Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Herbstreit has Clemson as a frontrunner for 2017
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

FB Update: Herbstreit has Clemson as a frontrunner for 2017

May 6, 2017, 12:48 PM

Herbstreit has Clemson as a frontrunner for 2017

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Herbstreit has Clemson as a frontrunner for 2017

May 6, 2017, 1:38 PM

2 each from ACC, SEC, PAC12, and B1G. What, OK missed cut again. Stoosp will be livid. (Not a typo). That's right, it's all in fun. ;)

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This ex-Buckie QB is so smart

May 6, 2017, 2:06 PM

And I like him for the most part, appreciated his picking 2016 Tiger Team to win Natty and sticking to it even when Pitt bruised us and then we had to go up against an undefeated Bama team.

Saying, he's at the top of the ESPN crop imho.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This ex-Buckie QB is so smart

May 6, 2017, 2:34 PM

I've never went along with the Herbstreit really loves Clemson as a FB team, but he is the most credible one in that ESEC PN cult. I am so serious when I say that I hope that Dabo will allow Scott and Elliott to start the QB they believe to be the best QB we have regardless of height, weight, race, or the color of their eyes!!! If he does that, I believe we will have a chance to make it back to the biggest game at the end of the season. Our players maybe younger players this season, but they all are just as good as what was at Clemson last year except for at the QB position, but please start the best one, and not necessarily the one that has been waiting the longest!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2017, 4:37 PM

Anyone that really follows Dabo KNOWS that he is very predictable when it comes to team SENIORITY. Especially at QB, the Tiger in waiting is the starter. For an example, just examine the Cole Stout era. Nothing against Stout, but DW4 could have won the Georgia game.
Expect more of the same with Kelly. I really hope Kelley does well... but I do expect to see a new starter emerge during the auburned out game.

May 6, 2017, 9:53 PM

So you are still ? Ings Dabo ?? D people are just dumb

May 6, 2017, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: This ex-Buckie QB is so smart ]

So you are still ? Ings Dabo ?? D people are just dumb

May 7, 2017, 9:26 AM

If I could understand what you typed... I think I would respond.

May 7, 2017, 4:07 PM

You're one of the dumb

May 6, 2017, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: This ex-Buckie QB is so smart ]

Hopefully, he learned a valuable lesson from that. Time will tell. I will go on record, though, that Kelly Bryant is not our best QB. I've seen too much evidence to the contrary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2017, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: This ex-Buckie QB is so smart ]

Love your comment...good, intelligent and accurate. I just see right through Herbie though.

Unfortunately, this ex-Buckie QB is smart enough to fool a lot of people.

May 6, 2017, 6:56 PM

Herbstreit has been good to Clemson for a long time. Back in the Bowden days he showed Clemson a lot of love, so he's certainly not just jumping on the bandwagon.

May 6, 2017, 9:55 PM [ in reply to This ex-Buckie QB is so smart ]

He definitely is the cream of the ESecPN crop, but he would be the cream of anyone's crop. He has convictions and he sticks with his thoughts, and not anyone else's. For this I give him an ESPY, or whatever those folks get. It gets no better than Kirk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Southern Cal? Really, Kirk? Wake me up when they actually become relevant again***

May 6, 2017, 5:03 PM

Re: Southern Cal? Really, Kirk? Wake me up when they actually become relevant again***

May 6, 2017, 6:57 PM

Do you not pay attention to college football outside of Clemson? Southern Cal is legit.

Re: Southern Cal? Really, Kirk? Wake me up when they actually become relevant again***

May 6, 2017, 7:36 PM

Yeah, Southern Cal will probably have the best quarterback in the country and first pick in the draft next year.

May 6, 2017, 8:10 PM

Yup, not to mention that despite being down, they've continued to recruit at an elite level, not unlike Miami. According to 247 Sports, USC's recruiting classes have been #4, #10, #2, #10 the past four years. They've got a talent-laden roster and have the potential to make waves if they put it all together. Having such a talented QB can make a world of difference too...we, more than any fanbase, should know that.

May 6, 2017, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Southern Cal? Really, Kirk? Wake me up when they actually become relevant again*** ]

TU, but I'm not sure they really are legit right now, but they are on the way to being the force they once were. That will be a good thing. There needs to be a really relevant West Coast team to keep the whole country engaged. Then when we spank that fanny, it will be a huge fall for them, but it will reinforce what we have known all along. The Eastern/Southern US sets "The Standard" in College FB.

Wake up because they are relevant again*****

May 6, 2017, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Southern Cal? Really, Kirk? Wake me up when they actually become relevant again*** ]

Re: Wake up because they are relevant again*****

May 6, 2017, 10:07 PM

I hope you are right. I've been hearing it for several years, and I'm sure it's coming. They do need to be relevant to bring the whole nation back to paying attention to the West Coast. It is a great repository for talent.

May 6, 2017, 5:06 PM

Listen.... Herbie NEVER said that on the air UNTIL Clemson played Alabama in the championship game.

"Well, I actually picked Clemson during the preseason to get back to the national championship and picked Clemson to beat bama due to a freshman at QB.

Question: did you watch the Alabama spring game last month. Herbie was there and it was televised on ESPN. Herbie and Galloway were glued to Satan ( I mean Saban). Please don't let this guy fool you... he is "All In" the SEC.

May 6, 2017, 5:34 PM

I just can't say enough...

Herbie and ESPN stated that " he picked Clemson over bama" early in preseason last year. But...

Look at his preseason statement this year... "too early for 4 teams now" so I will just throw out names of 8 to 9 teams. How can I be wrong? The one analyst that was vocal against the SEC WAS LAID OFF...
Herbie is an SEC official in an analyst costume.

Good Lord. The 8 teams Herb listed are all capable.

May 6, 2017, 8:40 PM

And yes, Herbie actually does like Clemson a lot. Said he wouldn't mind if his son attended Clemson.

But he's a professional and calls it like he sees it. Common sense will tell you FSU, Bama, and USC are freaking loaded this year and return their QBs.

Re: Good Lord. The 8 teams Herb listed are all capable.

May 8, 2017, 10:17 AM

Alabama didn't return their QB last year, and they were loaded, too. That was due to extremely talented depth across the board. We, also, have that kind of depth now. We will be just fine, provided we have a QB who is somewhat talented, and I believe we have several. I'm just not sure it is Kelly Bryant.

May 6, 2017, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Herbstreit has Clemson as a frontrunner for 2017 ]

Are you trolling or are you drunk?

May 6, 2017, 9:57 PM

He's a coot

May 6, 2017, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Herbstreit has Clemson as a frontrunner for 2017 ]

He's a coot

May 6, 2017, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Herbstreit has Clemson as a frontrunner for 2017 ]

Yes he picked clemson to win it all. Deal with it

May 6, 2017, 10:44 PM

Herby loves him some Clemson, and I love me some Herby for it!

I honestly don't get the fixation with LSU

May 7, 2017, 11:44 AM

I may be wrong but didn't someone with ESPN pick LSU to win the national title last year only to watch them go 8-4 and fire Les Miles midway through the season? And now they want to start the same old tune again? Herbie, I appreciate the love you show Clemson but when it comes to LSU that ship is sunk. Pick a new ship, preferably one that wins it's conference title and isn't considered one of the best four teams just because ESPN declares it only to watch that team get shutout in a semi-final. Just saying.

Re: I honestly don't get the fixation with LSU

May 7, 2017, 12:31 PM

Don't either. It does fixate on SEC, somewhat less now after some real gaffe predictions. Should be known as Extraordinary Stupid Prediction Network. Truthfully, early season predictions are notoriously inaccurate for good reasons. We all understand that. But we want to read them anyway. The Tigers are recruiting strongly and have for years. That's why our good coaching is now great and we're competitive with ANYONE and better than most. Tigers All In.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2017, 2:10 PM

I really like Herbie, and agree that he is the best analyst on the air, but he really irritated me the last 2 years with his inability to properly pronounce Ben's and Wayne's last names, even though his partner sitting a foot away did so perfectly. Two great players like that deserve to have their names pronounced correctly on national TV.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic