Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This basketball board is full of.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

This basketball board is full of.....

Jan 25, 2021, 9:06 AM

Overemotional pre-teens.

It’s funny when all the posts start flooding in when we lose a few games. It’s like you all are looking for us to lose.

We lost 3 games to good teams. This has happened before and will happen again.

UVA - defending national champ
GT - on the road against the oldest and most veteran team in the country. I know you low IQ basketball fans just think GT sucks but that is not the case.
FSU - On the road against arguably the most talented team in the ACC.

Now I know a lot of you are just going to say it’s not the fact that we lost, it’s the fact that we got blown out.... we’ll make up your mind! If we lost 3 close games in a row it would be “derp Brownell” can’t win close games” and you know that’s true.

So my question to you haters is, what were your expectations going in the season? Elite 8? Final 4?

Because you realize we are still projected to go to the tourney. And the remaining ACC schedule sets up very nicely for us.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ll play your little game - without all the very mature

Jan 25, 2021, 9:14 AM

name-calling - speaking of pre-teens ......

Since we were told all of the last year that THIS year was the year that Brownell would have his most talented and deepest team ......

AT LEAST BE COMPETITIVE IN ALL OUR GAMES. MAKE IT SEEM LIKE YOU WANT TO BE THERE.

That’s all. After 45 years of Clemson basketball, with 2 or 3 notable exceptions, that’s all I ever expect - except when we are REALLY bad - and there have been MANY of those years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I will say... that i can't argue with you.

Jan 25, 2021, 9:38 AM

For a team that has the number of talented players that we have this year... i mean (simms/dawes/honor/hemenway) all can consistently hit from outside. Ball handlers (Trapp/Honor/Dawes) as the main guys but even our big guys (Tyson/Simms/Baehre) can handle the ball and are not liabilities on the floor. Experience is there with Newman who can pitch in and get you double digit points every so often.... Then you've got PJ Hall who might be the most complete Freshman Big Man that we've had at Clemson...

All that said and they get blown out by 20 or more, 3 consecutive games to similar/talent teams..?!?! Like what happens to us mid season? My brother made a good point about Honor the other day. He mentioned that he liked his style early in the year bc Coach Brownell hadn't made him play scared yet. He was driving to the bucket, had the confidence to keep shooting and make tough shots. But now it looks like he's thinking too much and not just reading and reacting like he did earlier in the year. Does coach Brownell have these guys overloaded on scheme and thinking too much? I think they're always worried about not being in the perfect position that they forget to just ball out.

Either way. WE seem to always hit this tight/scared play mid season. And we usually don't shake it off. I thought this team had enough bright spots to overcome the occasionally cold night from Simms or Dawes. That we had enough quality and depth that someone else would pick up the slack.. good teams dont' get dominated by teams like these. We are just as good as those teams but to get beat big for 3 in a row...something has changed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This basketball board is full of.....

Jan 25, 2021, 9:17 AM

Another factor to consider is this three game slide occurred after an unscheduled break and pause of all play and practice.

But I think what most people are disappointed in is the way we lost. It wasn’t even close. (Except double OT) but getting blown out vs losing close games to good competition are apples and oranges

I'm pulling hard for both men and lady Tiger teams. I

Jan 25, 2021, 9:19 AM

believe the lay-off hurt the rhythm. We will bounce back.

My thoughts are we'll make the NCAA's and hopefully do well. We have the talent, experience and coaching. Just got to get hot at the right time and stay hot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope springs eternal in the souls of utes - Vinny Gambini

Jan 25, 2021, 9:23 AM

Morning, Mo F O . . . . hope it is a great week for you & yours !

(I'm TU'ing this because it is a great sentiment . . . not that I think it will happen. I HOPE WE freaking win the ACC tourney and cut down the nets at the end of basketball season, BUT . . . . we've been sold this Bill of Goods MANY, MANY times before.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

There is always "hope". I'd love to see us cut the nets at

Jan 25, 2021, 9:40 AM

the ACCT. That would be awesome and our first.

Good morning RtT!! Always wishing you and yours a safe and great week!! Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heck Mo FO - I'm talking about cutting down the nets at the

Jan 25, 2021, 10:57 AM

VERY end of hoops season . . . . would LOVE to have a Basketball National Championship to go with our football, soccer & golf hardware ! ! !

And I could not possibly care less who the coach is that would lead us there - Brownell, YOU, me, Dean Smith . . . OK - maybe NOT Dean Smith . . . . but - WHOEVER - just get us there !

Jan 25, 2021, 9:28 AM

I know that it seems hard to believe, but there are some that hate Brownell so much, that they are glad to see our guys lose only bc BB is the HC, pathetic I know, but true!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2021, 9:30 AM

I think if the games were closer those fans would be less critical. They were supposedly pretty ugly.

Jan 25, 2021, 9:54 AM

No they wouldn’t. I’ve read this board for the entire brownell tenure. Any time we lose no matter the point difference the over-emotional, low IQ basketball posters come on here to complain. It would literally be no different.

The last 3 games sucked. They were depressing to watch. But, we have still exceeded my expectations so far this year. We are still on track to make the tourney.

Why are you telling us

Jan 25, 2021, 9:34 AM

that we realize we are projected to go to the tourney?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's only going to get worse...

Jan 25, 2021, 9:46 AM

after what may well be another one-sided loss to Lewisville on Wednesday.

Apparently COVID has mind altering side side effects.

In a span of just a couple of weeks, what was once a pretty solid basketball team completely forgot how to shoot and defend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: It's only going to get worse...

Jan 25, 2021, 10:08 AM

Glad to see you are so optimistic.

So you think we play similar to the last 3
Games for the rest of the season?

I didn't expect the team to play that badly...

Jan 25, 2021, 10:18 AM

in the last three games, but I have not seen anything that leads me to believe it's going to improve.

Have you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I didn't expect the team to play that badly...

Jan 25, 2021, 10:25 AM

Well we have played 10 games of pretty solid basketball and only 3 games of extremely poor basketball after we had to shut down the program due to COVID. I expect the team to get back to our level of play for the first 10 games at some point this season. I still predict that we make the tourney.

I sure hope you're right***

Jan 25, 2021, 11:07 AM

Jan 25, 2021, 11:13 AM

Over emotional! "What me worry"! I'm not the least worried about losing a few games, but double digit blowouts are a completely different matter. And it's no different with close loses either.
Oh, and the last time I was a teenager was 1969.
And when is Clemson expected to start winning these games against good teams;
When the cows come home?
So you ask us haters what out expectations were going into the season.
Well ,you will hate my answer.
I expected the same thing that I expect out of the football team. It's a one game season, "The Next Game".
And right now if Dabo had lost 3 in a row, let alone 3 in the last year, you would be calling for his head on that silver platter.
Dabo has won 2 National Championships ,and 6 straight ACC Titles in 12 years.
Brad has not advanced past the first round of the NCAA Tournament once and you think we are Final 4 material. And he is in his 11th season.
And please don't tell me we are not a basketball school. Neither is Florida State.

Jan 25, 2021, 11:48 AM

Wow, you made a lot of assumptions in your post.

Dabo could definitely struggle for multiple years and I would not be calling for his head. What a wild assumption by you. Also silly comparison between Clemson basketball and
Football. Also comparing schedule is equally dumb. You realize there are 12 games scheduled in basketball and there are 25 this year in basketball. Losing 3 games in basketball is different than football.

I’m more talking about the the people that we haven’t heard from all year coming out of the woodwork to cry about Brownell. Or the people that go 0 to 100 based on 3 games out of 14

People need to have realistic expectations. We are right on track to where I thought we should be pre-season. Need to pick it back up.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic