Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is a Clemson offense, not a Chad offense?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

This is a Clemson offense, not a Chad offense?

Dec 12, 2012, 4:04 PM

uh, then why did your offense suck ### before he got here? I like Dabo and very rarely criticize "him" but he sounds delusional by saying that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has to keep morale up. He can't say right after practice

Dec 12, 2012, 4:05 PM

"WE ARE DOOOOOMED!!!!!"

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's wrong but he's right.

Dec 12, 2012, 4:06 PM

Chad brought the offense and is the brains of it, but Clemson owns his (current) playbook now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is a Clemson offense, not a Chad offense?

Dec 12, 2012, 4:07 PM

I think what he was getting at is this is the direction he wanted to take Clemson in regardless of who he hired. Chad's done it very well, without a doubt, but I think he really said that to reassure some recruits: "We are NOT going to pull a Chizik and bring in a pro-set guy if our guy leaves"

Dec 12, 2012, 4:10 PM

Chad is not the only spread them out coach out there. We had one here remember, Rich Rod? Clemson has the skill players to make any of them look good. As long as we stick to that offensive system.

Dec 12, 2012, 4:16 PM

People seem to forget Napier's first year (when he had talent). He set some Clemson records of his own and we scored a lot of points.

Fast forward to the next year. Clemson's WR depth chart looks like this heading into the season

-Xavier Dye
-Marquan Jones
-Terrance Ashe
-Bryce McNeal

I like Chad and want him to stay. But Napier would have destroyed the cupcakes (all 10 of them) on our schedule with Boyd, Sammy, Nuk, peake, ellington, ford, bryant, etc.

Dabo deserves as much or more credit than Morris for our offense the last 2 years

i'm sorry but thats delusional.***

Dec 12, 2012, 4:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i'm sorry but thats delusional.***

Dec 12, 2012, 4:24 PM

Is it? Morris choked in the two biggest games of the season this year.

With the talent we had, we should have beaten everyone we did handily. And, for the most part, we did (which is great).

Morris is a great QB coach and a great playcaller. But look at the freaking talent we rolled out there this year

nah he's right....our best WR that year was a freshman

Dec 12, 2012, 4:33 PM [ in reply to i'm sorry but thats delusional.*** ]

nuk hopkins...our 2nd best was a walk-on slot reciever in t. ashe. plus ellington got hurt halfway through the year which created no playmaker problem.

Napier was just in a bad situation

Dec 12, 2012, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Re: This is a Clemson offense, not a Chad offense? ]

I think Kyle Parker stinking up the place had more to do with that crappy offense than any WR or Offensive Coordinator.

After the Auburn game, he was the hardest Clemson QB to watch. I cringed when he dropped back to pass...even moreso than I did with Will Proctor and during bad stretches of Harper's career.

Are you people really this clueless?

Dec 12, 2012, 4:22 PM

He meant it was the direction he was gonna go with this offense and wanted someone who runs this offense really well. He didn't mean Clemson invented this offense. Also that this offense will stay at Clemson and the next OC which are many will be one who knows the offense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that's true, why are we paying The Chad $1.3M?***

Dec 12, 2012, 4:27 PM

to avoid the hassle of replacing him after a year***

Dec 12, 2012, 4:34 PM

Re: to avoid the hassle of replacing him after a year***

Dec 12, 2012, 4:39 PM

Well...if he's not that valuable, then it shouldn't be a hassle to find just any old joe to replace him, no?

You're not making sense here.

Why did you put quotations on him?***

Dec 12, 2012, 4:34 PM

The way I understood that is that Clemson will run a fast-

Dec 12, 2012, 5:05 PM

paced, spread offense no matter what, and an OC will be hired with that in mind and understood. I think that's what Dabo wanted all along and one reason why Napier left.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic