Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This guy breaksdown Alexander vs V. Hargreaves III at CB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

This guy breaksdown Alexander vs V. Hargreaves III at CB

Feb 15, 2016, 9:01 AM

Basically he concludes Hargreaves is better mostly base on resume and stats. Most of his points are valid, but I thought his argument fell short by not comparing the two guys vs similar top level opponents. Both guys went against Bama and FSU. Alexander fared much better against those two teams than did Hargreaves. In particular Calvin Ridley ate up Hargreaves in the SEC championship game, but was completely shut down by Alexander in the National Championship game before Mack had to exit with an injury.

The writer also failed to mention how poor QB play is in general in the SEC. Hargreaves himself went against 3 reject QBs from the ACC (Coker, Lambert, and Kelly).

http://draftbreakdown.com/comparing-corners-floridas-vernon-hargreaves-iii-vs-clemsons-mackensie-alexander/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This guy breaksdown Alexander vs V. Hargreaves III at CB

Feb 15, 2016, 9:17 AM

We know the truth!

And so will NFL Scouts!

That is all that matters!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2016, 9:24 AM

Coker and Kelly are both pretty good QB's .
I like Heargraves III , he is easily the second best DB in this upcoming draft .
I would pick Alexander because I think he studies the game as hard as anyone ...to go along with his confident way and his elite athletic ability .
Maybe it will be one of those situations where in a few years they are both All Pros and where they went in the dtaft matters not .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 15, 2016, 10:23 AM

Jalen Ramsey was the guy in coverage on CAIN when we took the lead for good .
I am probably in the minority when I say that I do NOT feel like he is the clear cut best DB in this draft , but time will tell on that one .
There are others out there that will be drafted in the 3rd-6th rounds who may turn out to be better pros than Ramsey , Heargraves or Alexander . Just the way it goes .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 15, 2016, 11:34 AM

It was a screen though wasn't it? Meaning he would have to take on bigger blockers and make a tackle on an elusive WR.

How long did Alexander last vs Bama? He seemed gimpy from start.***

Feb 15, 2016, 9:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2016, 10:02 AM

I can tell you that his NFL grade was that he was the #1 DB in the draft and a top 10 pick.

Whether that happens or not I don't know but I can tell you that was his grade for a fact.

Feb 15, 2016, 10:10 AM

CK is actually a pretty good QB. He's better then Coker and Lambert IMO. I don't get why you call him a reject when he got ACCEPTED to Clemson? Lol

But back to the topic at hand. I agree with your point on VH getting lit up by Ridley and Mack shutting him down, that's a big testament of the two if you ask me. VH may have better numbers then Mack but that doesn't mean nothing. Both are lock down corners... I bet people don't remember we was this close???? to signing VH in 2013. Him and Mack on the same team would've been crazy!

This will be sorted out the only place it counts.

Feb 15, 2016, 10:20 AM

Draft Day!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic