Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This bored has lost the luxury of calling out students now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

This bored has lost the luxury of calling out students now

Jan 13, 2018, 3:07 PM

Student section is packed. 2,000 students turned away for lack of seats. Line went around LJC and to Death Valley.

What’s more, there are 400 students in standing room while 1000 paying ticket holders are not in their seats.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get rid of the yellow/green shirts. If a seat is open let a

Jan 13, 2018, 3:32 PM

student use it.

Re: Get rid of the yellow/green shirts. If a seat is open let a

Jan 13, 2018, 3:37 PM

Agreed. Let them in the club seats.

I’m up here in the top row as a student. There are no bad seats in the new LJ

Agree the empty club seats look bad but

Jan 13, 2018, 5:32 PM

But many of those are watching from the club area.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can we raise enough h3II to get DRad to write a letter?

Jan 13, 2018, 3:34 PM

It happened with regards to the hill during Fball season...

Seriously, I agree about this situation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This bored has lost the luxury of calling out students now

Jan 13, 2018, 4:04 PM

Great job by students today. You can see and hear the difference . Students should always get the best seats. Keep showing up and things may improve..

Yes, the students decided to start supporting our team halfway through the season.

Jan 13, 2018, 4:24 PM

They don’t deserve any awards for that. I guess it’s better than nothing, but students at ANY school are going to support a top 20 team. Ours aren’t anything special in this regard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Yes, the students decided to start supporting our team halfway through the season.

Jan 13, 2018, 4:32 PM

Early semester, no HW , 3:00, beautiful day...top 20 team. Needs to become the norm not the anomaly.

For sure!***

Jan 13, 2018, 5:03 PM

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Yes, the students decided to start supporting our team halfway through the season.

Jan 13, 2018, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Yes, the students decided to start supporting our team halfway through the season. ]

Students showed up once winter break ended. Basketball can’t compete with FB in November and in December it’s exams and break. I was only able to go to two games in the fall. Spring time is wide open however.

Jan 13, 2018, 5:41 PM

"Basketball can't compete with FB in November."

This is a statement I simply don't understand. The two NEVER play home games on the same day, much less at exactly the same time as one another. The two are not competing against one another...at all.

Can’t compete with football?!? It shouldn’t be a competition.

Jan 13, 2018, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes, the students decided to start supporting our team halfway through the season. ]

How often do we have a football game and a basketball game at the same time? Answer: never!

There is no reason why we can’t be a football school AND a basketball school. The students have no excuse really. Tickets are free and the arena is on campus. Either they want to show up and support basketball or not. And it shouldn’t take a top 20 team stidenrs to show up and do their part.

Jan 13, 2018, 5:21 PM

Yes, the club seating situation is terrible. Dozens of the very best seats ALWAYS empty. The AD needs to address this.

Jan 13, 2018, 5:42 PM

Club seats are sold out for the year. Clemson has its money. And most of the ticket holders are watching from the club at the top of that section. Very small chance anything happens for the foreseeable future in this area.

Jan 13, 2018, 7:18 PM

Yeah, AD got some $$ - not all that much $1-2M max. For that we have an empty sideline for every game. It’s a terrible look and it negatively affects home court enthusiasm and advantage.

Jan 13, 2018, 7:43 PM

There are 400 plus club seats and each seat costs $25,000. That is at least $10,000,000
over the five year license period. Also I believe the seat owner must purchase a season ticket each year. I agree empty seats don’t look good, but the money from those seats is important to Clemson’s athletic budget.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic