Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honestly, I thought SCU did this years ago....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Honestly, I thought SCU did this years ago....

Jul 13, 2020, 10:57 AM

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Students applying for freshman admission to the University of South Carolina’s Columbia campus will not have to submit standardized SAT or ACT test scores for the 2021 spring, summer or fall terms.

The one-year pilot program was recently approved by the Faculty Senate Committee on Admissions in light of testing interruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the university said in a news release Friday.

“We hope it will ultimately expand access to our institution, which is here to serve the students of South Carolina and beyond, even during uncertain times,” said university president Bob Caslen in a statement.

Students applying without the test scores can provide supplemental materials in their application, the university said.

The policy to make the tests optional applies to students seeking general and honors college admission, as well as those applying for merit scholarships.

https://www.wbtw.com/news/state-regional-news/the-university-of-south-carolina-says-sat-act-optional-for-2021/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I assume "supplemental materials" includes proof that

Jul 13, 2020, 11:02 AM

the student can color in between the lines at least 35% of the time?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Second question on new application:

Jul 13, 2020, 11:06 AM

"What's your favorite glue paste flavor"?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Third question on new application:

Jul 13, 2020, 11:14 AM

Can you name at least 3 of the 50 US States?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Fourth question on new application:

Jul 13, 2020, 11:43 AM

"Will you require special daily assistance to velcro your shoes?"

Re: Fifth question on new application:

Jul 13, 2020, 11:52 AM

Which comes first, 1,500 or 1,000 yards? (Hint: George Rogers had no idea)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sixth question on new application:

Jul 13, 2020, 1:22 PM

Do you currently have a pulse? Select yes or no.

Re: Sixth question on new application:

Jul 13, 2020, 1:30 PM

They'll never make it to 6 questions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bonus question on new application:

Jul 13, 2020, 1:32 PM

Do you understand that 42 is less than 71? (Higher math skills required)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Bonus question on new application:

Jul 13, 2020, 2:00 PM

If they write anything other than "PEPSI!" then they get partial credit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seventh question on new application:

Jul 13, 2020, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Sixth question on new application: ]

If your mommy has 5 one-dollar bills and she comes back from the strip club with 12 one dollar bills, how much crack money did she earn that night?

Re: Seventh question on new application:

Jul 14, 2020, 7:37 AM

Zero. It a trick question. Everyone knows she spends all her money on meth.

Re: Third question on new application:***

Jul 13, 2020, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Third question on new application: ]

Re: Third question on new application:

Jul 13, 2020, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Third question on new application: ]

Solid, liquid, and gas

Re: Third question on new application:

Jul 13, 2020, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Third question on new application: ]

no, but i’ll try...

clemson, the bronx, costco

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Second question on new application:

Jul 13, 2020, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Second question on new application: ]

mocha

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Honestly, I thought SCU did this years ago....

Jul 13, 2020, 1:59 PM

Wow, this will finally raise their test scores!

They are officially the academic equivalent of a Louisiana kindergarten class***

Jul 13, 2020, 4:59 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic