Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is a two part question. I had a coot tell me that......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,421

This is a two part question. I had a coot tell me that......

Mar 28, 2019, 3:58 PM

Bentley is just as good as TL. If Bentley had the same teammates around him as Trevor has, he too would win a national championship.

Question 1 is if TL got beaten out by Brice this spring and entered the transfer portal, how many other college teams would want him?

Qukestion 2 is if Bentley gets beaten out by Hilinski and he and his daddy entered the transfer portal, how many college teams would want him?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is a two part question. I had a coot tell me that......

Mar 28, 2019, 4:11 PM

Answer 1. Most all of them

Answer 2. LSU seems to prefer a QB that can’t complete a forward pass, but likely.... no one would choose Bentley.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 8:23 AM

That's insulting. Joe Burrow has completed at least two of those last year. Before him though, it's been since Mettenberger.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate word problems,

Mar 28, 2019, 4:12 PM

and Bentley sux.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 4:12 PM

The part about Bentley being just as good as TL is simply not true, but he might be right that Clemson could have won a championship last year with Bentley as their QB! All of the other parts at Clemson right now are so good that a QB with average talent could win a lot of games for sure. If Bentley cut down on the stupid mistakes he would be better than average, as he plays well in spurts but can't seem to keep it up for long periods. Of course, with TL as QB, Clemson goes from one of many contenders to a favorite!

I suspect that if either QB decided they wanted to transfer they would have plenty of suitors.

Mar 28, 2019, 6:42 PM

Consistency is a more important quality as a QB than some other attributes. That said, Bentley is not good. Not even average. If a team wanted him, they are either desperate or incompetent or both.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't be surprised to see Coach Muschamp

Mar 28, 2019, 4:29 PM

attempt...attempt, I say, to do what our staff did last year and start Bentley. Then, weave Hilinski into play during the first four games.

If Hilinski proves better, then he may take over from Bentley. I just don't believe the Gamecocks have the heavy hitters like we had to back up either QB as successfully as they would hope. That will require healthier recruiting, which will take a while, if at all possible.

The bears in the woods, of course, are Clemson and other teams in the SEC, recruiting against them.

Message was edited by: hartins®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wouldn't be surprised to see Coach Muschamp

Mar 28, 2019, 4:40 PM

Most teams want a QB that can complete more than a 10 yard pass. So I guess that would exclude 5- Head.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

makes sense, they copy everything else we do.***

Mar 28, 2019, 6:25 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't be surprised to see Coach Muschamp ]

The moment any part of the conversation turned to

Mar 28, 2019, 5:01 PM

why Bentley is as talented as Trevor Lawrence, you should have extricated yourself immediately because yours was apparently the only rational opinion. To think that the chickens wouldn't have fared better with young Mr. Lawrence than 7-7 (against a phenomenally easy schedule) is simply ludicrous. For absolutely certain, they'd have scored against UVa in the Clothing Store Bowl

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 5:09 PM

1. If aliens abducted TL, would we just use Brice or would Dabo page Captain Marvel to go rescue him?

2. If trash follows trash into the transfer portal, does trash also exit?

Your coot friend has his head stuck so far up his a$$...

Mar 28, 2019, 5:37 PM

that he needs to cut holes in his ####### to see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Quick solution to this problem.

Mar 28, 2019, 5:47 PM

In order to make both list shorter.

1 Who won't want Trevor?

2 Who would want Bently?

The list would be significantly shorter for Trevor than Bently. Bentley would have half a dozen entertaining him. Trevor would have a long list starting with Bama followed by every SEC team then every other team that aspired to conquer the world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 6:48 PM

about 775 colleges have a football program. If my math is right, 775 colleges would want TL.

Mar 28, 2019, 10:20 PM

Every team, including many in the NFL, would want Trevor. I can’t see any team wanting Bentley he has been an embarrassment

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

If he thinks Bentley is as good as TL, he's an idiot!!***

Mar 28, 2019, 10:31 PM

Mar 29, 2019, 8:04 AM

As soon as he said "Bentley is just as good as TL" you should have laughed and turned around and walked away. You're dealing with a dumb POS and no amount of facts and logic will ever crack that shell of stupidity. To even make an attempt is a waste of your precious time on this earth.

Answer

Mar 29, 2019, 8:18 AM

Auhhh.. yeah sure great.. can I get that burger with cheese?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

The problem with this question is assuming flophead could fit through a portal***

Mar 29, 2019, 8:27 AM

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,421
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic