Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is a GREAT read on what adjustments BV made against OSU...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,925

This is a GREAT read on what adjustments BV made against OSU...

Jan 2, 2020, 6:16 PM

sorry if already posted...

http://sportstreatise.com/2019/12/rise-of-the-inverted-tampa-2-clemson-goes-b12-on-ohio-state/

Message was edited by: Snowtown®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This Excerpt made me chuckle

Jan 2, 2020, 6:43 PM

"Tanner Muse is sort of your stereotypical white safety. He’s a 3-star from North Carolina with size (6-2, 225), toughness, heady play (four INTs), but limited lateral range and hips. Alabama pushed him off the field a year ago with their receivers, he’s at his best fitting runs in the box from the boundary hash.

Nolan Turner, who replaced the DT, is almost the opposite of Muse. He has great range and is comfortable playing out in space against great receivers. When the Tigers get into sub-packages, like this one, Turner takes on the toughest coverage position at field safety. But he was a no-star and the son of a fullback that was friends with Dabo Swinney, so the assumption is typically that he’s more like Muse. Another hard-hitting honky rather than a high level athlete. I guess he got the last laugh ultimately."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

That's just funny right there. I don't care who you are.***

Jan 2, 2020, 6:54 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is a GREAT read on what adjustments BV made against OSU...

Jan 2, 2020, 7:07 PM

Thanks for sharing!

Jan 2, 2020, 7:20 PM

Thanks for posting, this same guy also has another post breaks down the way Clemson set up some of the plays to get Travis in space. Sort of detailed but definitely interesting in the underlying chess match that is happening during the game.

On a more serious side, Brent Venables is the man. What happens if, god forbid, he should decide to leave? We have gotten a look at the back up plan with the offensive coaching staff with Jeff Scott leaving. Does anyone have any idea who the key assistant is to Venables on the defense? I know Dabo has a plan in place, just wondering who might be next in line on the current staff?

Jan 2, 2020, 8:48 PM

GREAT post. learnt much.

The USC game was done close to 45 days back and the TN board is full of "coots" post. Why are tigerfans into negative topics and constant bitching.

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,925
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic