Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This ain’t gonna be a popular opinion, but...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

This ain’t gonna be a popular opinion, but...

Jan 2, 2018, 10:44 PM

For all this team does well, they are missing that mental edge that they clearly forgot last night. I saw a definitive difference between the two teams in the way that they held themselves. Before the game, I felt that Clemson’s chances were really good to win convincingly, and prove that they really were the top dogs in the country. But Clemson let Alabama dictate the game from the opening kickoff. They let that first hit to the face turn into body blow after body blow. Missed assignments. Absent OL. No sense of urgency. And as for the defense, it was really puzzling to have guys like Tre Lamar suit up not to play a single snap. The point I really want to make is that the mentality of proving your worth week in and week out is crucial. We saw it first hand. The ugly truth is that what you did in the last game has no bearing. I don’t advocate for the outright disrespect of a FEW Alabama players (ie not all) but I admire their grit. I know the coaching staff wants Clemson to be a model program for the country and they will do it their way, but if they don’t have that mental edge and relentless domination about them every game it may not matter how many 4* and 5* recruits they reel in every year. Let’s face it - Clemson’s manhood was questioned by Alabama and the whole country got to see it in primetime. Here’s to hoping they erase ALL doubt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This ain’t gonna be a popular opinion, but...

Jan 2, 2018, 11:46 PM

Our manhood isn't questioned. We can leave this season, INCLUDING that loss, with our heads held high. Our guys played their tails off. Our defense had us in that game midway through the 3rd quarter. If not for a tipped balled that the Bama lineman caught, who knows where the game could have gone? True, we probably still didn't have the offense to win, but it wasn't out of control until just then.

Bama played tough. They hit hard. They always do. We couldn't move the ball and we had a couple critical injuries with Tee and Etienne. But I am proud of my Tigers, and I'll remember this season fondly.

Plus, I know the ballers that are right behind these men.

We played clean and tough

Jan 2, 2018, 11:52 PM

We all have to admit: that DB that spouted off in the post game, regardless of talent, isn’t somebody who could play on our team. Everything I heard from him made me think, this is a guy who eventually self-destructs. Maybe he makes it to the NFL and tries to injure an opposing WR, only to find out his own locker room wii kick his @ss. Maybe not.

Jan 3, 2018, 1:04 AM

I have to disagree with about everything you said in your post. I don’t know how much you know about team Sports, but IMO this Clemson team may very well be remembered as the overachiever’s. We were predicted to finish 9-5 or 10-4. We finished 12-2.

I am proud of what this team accomplished this year. We had 2 freshman RB’s who will become better pass blockers next year. And as far as developing talent no one does it quite like Dabo and Co. I am backing Dabo and his staff becsuse for the past 7 years we have won 10 or more games, played for 3 NC’s the last 3 years and we have refurbished our lost talent. And won several ACC championships.

We did not bring out A game Monday night and Bama did play one of their better games this year. I felt like our D played very well. I would say Monday nights game came down to 5 to 7 plays. It’s hard to say what would have happened had Clemson got the call or caught a break on the play.

I felt like the officiating crew missed 5 or 6 key game changing calls. During our first or second series Bama was guilty of PI on Hunter Renfrow, a couple of Bama holding calls, and what was a big play when Bama’s giant lineman caught the TD pass he definitely was guilty of a lineman downfield or offensive PI. The they called Clemson for 2 phantom PI calls. These calls IMO changed the game. Officials always have an impact on the outcome of a game. In the case of this game Clemson just did not get the calls or any breaks.

Our very experienced O-line got pushed around some Monday night. But it was a team loss. I don’t think you can pick out one specific thing or play. We lost to a motivated Bama team. And congrats to Clemson for handling this loss with Class!

Even though we lost Monday night I still feel great about where our program is headed. We will be back , we will win another NC before or by 2020 and we will beat Bama again. And I thought Tre Lamar was injured on that phantom PI call against Clemson.

It’s ok to be disappointed in Monday nights loss but don’t stay down to long I am more excited than ever about the future success of Clemson football. And wendid not lose our manhood Monday night, we lost a game.

Clemson’s football future has never looked brighter than right now. And I am one fan who cannot wait until next year.

Go Tigers! Proud of this 2017 team and all that this senior class achieved. If you are a true Clemson fan, you have to be excited about the future of Clemson football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 9:36 AM

Re-read your post them read postgame comments from DE Clelin Ferrell below.

“We had a bunch of different issues. No matter how good the practices were, no matter how good we lifted and no matter how good the game plan was, you have to go out there and perform. As a team, we didn't do that. It was all three levels - offense, defense and special teams. We didn't play well as a team. Hats off to Alabama - they came ready to play and that's really the biggest deal.”

The game was decided in the trenches.

“That is how it should be. That is where the game happens,” . The trenches will always decide a game like this and today it shows. You never can see yourself getting butt-whipped liked that. It's hard. It's hard looking up at that scoreboard. We didn't see this coming at all. No one in this locker room saw this coming. But we didn't come ready to play and Alabama did. No regrets. We just had a poor performance.”

Just because the score isn’t 50-0 doesn’t mean the game isn’t a blowout. The game was not decod d by 5-6 plays or the referees. Alabama knee everything that Clemson would do & answered it. The scoreboard, mathematically, may not be out of hand, but this game was over early. Thank goodness for the Hurts Fumble (Clemson gained -5 yds on that drive) or Clemson would had only the one field goal.

Clemson didn’t & couldn’t score. When a team can’t score, the moment the score went 17-6 the game was over. 24-6 made it a blowout.
Clemson had 98 Total Yards with 9 minutes to go in the game. Bame entered into somewhat of A prevent defense, if they hadn’t the yardage total would have been even worse

Jan 3, 2018, 9:21 AM

We weathered their storm and were about to go up on them when a crazy good play by their D happened that changed the game. No question of manhood. It was an even defensive game and they made a couple more plays.

Jan 3, 2018, 9:27 AM

It all starts at the top. Saban had his team mentally ready and everyone on here were pointing and laughing posting that Saban didn't let his team have fun in New Orleans and they were too tight. This is why you don't have fun during bowl trips.

Jan 3, 2018, 9:27 AM

It all starts at the top. Saban had his team mentally ready and everyone on here were pointing and laughing posting that Saban didn't let his team have fun in New Orleans and they were too tight. This is why you don't have fun during bowl trips.

Jan 3, 2018, 9:35 AM

I'm pretty sure Dabo let his team have fun on most all of his bowl trips, including the last three years of the playoffs where we have a 3-2 record with 2 very convincing semi-final wins and of course the national championship game.

If you go past that in non-playoff bowl games Dabo won his last 3 over Oklahoma, Ohio State, and LSU. So to say "This is why you don't have fun on bowl trips" when we have obviously had success with that strategy in the past is a bit misguided.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 9:48 AM

With all due respect, the game DID hinge on just 3 or 4 plays. Scores don't tell all. Does that mean Bama wasn't better...not in the least. Nor does it mean Clemson wasn't competitive and in position to win the game.

Every game has a winner and a loser. It doesn't mean the losing team are losers...but to hear classless fans from the winning side 'crow' and band-wagoners from the losers whine, you would think all that led up to Monday night was simply noise. I find both types of fans exceedingly pathetic...but...it also suggests how they march through their daily lives.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 10:33 AM

Yes you are correct. When KB was driving the offense down the field in the 3rd down by 4, a TD would've completely shifted the game. But that didn't happen. Football is a game of good fortune sometimes, and Clemson was unfortunate. But after that DL touchdown, KB goes out and throws a pass that gets deflected and lands in the hands of a virtually one-handed LB to get returned for 6. After that sequence of plays, Clemson lost everything. You can't really control stuff like that. But you can control the output. Isn't that a Daboism - You can't control the output but you can control the input? After that pick six, all life went out of the team. It was painful to watch all those slumped shoulders. I know it's easy to be an arm-chair coach, but I know what I saw, and I was disappointed. If this game were 10 years ago, a Bowden-lead Clemson team would probably have lost 38-6. That shows how far the program has come. But Monday night showed that there is still progress to make.

Clueless*****

Jan 3, 2018, 9:49 AM

Jan 3, 2018, 10:37 AM

Of all the things you said the one thing that stands out is Tre Lamar not playing. Dabo said he was healthy. We needed his size and speed. While the defense did not lose the game for us, they actually played pretty well, Tre continues the narrative of coaches giving playing time not based on ability but something else. Hard to figure that one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 10:39 AM

Shut up.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic