Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is a huge game for us this week...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

This is a huge game for us this week...

Sep 16, 2013, 10:28 PM

IMO this week's game is huge. Not only because it's the next game but because our players have sat around listening to every national TV show talk about how awesome we are. We passed barely passed Ohio State in the polls after beating lowly SC State. WE mananage to stay in front of Ohio State after they won a game they dominated a respectable California team in thier crib. The media and coaches are starting to buy into Clemson after a strong win and a "so-so" win.

I turned 38 yesterday and I grew up watching Clemson football. I remember the late 80's when Danny's awesome defensive teams would lose games against an NC State, Duke or Ga Tech.

Thursday night's game is the kind of game that makes us a National Championship contender. It's easy to get up for the home games against a #5 Georgia or a #4 FSU. The difference in National Champion contenders and National Championship pretenders are games like Thursday night.

I am confident this staff and some of our older players have memories of going up there 2 years ago and getting embarrassed on national TV.

This game is huge.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

happy birthday

Sep 16, 2013, 10:53 PM

hope you had a good one..

im pretty confident in this game.i see it being close for the first half and us starting to pull away late in the 3rd quarter..the team they had 2 years ago was a lot more talented than the one they have now not to mention glennon was a well above average college qb (they are on their backup) and i beleive the team we have now is much better than the one we had two years ago as well

i wouldnt be surprised to see us get down early with nc state coming out of the gates fired up and hitting on all cylinders..their home field advantage is pretty underrated but we will settle in

we should be able to pull away for a double digit win..somewhere in the 10-17 range ..all this win by 50 talk from some ppl though seems a bit ridiculous

thanks...

Sep 16, 2013, 10:57 PM

i kind of see it the same way. i see us falling behind early only to pull away at the end. this is a 14-20 pt win tops.

Re: This is a huge game for us this week...

Sep 17, 2013, 7:00 AM

I think the slow start by our first team offense against SC State is going to give them all of the motivation that they need. I think Tajh is going to come out with something to prove, along with a mindset of taking what the defense gives him.

I also think our defensive line is going to continue to apply qb pressure all night long.

If I were to bet, I would give the 13 points. I see a big victory for Clemson on Thursday.

This game makes me nervous

Sep 17, 2013, 7:36 AM

as do all Thursday night away games. However the last time we had a "trap" Thursday night game was last year against Wake; instead of choking we beat them to a bloody pulp. So I'm quickly gaining confidence that our team's jitters about Thursday night games are no longer a thing. Even if we spot NCSU a score or two, which I think is a very real possibility, our offense is used to not getting down when we're behind in the score. Once they get going it'll be game over for NCSU.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic