Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is a funny article from a few years ago
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

This is a funny article from a few years ago

Dec 17, 2017, 6:14 PM

https://southcarolina.rivals.com/news/hood-new-deals-reflect-rivalrys-new-reality

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hilarious. How wrong can you be?

Dec 17, 2017, 6:30 PM

Turns out you can be pretty far wrong.

"When push comes to shove, Swinney's contract is essentially a concession by Radakovich and Clemson that, in terms of the Palmetto State rivalry, the salad days of past decades are over, and limiting USC to six wins over a 26-year span (1980-2005) will likely never happen again considering the significant financial resources and the superior coaching and administrative leadership available to USC now and in the future.
In short, Radakovich understood Clemson's "USC problem" isn't going away anytime soon regardless of who the Clemson coach is, so he decided to bite the bullet and give Swinney the dough."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no way the coots win 6 games in the next 21 years***

Dec 17, 2017, 7:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The most interesting part is, that was written in January

Dec 17, 2017, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Hilarious. How wrong can you be? ]

2014. It would've blown that guy's mind if he knew just how great the next 4 years were going to be for the Gamecocks:

- 7-6 in 2014, 35-17 beatdown by a one-legged Tiger QB named Deshaun

- 3-9 in 2015, your $6 million "HBC" quits halfway through the season when realizes how it's going to end, back-to-back losses to the Tigers

- 6-7 in 2016, hire another of UF's sloppy seconds, 56-7 spanking by the Tigers, but "NEVER AGAIN!"

- Big 8-4 season in 2017 but ANOTHER epic beating by the Tigers in Columbia

Meanwhile, those stupid Tigers in the upstate with their sad ACC money that gave an extension to their dumb cheerleader head coach, since 2014, have:

- A 50-6 record

- 3 straight ACC Titles

- 3 straight CFB Playoff appearances

- 2 National Title Games

- 1 National Title

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The most interesting part is, that was written in January

Dec 18, 2017, 5:44 AM

They're zeroing out. Not cycling out , as Todd Ellis said of Clemson . Cycling in or out implies that there are at least semi-regular periods of time that you were successful against the rival in question .
This is clearly not the case with the Dirtpeckers, not has it ever been .
Know your past , Coots . This time of Clemson prominence started in the 19th century and continues today ...there's really no other logical way to view it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: The most interesting part is, that was written in January

Dec 18, 2017, 9:07 AM

> They're zeroing out. Not cycling out , as Todd Ellis
> said of Clemson . Cycling in or out implies that
> there are at least semi-regular periods of time that
> you were successful against the rival in question .
> This is clearly not the case with the Dirtpeckers,
> not has it ever been .
> Know your past , Coots . This time of Clemson
> prominence started in the 19th century and continues
> today ...there's really no other logical way to view
> it .

Dug...I think Todd meant menstrual cycle....

Re: This is a funny article from a few years ago

Dec 17, 2017, 6:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's the saying about sunshine and dogs arses?

Dec 17, 2017, 6:51 PM

I think that applied to the Spurrier days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its so cringeworthy when those pathetic losers refer to themselves as "USC"

Dec 17, 2017, 7:02 PM

Weren't they sued by USC and they lost? What's with the "USC" crap still? They aren't fooling anyone. And with the "Carolina" crap too. It just seems so odd when they are the poster children of suckitude.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Its so cringeworthy when those pathetic losers refer to themselves as "USC"

Dec 17, 2017, 7:15 PM

They were sued because of the interlocking letters on their baseball caps. SoCal won the suit but I think are allowing CootU to use the interlocking letter thingy for the time being.

Image result for usc interlocking letters

Image result for usc baseball cap

Re: Its so cringeworthy when those pathetic losers refer to themselves as "USC"

Dec 17, 2017, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Its so cringeworthy when those pathetic losers refer to themselves as "USC" ]

...and Dabo done tolt 'em .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 17, 2017, 7:12 PM

I read that last night and so wanted to post it here and thank you for doing so. Please people read this whole story to get an appreciation of how good we have it now compared to how the coot experts (the media) told us it would be. The fact that this was put on fgf is priceless....

Dec 17, 2017, 7:14 PM

This article is embarrassing in light of what we now know. As much as the five in a row bothered me, I always felt like eventually everything would settle out and we would continue to be the dominant program. I don't ever recall thinking the status quo had changed, just that they were riding an unprecedented wave of success and that it would eventually drop them back to the bottom where they belong, as it did. Never did I believe anything like the drivel this guy spouted. This is ridiculous.

"Which means, of course, plenty of big name coaches will

Dec 17, 2017, 10:02 PM

eagerly apply for the job when it finally comes open years down the road."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2017, 10:50 PM

“Which means, of course, plenty of big name coaches will eagerly apply for the job when it finally comes open years down the road.”

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. How’d that work out for you coots? What was Mudshrimp, y’alls 5th choice? Out of that whole quote, the “of course” part is my favorite. Thanks for sharing, I got a good laugh out of it.

Dec 18, 2017, 5:59 AM

Never take things for granted. He did...as did that program. Rome fell fast...so did the hen house.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Scott Hood still writing for them?

Dec 18, 2017, 6:09 AM

If so, bet he regrets writing that article.

Dec 18, 2017, 7:37 AM

Did he predict anything right in article? +1

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic