Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This QB situation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,306

This QB situation

Jan 24, 2017, 5:15 PM

The next few years is going to be extrenely interesting. I think Hunter Johnson is going to be really good but I don't know how you keep Lawrence on the bench even if it is for a year. Not to mention Cooper

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm Ascared!

Jan 24, 2017, 5:16 PM

Should be a barn burner of a competition!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This QB situation

Jan 24, 2017, 5:20 PM

Great problem to have. The only issue that may arise is that what if Cooper or Johnson takes over and lights the world on fire and that could cause Trevor Lawrence to look elsewhere. Also, when you have all of that talent at a position where you can only have one on the field at a time you start to wonder if people may transfer a few years down the road.

I'm not considering Kelly Bryant a factor for all that since he's a rising junior. The other two are freshmen.

Jan 24, 2017, 5:27 PM

Happened at Bammy this year. I'm sure the QB situation will be hard to fill there going forward. As a young man, you can try to start at Alabama or almost certainly start someplace else.
Enter Chad Kelly--started somewhere else.
Disclaimer--no National Champonship, but maybe NFL notices if applicable

Jan 24, 2017, 7:36 PM

If you ask I'd say that Bama started the wrong QB for the season

Jan 25, 2017, 6:29 AM

Bama agrees....that's why they switched during their first game ;)

These pretzels

Jan 24, 2017, 5:22 PM

are making me thirsty.

But also excited about QBs. Don't forget about Tucker.

Jan 24, 2017, 5:23 PM

I just hope the coaches made it crystal clear to Lawrence about a possible redshirt. May sound crazy but it makes a ton of sense believe it or not.

Jan 24, 2017, 5:26 PM

Yeah you definitely want to space out your quarterbacks if possible

Unless you can land the number one guy back to back

Jan 24, 2017, 6:42 PM

then you just take them

Jan 24, 2017, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Re: This QB situation ]

They would only ask Lawrence to redshirt if a current QB was doing VERY well. He likely comes in and gets a shot at winning the job, and winning it. Lawrence's stats are off the charts good.

it's gonna be Kelly Bryant guys...

Jan 24, 2017, 10:30 PM

people are gonna gripe but that's just how it is. dabo isn't running a freshman out there against Auburn or at Louisville.

Did you see DWs 1st td drive?***

Jan 25, 2017, 8:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 25, 2017, 2:19 AM

Sorry... but it's a battle for 1&2 between Zerrick and Johnson. I trust Bryant has improved under Streeter, but not enough to keep the young bloods from taking the job. (Haven't heard enough about Tucker yet and I sure he will battle with the rest of 'Em.) Who ever wins it needs to be a pass threat or we're a one dimensional team. Right now Kelly hasn't been one. With our RB situation also in the air btw Choice, Fuller, and 28 (hoping Feaster earns the start and he's mastered he pass block) - we need a strong arm to spread the teams out and KellyB just doesn't bring the gun to the show, as far as we've seen. In the end I trust Dabo and Co. but I'll wince if Kelly trotts out on first team-->

Go Tigers ! What an embarrassment of riches!
#### good to be a tiger
??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2017, 7:37 AM

You my friend are exactly right. I would rather have someone comfortable taking shots down field than try and run every play. Kelly may be a great kid but I wouldn't say he is our best option.

Jan 25, 2017, 6:25 AM

QB is the hardest position to project. A guy can have all the physical talent in the world but you never know how quickly they will grasp the offense, can they read defenses, can they handle the pressure and make good decisions. There is just an "it" factor that good QB's have that can't be taught. For that reason, you take as many highly rated QB recruits that you can get you hands on and you hope one of them pans out to be great.

Jan 25, 2017, 6:38 AM

Tucker needs to simply graduate and go somewhere in need of a quarterback. Other backup quarterbacks have done it and succeeded. That might be his most logical step.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2017, 8:20 AM

Don't forget Chase Brice. I'm not sure where all these guys fit in, but I guess it's a good problem to have!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we should just rotate 3 QB's thru the first 3 quarters and

Jan 25, 2017, 8:23 AM

then let the players decide who gets to play the 4th quarter

null

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,306
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic