Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Actions speak louder than words." - CT88's Granny
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,384

"Actions speak louder than words." - CT88's Granny

Nov 19, 2014, 1:40 AM

I swear, even 20 years after she's gone I can still remember every one of those 'old-folks,' sayings. I'm sure I didn't understand the full depth of wisdom of all her saying when I first heard them. They seem to have become more and more powerful, effective and profound as the years pass. Even now I can't be positive I get the full gist.

Dabo named Cole as starter for this year's Senior Game. Remember, actions still speak louder than words. So what's Dabo saying?

Cole is the better quarterback of the two deep? Maybe.
Cole will start because he's a senior? That would be my reason but I probably would tell anyone.
Dabo has confidence that Cole is going to work through the funk and win this game? That's the most likely reason, IMO, Dabo raised his voice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Actions speak louder than words." - CT88's Granny

Nov 19, 2014, 1:45 AM

I'm pretty sure you could start at QB and win this game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think about Cole's perspective.

Nov 19, 2014, 1:56 AM

The point is that Dabo wants Cole to know he trust in his ability to overcome this adversity and he'd better do in a week or his ### will be replaced by a walkon twice in his senior year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Think about Cole's perspective.

Nov 19, 2014, 2:59 AM

> The point is that Dabo wants Cole to know he trust in
> his ability to overcome this adversity and he'd
> better do in a week or his ### will be replaced by a
> walkon twice in his senior year.

What is Cole goes out in the first quarter and throw two interceptions. No points and 75yds in the first half. The crowd is restless and the team is deflated. What would you do? Very likely to happen. His problems surppàss confidence he lacks arm strength and the ability to anticipate throws and to read coverages. What is the point of knowing the playbook without the ability the execute plays from the book?

Nov 19, 2014, 7:48 AM

Has nobody not noticed the instant Cole picks up the receiver that a play was designed for, open or not, he never takes his eyes off of them to look for an open receiver. That is exactly why he is being picked off. I'm sure that from what you practice, you should know about where that receiver should be on every play, look down another receiver then go to your intended receiver, but he just don't do that. Its either poor coaching, or the moment is just to overwhelming for Cole. Put a small rock in his shoe to remind him to not look down his intended receiver.................

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2014, 3:14 AM [ in reply to Think about Cole's perspective. ]

I can agree with that and I hope Cole can play a good game but its not like we are about to play world beaters. But by the way that walk on had more big time offers than Cole. I would just like to see what Nick could do instead of trying to find moral victories for Cole because regardless of who plays we will win the game.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,384
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic