Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OPEN THE STATE BACK UP!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

OPEN THE STATE BACK UP!

Mar 26, 2020, 5:01 AM

Enough is enough. The state government is flat out killing working families right now. Let the hospitality industry get back to business as normal. Most of these family owned restaurants will not survive another week of this. No government check will cover this, as the implications of this shutdown will be felt long after the checks quit coming.

We can get back to work without killing 82 year old Uncle Wilbur. Just because businesses get back to work doesnt mean Aunt Ethel should go out on the town and shop for a new dress. If you've made it to that age, then you should have enough freaking sense to know when to stay home and when not to. The governor shouldn't have to coach you up on that decision. Uncle Wilbur and Aunt Ethel's health concerns do not dictate whether a couple of 30 yr olds trying to raise kids and pay a mortgage and keep some semblance of a 401k should lose it all because of the flu. Nevermind the fact that any semblance of the flu will most likely kill a person at that age anyhow.

And no I'm not anti-old so get over that crap. I plan on being old here in another 20 years or so and I can promise you I wont think so much of my self that I'll expect 30% percent of the nation to go broke because I may get sick and die.

Enough of all this. If your scared of getting sick, then by all means stay home. That's you call. But quit slowly killing everyone else and all they've worked for.

And for the record, this has had very little financial impact on myself. So this isn't coming from a selfish I'm broke standpoint, but I see what it's doing to others and it's got to stop.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Goosfraba...

Mar 26, 2020, 5:08 AM

and a little something for the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph1GU1qQ1zQ&feature=youtu.be

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice tune DSP, but you have to go with the original on this one

Mar 26, 2020, 6:05 AM

Welcome back, didn’t think you’d get a reprise this time

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

GMorning '76 & thanks. The original is the gold standard...

Mar 26, 2020, 6:14 AM

no doubt about it.

This version with Robbie reminded me of the 70's Coke commercial and of course, I'm a person of the peoples.

Be well, brother and thanks again for the welcome back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GMorning '76 & thanks. The original is the gold standard...

Mar 26, 2020, 6:39 AM

Anytime brother, try and keep your spurs from jangling this time around

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

DSP

Mar 27, 2020, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Goosfraba... ]

Check your tmail.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably the most ignorant thing I've ever read on Tigernet

Mar 26, 2020, 5:09 AM

People below 80 die from this. Please educate yourself. Also contact unemployment and whatever they quote you, add $600 per week for the next 4 months. That is probably more than you make right now and is what the Republican led Senate just passed.

Re: Probably the most ignorant thing I've ever read on Tigernet

Mar 26, 2020, 10:55 AM

How do you draw the conclusion he doesn’t know that because his one example was over 80? What an idiotic post.

Speaking of idiotic, you must have ignored this part

Mar 26, 2020, 11:02 AM

Uncle Wilbur and Aunt Ethel's health concerns do not dictate whether a couple of 30 yr olds trying to raise kids and pay a mortgage and keep some semblance of a 401k should lose it all because of the flu. Nevermind the fact that any semblance of the flu will most likely kill a person at that age anyhow.

You know darn good and well what's being said, and it's stupid.

lots of people under 80 die from a variety of things

Mar 27, 2020, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Probably the most ignorant thing I've ever read on Tigernet ]

flu, cancer, bees.....should we quaratine because of bees?

Re: OPEN THE STATE BACK UP!

Mar 26, 2020, 6:11 AM

You haven't thought this issue through.

Mar 26, 2020, 6:18 AM

Until the public can obtain N95 masks, nitrile gloves,hand sanitizer and wipes opening back up is plain silly.

You Should Get Your Head Out of Your A** Before Posting***

Mar 26, 2020, 6:23 AM

Mar 26, 2020, 7:07 AM

The devil is the the master of deception...be careful whom you follow. I think this is blown way out of proportion and like you , I believe a lot of people will be changed for life from this.

The devil doesn’t have to mess with the ungodly, because they are no threat. God will only allow the Godly to be tried by what they can handle.

Message was edited by: tigersnake1954®

Mar 26, 2020, 7:08 AM

Good thing about yall being wrong is you've got plenty of company.

Got no problem with those who want to quarantine. You all should get together ,while maintaining your social distancing , and build a fort with your rolls of toilet paper.

Mar 26, 2020, 7:12 AM

User Logo
outlaw1081
CU Guru [1167]
TigerPulse: 82%
OPEN THE STATE BACK UP! [3]
Posted: Mar 26, 2020 5:01 AM

Enough is enough. The state government is flat out killing working families right now. Let the hospitality industry get back to business as normal. Most of these family owned restaurants will not survive another week of this. No government check will cover this, as the implications of this shutdown will be felt long after the checks quit coming.

We can get back to work without killing 82 year old Uncle Wilbur. Just because businesses get back to work doesnt mean Aunt Ethel should go out on the town and shop for a new dress. If you've made it to that age, then you should have enough freaking sense to know when to stay home and when not to. The governor shouldn't have to coach you up on that decision. Uncle Wilbur and Aunt Ethel's health concerns do not dictate whether a couple of 30 yr olds trying to raise kids and pay a mortgage and keep some semblance of a 401k should lose it all because of the flu. Nevermind the fact that any semblance of the flu will most likely kill a person at that age anyhow.

And no I'm not anti-old so get over that crap. I plan on being old here in another 20 years or so and I can promise you I wont think so much of my self that I'll expect 30% percent of the nation to go broke because I may get sick and die.

Enough of all this. If your scared of getting sick, then by all means stay home. That's you call. But quit slowly killing everyone else and all they've worked for.

And for the record, this has had very little financial impact on myself. So this isn't coming from a selfish I'm broke standpoint, but I see what it's doing to others and it's got to stop.

finally a voice of reason. very well said. and i am in the at risk group.

"you're"***

Mar 26, 2020, 7:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You severely overestimate the intelligence of the US population.

Mar 26, 2020, 7:54 AM

We need government mandates because otherwise everyone would go about their lives as normal. This country has a whooole lot of stupid people in it.

Agree with you but...

Mar 26, 2020, 9:16 AM

I would say that the Government has a "whooole lot of stupid people in it" as well.

GO TIGERS!!!

I agree with 19890. BUT - I do think limiting crowds is

Mar 26, 2020, 10:35 AM [ in reply to You severely overestimate the intelligence of the US population. ]

enough to "flatten the curve". Beyond that, let the incredibly stupid infect themselves if they choose.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You severely overestimate the intelligence of the US population.

Mar 26, 2020, 10:42 AM [ in reply to You severely overestimate the intelligence of the US population. ]

Dumbest country in the world?

rather than a proactive temporary spell of job loss

Mar 26, 2020, 8:00 AM

in effort to keep people healthy and alive, you’d rather see a reactive spell of job loss due to people being sick and in some cases dying.

Jobs WILL be lost either way.

This in spite of literally just about every doctor and scientist directive in the world.

Lemme guess: you’re a toilet licker?

Re: rather than a proactive temporary spell of job loss

Mar 26, 2020, 8:42 AM

Glad finally someone said it.

I can't believe some of you guys think that losing hundreds of thousands of taxpaying workers to Coronavirus wouldn't affect the economy worse than temporarily closing for a month or two.

If you guys had it your way, we'd live a normal life, completely destroy our healthcare system by overwhelming staff and resources,

but hey at least the line cook at Bubba's BBQ has a paycheck!

This is a prime example of exactly why we cannot allow this.

Mar 26, 2020, 8:12 AM

New York applied your logic and we all see how that is going. Our country will wind up like Italy if we do not use common sense and practice a few safety measures. I hope you and your "acquaintances" remain safe....remember the 6' social distance rule and wash your hands thoroughly and frequently.

Re: This is a prime example of exactly why we cannot allow this.

Mar 26, 2020, 8:29 AM

We know deroberts will be fine. He is always social distancing and people like to stay much more than 6ft away from him.

Re: This is a prime example of exactly why we cannot allow this.

Mar 27, 2020, 3:41 PM

LOL. I got a patented all-caps Derp blast just yesterday myself.

I think the mean old guys with shotguns full of rock salt may be about to inherit the Earth.

This is a very serious question that needs to be asked.

Mar 26, 2020, 9:54 AM

How long can a country sustain a shutdown? How many more TRILLION (with a T) dollar Bills can they sign? When is the next T$ Bill? Next month, year, 5 years? I live in Switzerland, so I watch Al Jazeera and up pops the UN General asking the Developed Countries (USA, etc.) for money to help the less fortunate countries. Which is part of his job and I get it. But, does anybody know how long this Pandemic will last? Let's say the US does the good thing and donates some money. In 5 years, after the US has signed X amount of these T$ Bills, will we be going to the UN for countries to help us? By then NOBODY will have any money. It's a serious & difficult scenario that people have to face. And believe me, I'm no fan of opening everything up right now. We're on shutdown in Switzerland also. The decision on how long the US stays shutdown is going to have to be made and we need to be prepared for the consequences.

Stay well Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Hey friend. How are things in Switzerland? Statistics show

Mar 26, 2020, 10:40 AM

that you guys have the highest number of cases per million than anyone. (Even Italy and Spain)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here in Switzerland, everybody is laughing at the US

Mar 26, 2020, 12:07 PM

because of the toilet paper PANDEMIC! HA! Just kidding about the laughing part, but what the hell are Americans thinking? Swiss people are generally to themselves & great people. Haven't seen or heard of any hoarding. Neighbors checking on neighbors. They don't test you unless you're practically crawling to the Dr. So those high numbers signify people in pretty bad shape. Having Italy so close didn't help. And now France's numbers are also climbing. All border crossings with those 2 have been shut for awhile, but probably not soon enough. A lot of people had to cross borders to go to work. It's pretty much everything closed down here except for the essentials. No less than 3 meters between people, so they've put tape on the ground to show you the distance at grocery stores, banks, etc. No more than X amount of people allowed in these stores. One walks out, one walks in. My wife works for the US Mission and her job is at the World Trade Organization, so she's working from home. The good thing is, the wife and I live on Lake Geneva and we can see the snow capped Alps every day!

Stay well my friend!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Of the "first world" countries, I believe the stupid people

Mar 26, 2020, 12:53 PM

in the USA are dumber than the stupid people in other countries. So, that explains the TP issue.

I live in North Carolina and my county is completely shut down - so even restaurants are closed. The local grocery store shelves are fairly empty, but everyone is looking out for each other in our neighborhood.

My view falls somewhat short of the Swiss Alps, I'm afraid.

Good luck to your family and Go Tigers!

HEY, HEY, HEY! I AM A HELLLUVA LONG WAY FROM 82.

Mar 26, 2020, 10:28 AM

Youngster.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Let's do the math together.

Mar 26, 2020, 10:54 AM

"Do nothing" estimates for infection rates are ~70% of the population. This would include some social distancing, but no shelter-in-place.

* The US has population of 327 million. 70% of 327 million is 229 million.

* In China, about 15% of cases required hospitalization. In Italy, it's closer to 50%. Let's choose to be optimistic and say we're more like China, even though we aren't.

* 15% of 229 million is just over 34 million.

* The US has under 1 million hospital beds.

Now, can you explain to me again why it is so important to get the hospitality industry back up & running before the outbreak is under control? Is it because hotels make good hospitals?
https://www.ft.com/content/cf24d4b2-4d5a-11ea-95a0-43d18ec715f5

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's do the math together.

Mar 26, 2020, 11:17 AM

Don't bore them with facts, we should listen to politicians, Twitter and Facebook, not the experts like Dr's

we are never going to make it if people want to give up this quickly

Mar 26, 2020, 11:24 AM

I mean it’s been what? Barely over a week? Mentally prepare yourself for the long haul.

This is a slow acting disease and the people in the hospitals now are still from before heavy quarantines. We won’t see the positive affects of the quarantine for a while. It would be reckless to abandon them before it even means anything

Mar 26, 2020, 11:54 AM

My wife and I have been out of work for a week because she was tested and hasn't gotten results back yet. I am with you in wanting to get back to work to pay rent and bills but I also do not want my parents and grandparents to die because we care more about money than lives. Tough choice.

Mar 26, 2020, 1:27 PM

Does anyone know why it takes so long for the test results? A doctor can pretty much tell you right away if you're positive or negative for the flu. Why is this so different? Is it because the CDC is having to review the tests before they can be confirmed instead of a doctor just making the call themselves like with the flu?

Mar 26, 2020, 1:39 PM

Anybody on this thread who agrees with the original poster, needs to have their head examined and then to have their ### kicked. A level of stupidity beyond belief. Fat Donny Trump is a very dangerous man.

Message was edited by: gatigerbc®

Mar 26, 2020, 1:43 PM

Bring it friend. I'm a black belt in karaoke.

Mar 26, 2020, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: OPEN THE STATE BACK UP! ]

I actually agree with the OP and have been looking to get my #### kicked. So looks like I'm your guy. Will this be a leftists mob style #### kicking?

In SC, aren't they sent to DHEC. A couple days ago, they said

Mar 26, 2020, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: OPEN THE STATE BACK UP! ]

the turnaround at DHEC was less than 24 hours. Initially, some states were taking a week to get results from an out of state lab!

Re: In SC, aren't they sent to DHEC. A couple days ago, they said

Mar 26, 2020, 7:58 PM

Heard tonight DHEC and Contract test facilities are between 7 and 8 days to get test results. So while the people are sitting at home, they are getting sicker and in some cases beyond recovery. Nice process there!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quest and LabCorp were suppose to be the saviors. That

Mar 26, 2020, 10:08 PM

was another example of pushing things down the road... Months late and $2T short....

Re: OPEN THE STATE BACK UP! - You obviously don't have

Mar 26, 2020, 10:14 PM

anyone close to you in the healthcare world. These folks are working like dogs and the cavalier attitude of folks that don't have a clue about the burden on healthcare workers and the risk that they want to pose too others is nothing short of lunacy, ignorance and selfishness. I am so sorry that folks are hurting financially, but what you are advocating will only prolong it and endanger more people. Look past yours self and think of those who are on the front line, and those who are in danger. If you can't, then you can know yourself in the Biblical sense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 10:25 PM

I guess this jack asss want's me to shoot my dog too lol, dude your elderly family members are more important than Trump's re election that's if you haven't already stuck a pillow over their face.

Mar 27, 2020, 10:39 AM

We will go from like 15 to pretty much zero We have done a pretty good job

Mar 27, 2020, 10:50 AM

This country is full of stupid people. Being Stupid is a choice by the way...other than being dumb. There are many young people who are dying from this. And opening the state backnup increases the likelihood that other people will get it. Then the economy will die ..and it will be much worse. When should we make a choice between loss of life and getting a Billionaire more profit. Our problem is that our whole system is not built for this. Canada, Denmark and other countries are able to distribute moneu to their entire population for instances like these. I got news for you..this will not be the last Pandemic. We must make serious changes now.

Mar 27, 2020, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: OPEN THE STATE BACK UP! ]

We will go from like 15 to pretty much zero We have done a pretty good job

Not to mention, that when he said 15 cases we actually had 64 cases.

The worst part about the dum mass OP is that its on the rong

Mar 27, 2020, 3:25 PM

bored

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 3:50 PM

You're right, get on out there, hug as many strangers as possible. There's nothing standing between you and Covid-19 but air and common sense. Go for it!

While your at it, explain your theory to these people.

https://youtu.be/XB-ZQpC42EQ

Go for it bad axx...***

Mar 27, 2020, 5:48 PM

Mar 27, 2020, 6:38 PM

I don't agree with you that it is time to remove social distance because we need to lower the peak load on the medical system by allowing the disease to run its course at a more manageable rate. I do agree with you that a "caveman" approach can only remain in place for a relatively short period of time. Otherwise, there will be a far worse hit on modern civilization.

Freedom of speech is important. Don't worry about political correctness; its an awful assault on freedom. The best way to control slaves is make them think that they're free.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic