving the CB flag

Aug 27, 2018, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Why would there be a meltdown? ]

Which is why you aren't getting much reaction....Dabo clearly stated a week ago Kelly would be the starter and most people discussing the battle haven't been discussing game 1 anyways....let me know when he names the NC State and FSU starter, then you'll be more where most of us have been discussing. Old news.

Aug 27, 2018, 1:06 PM

True. My bad

Aug 27, 2018, 11:27 AM [ in reply to And let the meltdown begin in 3...2...1**** ]

There really shouldn't be any melt downs bc our coaches have worked these guys all camp, the same coaches that put together a NC team!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2018, 11:29 AM

I agree.

Who's going to meltdown over a foregone conclusion?***

Aug 27, 2018, 1:41 PM [ in reply to And let the meltdown begin in 3...2...1**** ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who's going to meltdown over a foregone conclusion?***

Aug 27, 2018, 3:46 PM

Thought you said foreign conclusion and was going to tell you to take it to the other board.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Choice ahead of Feaster

Aug 27, 2018, 9:35 AM

Didn't see that one coming.

Re: Choice ahead of Feaster

Aug 27, 2018, 9:37 AM

I'm happy for Adam - he's had a rough couple of years and has made the best of it - plus, he's a dang tough runner who can block and catch.

Aug 27, 2018, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Choice ahead of Feaster ]

Remember when Choice was ahead of Wayne Gallman, and his injury caused him to lose that position? It is a bit of a surprise though. Can you even imagine Feaster at the 3rd spot if you are an opposing D? That has to concern some DC's.

Aug 27, 2018, 11:04 AM

Most of our 3rd teamers would scare opposing teams. ;)

Get ready for the Wing-T attack this season!***

Aug 27, 2018, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Choice ahead of Feaster ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2018, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Choice ahead of Feaster ]

This doesn’t really surprise me. Feaster has been a disappointment. He plays 1/2-3/4 speed in traffic & shys from contact.

Aug 27, 2018, 10:05 AM

I have always thought the same. Feaster slows down before contact. Gallman would accelerate and try to damage people. Feaster is still a solid RB though. And wow if he is 3rd string! We have a whole stable of studs.

Aug 27, 2018, 4:52 PM

I think you two are making junk up. I’ve never seen feaster shy away at all

Aug 27, 2018, 5:01 PM

He may not shy away, but he doesn’t put it in high gear.

No one likes you***

Aug 31, 2018, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Choice ahead of Feaster ]

Aug 27, 2018, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Choice ahead of Feaster ]

Feaster gained weight last year - and it hurt him. I think he has a challenge ahead of him to be able to make plays at a lighter weight

Aug 27, 2018, 11:32 AM

I think that this is just a plan by coaches to make Feaster earn it in the games!!! I guess they feel that he has more than he is giving, and they want it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2018, 2:05 PM

I have Feaster’s back on this ... he had surgery or is recovering from injury. Stat-wise he’s a ypc ahead of AC.

Re: TNET: Clemson Depth chart released for Furman

Aug 27, 2018, 9:37 AM

No real surprises here. Here's to hoping all are worthy and play great.

Aug 27, 2018, 9:38 AM

Was thinking Feaster would be #2, but that's added motivation...

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2018, 9:38 AM

It’s fine for now. But Florida State and Alabama and even possibly the ACC costal champion would probably beat us with KB. Now there’s a year of tape, and film from Bama on how to stop him. If we’re gonna win the NC with him, we better win some 10-3 games vs good teams. TL I bet finishes TA&M

Aug 27, 2018, 9:41 AM

I don't disagree based on the Alabama game, but this assumes that he truly hasn't gotten any better.

Aug 27, 2018, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson Depth chart released for Furman ]

They can have all of the tape they want, but they don't have the talent of Bama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2018, 10:37 AM

I really dont know what you guys are looking at saying that. Their question has nothing to do with talent, never has. It'd be how quick Taggart can get ghis system in place and effective that would be the biggest question. They easily have the talent, and you are kidding yourself tremendously to say otherwise:

Recruiting rankings

2015:
Rivals: Alabama #2, FSU #3.
247: Alabama #1, FSU #3.
ESPN: Alabama #1, FSU #2

2016:
Rivals: Alabama #1, FSU #2.
247: Alabama #1, FSU #3.
ESPN: FSU #1, Alabama #2

2017:
Rivals: Alabama #1, FSU #5.
247: Alabama #1, FSU #6.
ESPN: Alabama #1, FSU #4

2018:
Rivals: Alabama #7, FSU #10.
247: Alabama #5, FSU #11.
ESPN: Alabama #6, FSU #11

Aug 27, 2018, 5:26 PM

Tell you what big boy If KB starts against FSU I’ll take Clemson for a 100

Aug 27, 2018, 6:44 PM

What the he-l-l does that crap have to do with FSU not having talent? So you are saying they don't have talent, Mr Expert? That those are not the real rankings of all 3 sites worth of the last 4 years of recruiting classes of FSU and Bama compared (which is exactly what Taggart is working with right now, from Seniors to Freshmen)??

Might want to worry about betting if KB even starts FSU...or NC State for that matter.

Aug 27, 2018, 10:23 PM

put up or ####

Saying FSU will probably beat us with KB is a

Aug 27, 2018, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson Depth chart released for Furman ]

huge stretch and a pretty ridiculous claim

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Saying FSU will probably beat us with KB is a

Aug 27, 2018, 11:09 PM

Not really.....FSU has talent. If we dont go into Doak Campbell and jump on them quick, make them play to our strengths (let our DLine go after the QB) and take the crowd out of the game early we could be in for a long game. Jimbo did not leave FSU in bad shape from a talent perspective (undisciplined yes.. but talented).

Aug 27, 2018, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson Depth chart released for Furman ]

TL will finish the T A&M game because we will have a big lead.

Aug 27, 2018, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson Depth chart released for Furman ]

I bet TL finishes the A@M game after KB puts up 35 on them.

Aug 27, 2018, 6:52 PM

*snicker* KB didn't himself put 35 on any team last year.... That's stretching it a bit, don't you think?

Most he had credited to him any game is 3 TD's...oh, I forgot, you don't like real stats...you credit the RB's scores to him too... And the defensive stops, and the defensive sacks, and the FG kicker's scores, and the defensive pick sixes...and the defensive safeties....

So, you think KB... Without the RB scores... Without any defensive score takeaways... Scores 6 times against T-A&M... Just his rushing, or his passing TD without a long run by who he threw it to? * For those who need math lessons, KB can only score 6 per drive... The kicker scores the last 1 pt. 5 TD's would only equal 30 points accredited to him... Then 5 PAT's to the kicker.

Aug 27, 2018, 10:26 PM

Was he the QB moron ?? Does he have to score every point himself ? He was the QB the QB leads the team MORON If Clemson wins by 3 or 45 He leads the team MORON God I'm glad you have nothing to do with this team.

Interesting that Potter

Aug 27, 2018, 9:40 AM

jumped Spence in kicking.
Also noteworthy that Feaster slipped behind Choice. Actually, I think that DepTOOLa called that one

Re: Interesting that Potter

Aug 27, 2018, 9:45 AM

I think it’s pretty interesting Carman is the backup to Mitch. From what I read he was behind in the spring but I guess he must have really impressed in fall camp. Good for him. I also like how it say Tee or Justyn. Hopefully we will get to see both of them together in 4 WR sets.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2018, 10:27 AM

Doesn't say Tee or Justyn...says Deondre or Justyn. Tee is 1st string, Overton/Ross as an "or" for 2nd.

Aug 27, 2018, 10:30 AM

didnt want Tee to transfer to ETSU. JK

Aug 27, 2018, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Interesting that Potter ]

I am not surprised Potter is handling kickoffs. One trip to one of his high school games and you would understand. He is a long range guy that sometimes kicked extra points over the net, over a building, out into the parking lot. If Furman game is out of reach, I still think Dabo will run him out there if there is an opportunity for a 55 yarder. Just to see how he can cope with 80k staring at him. Pretty sure he can do 55 consistently.

Aug 27, 2018, 11:53 AM

I'm not surprised either bc most of his kick are non returnable, and with the new kick off rule, if it is a fair catch behind the 25, it comes out to the 25 anyway. We just don't want it coming down short when the returner could take off with it and most defenders will think that it will be a fair catch and brought to the 25. I hate that rule bc, there won't be any chance to pin a team deep on kick offs bc of the auto 25 yard line spot just for calling a fair catch. Save the legs of our kick off team by kicking out of the end zone, and Potter can do that with most kicks!!!

Aug 27, 2018, 4:50 PM

I personally think the rule will rarely be used. Maybe teams like Furman who may not have the speed we do, will fair catch it, but I don't think you'll see it very often.

Guys still often run the ball out from 2-3 yards into the endzone. I can't imagine many will fair catch the ball at the 3 or 5 yard line. They want to make a big play and provide a spark.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2018, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Interesting that Potter ]

We have 3 awesome talented kickers. It's a matter of WHO can handle the pressure of 80,000 +, faster kick expectations and stronger players running at you. A few thousand people in a high school game is nothing. If you look back at all 3 kids in high school, all were deemed "best in the state." Huegel and Potter were kicking off the ground in high school. All 3 kicked out of the end zone in high school where they use a larger ball than we use at Clemson. Last year we did increase in size for kickoffs which makes it a bit easier for the kicker to kick further. With that alone distance should be better. A kicking competition where the ball is just sitting there, no time pressure and no one is running after you is not real.

I see that Huegel isn't permitted to even practice kickoffs yet. He hasn't been cleared to attempt kickoffs til maybe late September? Looks like they are now referring to his knee injury as involving multiple ligaments and not just the ACL.

Consistency wise what I saw at camp was Huegel stood out at all FG distances including 55 yarders. I think he ended with 89%. We got the right guy in there. He has proven to handle the pressure. Maybe Potter will get used to things with kickoffs and take over next year but I don't see him going in for long kicks. Huegel had great consistency even at 60 yards percentage wise.

Wait ... I thought Higgins transferred to Maryland.***

Aug 27, 2018, 9:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Not yet

Aug 27, 2018, 9:52 AM

Transfer is effective 10/1. He can play in no more than four games with us (five if ND were on the schedule) and can then play immediately for MD.

WL

6'2" 200 # WR in SLOT

Aug 27, 2018, 9:44 AM

how much damage can we do with that ????

null

The only surprise to me is Skalski.

Aug 27, 2018, 9:47 AM

Surprised to see him fourth. I thought he was impressive when he played last year and would have been the primary back up.

Me too regarding Skalski! Must've backslid a little perhaps

Aug 27, 2018, 10:04 AM

But he seems to respond very well to challenges

Re: The only surprise to me is Skalski.

Aug 27, 2018, 10:12 AM [ in reply to The only surprise to me is Skalski. ]

He’s been injured most of camp. That’s why he is fourth

This makes sense. Thanks for the info.***

Aug 27, 2018, 10:31 AM

Re: The only surprise to me is Skalski.

Aug 27, 2018, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: The only surprise to me is Skalski. ]

Think the game is starting to slow down for Shaq Smith too so he might be playing more towards his potential.

Happnin'...Tre @255# ...oooow. LB corp beefed up...***

Aug 27, 2018, 9:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stopping the run was never his issue,

Aug 27, 2018, 10:59 AM

dropping into coverage is where he needed to progress. From what I've read it seems that his pass defense has improved. Hope he can stick with a RB swinging out of the backfield at 255lbs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2018, 9:53 AM

A few interesting things on there.

Carman 2nd string behind Hyatt...guess he's been doing better this fall. Nice.

Ross listed as an "or" with Overton as backup to Higgins....oh boy. This could get fun to watch.

Choice above Feaster....looks like he's been putting in the work to play his Senior season.

JC Chalk over Galloway. Kinda surprised there...been seeing good things on both during camps but most things make it seem like Galloway was the one standing out more. Nice to see Chalk finally getting up there.

Trevion now switched to behind Renfrow instead of one of the outside WR's.

Powell and Kendrick behind Rodgers.

Xavier Kelly at DT?? Didn't realize they moved him. 270 seems a bit light to be there...maybe not?

YAY!!! Lamar back at #1 MLB....and nice, Chad Smith backing him up. Been waiting for him to come up the ranks.

Shaq Smith listed above Skalski, though Skalski has been playing more the past year or so...looks like he's finally catching on.

McMichael already 2nd string behind Mullen...Nice!!

POTTER AT KICKOFF!!! heck yeah...was hoping he'd get that. Been hearing he's been booting them into or past the end zone nearly every time. Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a kicking game again!!

Oh, and QB's listed as expected for game 1...no shocker there.

Aug 27, 2018, 11:28 AM

Excellent breakdown and summation 1978.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2018, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson Depth chart released for Furman ]

XK to DT was by far the biggest surprise to me....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2018, 12:07 PM

Have we heard they were looking to move him? Didn't recall hearing that, which is why it was same for me...kind of the biggest surprise. At 270, wondering if he put on more weight than he expected recovering from his wreck injury to the point they couldn't get t off him enough to shift him into DE. 270 would be big for a DE.

Aug 27, 2018, 12:12 PM

Hoping davidhood® gets the low down on that today...

Aug 27, 2018, 12:36 PM

Don't have the link but it was mentioned right at the end of camp. That's probably why his weight is still that low. I think it can be a good move for him. There is so much talent at DE but we will need some help on the interior DL after this season.

Aug 27, 2018, 6:55 PM

Agreed... Was thinking he was kind of getting buried at DE. Hopefully it works out. Agree we do need to get some more bodies there for the future.

Wished you would've changed the Subject Line

Aug 27, 2018, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson Depth chart released for Furman ]

I would've read yours earlier. Great points, but I stumbled upon it later than other replies. Oh well...

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Aug 27, 2018, 9:58 AM

ITT a bunch of "adults" insulting a young man for where he is listed on the depth chart...
sad really.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Not that this is anything new or surprising but the backup

Aug 27, 2018, 10:00 AM

situation in the secondary is scary. Fields is fine and has plenty of experience but beyond him...

This is definetly our weakness. I agree we need Fields to

Aug 27, 2018, 10:20 AM

stay healthy and play well.

Re: This is definetly our weakness. I agree we need Fields to

Aug 27, 2018, 10:30 AM

Kyler will be a baller out there this year. Glad he doesnt have to start but definitely trust him and Mario as backups.

I am outraged

Aug 27, 2018, 10:06 AM

There's a stupid pop-up ad right over the depth chart that won't go away. Can't read the last few lines of special teams depth chart!

Re: I am outraged

Aug 27, 2018, 10:25 AM

It just says that Tony Lazzara is the starting PK.

Aug 27, 2018, 10:37 AM [ in reply to I am outraged ]

Guess he had a year of eligibility left.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am outraged

Aug 27, 2018, 11:30 AM [ in reply to I am outraged ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here you go

Aug 27, 2018, 12:04 PM [ in reply to I am outraged ]

CLEMSON OFFENSE Pos. # Player Hgt Wgt Cl.
LT 75 MITCH HYATT 6-5 310 Sr.
79 Jackson Carman 6-5 345 Fr.
68 Noah DeHond 6-7 310 *Fr.
LG 74 JOHN SIMPSON 6-4 330 Jr.
65 Matt Bockhorst 6-4 310 *Fr.
C 50 JUSTIN FALCINELLI 6-4 315 *Gr.
59 Gage Cervenka 6-3 325 *Jr.
77 Zach Giella 6-6 315 *Jr.
RG 76 SEAN POLLARD 6-5 315 Jr.
62 Cade Stewart 6-3 310 *So.
77 Zach Giella 6-6 315 *Jr.
RT 73 TREMAYNE ANCHRUM 6-2 310 Jr.
78 Chandler Reeves 6-6 295 *So.
72 Blake Vinson 6-4 285 *Fr.
TE 80 MILAN RICHARD 6-3 255 *Gr.
or 44 GARRETT WILLIAMS 6-2 235 *Jr.
25 J.C. Chalk 6-3 260 *So.
88 Braden Galloway 6-4 240 Fr.
84 Cannon Smith 6-4 270 *Sr.
WR 5 TEE HIGGINS 6-4 210 So.
14 Diondre Overton 6-4 210 Jr.
or 8 Justyn Ross 6-4 210 Fr.
QB 2 KELLY BRYANT 6-3 225 Gr.
16 Trevor Lawrence 6-6 215 Fr.
7 Chase Brice 6-2 220 *Fr.
RB 9 TRAVIS ETIENNE 5-10 200 So.
26 Adam Choice 5-9 220 *Gr.
28 Tavien Feaster 5-11 215 Jr.
23 Lyn-J Dixon 5-10 195 Fr.
WR 13 HUNTER RENFROW 5-10 185 *Gr.
1 Trevion Thompson 6-2 205 *Gr.
18 T.J. Chase 6-0 190 *So.
22 Will Swinney 5-8 185 So.
WR 3 AMARI RODGERS 5-10 215 So.
17 Cornell Powell 6-0 210 Jr.
10 Derion Kendrick 6-0 195 Fr.
CLEMSON DEFENSE Pos. # Player Hgt Wgt Cl.
DE 99 CLELIN FERRELL 6-4 265 *Jr.
35 Justin Foster 6-2 260 So.
13 K.J. Henry 6-4 250 Fr.
DT 90 DEXTER LAWRENCE 6-4 350 Jr.
44 Nyles Pinckney 6-1 300 *So.
59 Jordan Williams 6-4 310 *Fr.
DT 42 CHRISTIAN WILKINS 6-4 315 Gr.
67 Albert Huggins 6-3 315 Sr.
22 Xavier Kelly 6-4 270 *So.
DE 7 AUSTIN BRYANT 6-6 280 Sr.
54 Logan Rudolph 6-2 245 *Fr.
or 45 Chris Register 6-3 260 *Gr.
3 Xavier Thomas 6-2 260 Fr.
SLB/NB 11 ISAIAH SIMMONS 6-2 230 *So.
30 Jalen Williams 5-9 225 Gr.
10 Baylon Spector 6-1 230 *Fr.
MLB 57 TRE LAMAR 6-4 255 Jr.
43 Chad Smith 6-3 245 *^Gr.
or 36 Judah Davis 6-1 240 Gr.
53 Regan Upshaw 5-11 235 *So.
WLB 34 KENDALL JOSEPH 6-0 235 *Gr.
33 J.D. Davis 6-1 230 Gr.
5 Shaq Smith 6-2 255 *So.
47 James Skalski 6-0 245 Jr.
CB 8 A.J. TERRELL 6-2 190 So.
2 Mark Fields 5-10 180 Sr.
31 Mario Goodrich 6-0 195 Fr.
20 LeAnthony Williams 5-11 180 *Fr.
SS 12 K'VON WALLACE 5-11 210 Jr.
24 Nolan Turner 6-1 205 *So.
40 Hall Morton 5-8 180 *So.
FS 19 TANNER MUSE 6-1 230 *Jr.
14 Denzel Johnson 6-0 205 *Jr.
32 Kyle Cote 5-9 195 *^Gr.
CB 1 TRAYVON MULLEN 6-1 195 Jr.
21 Kyler McMichael 6-0 200 Fr.
9 Brian Dawkins Jr. 5-7 170 *So.
CLEMSON SPECIALISTS Pos. # Player Hgt Wgt Cl.
PK 92 GREG HUEGEL 5-10 195 *Sr.
29 B.T. Potter 5-10 175 Fr.
or 41 Alex Spence 6-1 205 *Gr.
P 48 WILL SPIERS 6-5 220 *So.
97 Carson King 5-11 215 *Jr.
KO 29 B.T. Potter 5-10 175 Fr.
LS (PK) 58 Patrick Phibbs 6-2 210 *Jr.
52 Austin Spence 6-0 200 *Jr.
71 Jack Maddox 6-3 220 *Fr.
LS (P) 52 Austin Spence 6-0 200 *Jr.
58 Patrick Phibbs 6-2 210 *Jr.
71 Jack Maddox 6-3 220 *Fr.
H 22 Will Swinney 5-8 185 So.
48 Will Spiers 6-5 220 *So.
PR 3 Amari Rodgers 5-10 215 So.
13 Hunter Renfrow 5-10 185 *Gr.
10 Derion Kendrick 6-0 195 Fr.
KOR 17 Cornell Powell 6-0 210 Jr.
9 Travis Etienne 5-10 200 So.
23 Lyn-J Dixon 5-10 195 Fr.
3 Amari Rodgers 5-10 215 So.
* - spent one season as a redshirt player; ^ - has another year of eligibility remaining in 2019

Aug 27, 2018, 10:29 AM

When you’re so spoiled with riches that you must include the word “or” throughout the entirety of the depth chart!

Wow, you know Furman is pretty deep and loaded with

Aug 27, 2018, 10:34 AM

talent when Deon Sanders is listed as a backup. The starter must be scary good if Prime Time is riding the bench.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Wow, you know Furman is pretty deep and loaded with

Aug 27, 2018, 10:42 AM

lol, didn't even notice that till you said it.

Amir Trapp is starting CB for them

Aug 27, 2018, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Wow, you know Furman is pretty deep and loaded with ]

he has practiced against these guys, should help

I'm guessing Amir has received some pretty sage advice

Aug 27, 2018, 10:51 AM

from Neon Deon.

Just don’t kick it anywhere near him and we’ll be fine.***

Aug 27, 2018, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Wow, you know Furman is pretty deep and loaded with ]

Imo, the ol just got beat badly vs. Alabama.

Aug 27, 2018, 10:38 AM

To replay that same game you need to beat the bama defense and we didn't. I will not put the blame on any one player, but as a group our ol got whipped. KB had very little time to do anything. So don't blame him.

Give Alabama some credit

Aug 27, 2018, 11:58 AM

Bama's D played so well, even Nick Saban was pleased. Tom Brady wouldn't have made a difference.

Re: Give Alabama some credit

Aug 27, 2018, 3:57 PM

That's exactly what I said in an earlier post. I'm tired of posts that blame KB for that loss. Blame Cain for dropping a pass right in his hands that stopped a potential early drive, put us in poor field position, and seemed to set the tone for the game. That was a team loss, especially the offensive TEAM, not KB.

Re: Give Alabama some credit

Aug 27, 2018, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Give Alabama some credit ]

That's exactly what I said in an earlier post. I'm tired of posts that blame KB for that loss. Blame Cain for dropping a pass right in his hands that stopped a potential early drive, put us in poor field position, and seemed to set the tone for the game. That was a team loss, especially the offensive TEAM, not KB.

Muse at FS and Wallace at SS?

Aug 27, 2018, 10:51 AM

Almost seems like it should be reversed, especially when you consider that K'Von is the ball-hawking coverage guy while Muse is the hard hitter you would expect to see at SS.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those are just letters on a piece of internet paper...

Aug 27, 2018, 11:06 AM

When you watch the games this year, you will see K'Von playing center field and Tanner patrolling the box assisting on run support.

We don't look very deep at Safety***

Aug 27, 2018, 11:11 AM

Re: We don't look very deep at Safety***

Aug 27, 2018, 1:01 PM

They can shift C Wilkins back there, if needed!

That's my hope, heck I'll just trust the coaches on this one***

Aug 27, 2018, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Those are just letters on a piece of internet paper... ]

Muse is faster.***

Aug 27, 2018, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Muse at FS and Wallace at SS? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doubt that, K'Von ran track...

Aug 27, 2018, 5:16 PM

Made it all the way to the new balance NHS track championships in HS.

Aug 27, 2018, 11:24 AM

Are there any surprises for any of you guys, and not who you wanted but by who is actually there as starters by the coaching staff, and the #2's???

Powell at KOR is biggest surprise. LOL***

Aug 27, 2018, 11:41 AM

Brian Dawkins and Neon Deon on sidelines***

Aug 27, 2018, 11:46 AM

Teach some backup WRs to play defense, please!

Aug 27, 2018, 11:52 AM

####, our secondary is THIN.

Re: Teach some backup WRs to play defense, please!

I hope we have a special lineup for last second Hail Mary passes that includes Tee, Ross and Trevion. Good luck driving to that basket!

Chandler Reeves ... great to see an unheralded, underweight

guy come in as a project then work hard, gain weight, and get stronger and after a couple of years, get into a position for significant playing time as a red-shirt soph.

This is the way offensive line recruiting works for the most part.

Guys who can come in and start immediately are few and far between.

Great testiment to Clemson's recruiting acumen and developmental ability.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chandler Reeves ... great to see an unheralded, underweight

Aug 27, 2018, 12:14 PM

This is wyy I haven't been that worried YET regarding our OL recruiting...

That is a national championship caliber depth chart.

Aug 27, 2018, 1:41 PM

QB, OL and LB's will be the biggest swing position. If they all play better than expected we are going to be hard for anyone to beat. And I mean anyone.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is a national championship caliber depth chart.

Aug 27, 2018, 3:28 PM

I just hope the secondary stays healthy.

I'm glad we get a bye before NC State and play them at home.

Aug 27, 2018, 4:03 PM

Anyone notice how many juniors and grad students are starting. Sure hope there will be a lot of opportunities for the younger guys to get some PT.

FIRE EVERYONE AND HIRE URBAN NOW

Aug 27, 2018, 4:46 PM

WE NEED URBAN. DABO IS THE WORST EVER. HE WILL NEVER TAKE US TO THE TOP.

AND PETRINO. WE NEED PETRINO.

AND LANE KIFFIN. LANE IS GREAT

AND HUGH FREEZE, HES AWESOME

Replies: 104
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic