Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"I can't pull for FSU no matter what!"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

"I can't pull for FSU no matter what!"

Dec 9, 2013, 6:29 AM

OK, if that's how you see it, fine. However, it sure would be nice to hand Infamous Jamis the first loss of his young NCAA career. Even nicer if they are ranked #1 when they come to Death Valley.

That's how it got the name, if I'm remembering correctly.

Somebody should think this through. It's not about the ACC it's about Clemson and our future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think About What you just said....

Dec 9, 2013, 6:32 AM

An FSU win does help Clemson....

If FSU and Clemson win their BCS Bowls against really good teams, that helps the ACC image which can have a positive impact on recruiting and future TV revenue....

Wanting FSU to win is not the same as "pulling" for them....

We "need" them to win....Just pinch your nose...it will be ok

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Think About What you just said....

Dec 9, 2013, 6:35 AM

I wasn't addressing those of you who've thought this through and know what's right for Clemson. Thanks for adding extra insight, brah.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2013, 6:40 AM [ in reply to Think About What you just said.... ]

We recruit against them and them winning will not help our recruiting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We recruit against a lot of teams....

Dec 9, 2013, 8:02 AM

There are only 85 Scholarships per team...There are plenty of recruits for both...we have be recruiting against FSU for decades...not a big stretch there.

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Dec 9, 2013, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Think About What you just said.... ]

If Clemson wins that helps Clemson

FSU winning never has and never will help Clemson.

Stop buying that SEC crap

Dec 9, 2013, 9:24 AM

Nailed it...Clemson is our brand, not the ACC..Unlike some schools in the SEC who promote the conference first and their school second..Plus I have family at Auburn and they are nice to Clemson people..I am pulling for Auburn..

Fsu win

Dec 9, 2013, 6:44 AM

We get a chance to knock off another national champion if they win. We won't play auburn next year,except maybe in a bowl game. It will be better for us as a conference, when we both win

I doubt..

Dec 9, 2013, 7:11 AM

he ever plays in DV again.

Agreed...

Dec 9, 2013, 9:16 AM

I would say he turns pro after next season.

Yeah, I caught that after someone pointed out...

Dec 9, 2013, 4:45 PM [ in reply to I doubt.. ]

next year we go to Tally.

They won't be coming to Clemson bud.

Dec 9, 2013, 7:19 AM

Also it is unfathomable to me how people are already so confident we are going to beat them next year. I don't know how year after year, people keep predicting these huge blowouts against good teams. We've beaten very few great teams, and haven't blown out 1. I know you're not saying we will blow them out here, but it's the same mentality. They came into Death Valley and absolutely crushed us. Suddenly we are going to go to Tally, with a new QB, WR, no Sammy, and beat them? Consider me skeptical.

Re: They won't be coming to Clemson bud.

Dec 9, 2013, 8:25 AM

I find it unfathomable that you still act like you're a Clemson fan!

I don't call you skeptical, I call you COOT!!!!

Re: "I can't pull for SEC team to win the last bsc nc "

Dec 9, 2013, 7:29 AM

ACC ! ACC ! ACC!

not routing for fsu but for the ACC !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. No way would I pull for the SEC to win an 8th

Dec 9, 2013, 8:20 AM

straight title and especially Auburn who already scammed their way to one in 2010.

Re: Exactly. No way would I pull for the SEC to win an 8th

Dec 9, 2013, 10:38 AM

Two new Auburn books:
Scam and the Bag Man
Whatever their qb's name and the Fence

Rooting for FSU is a mixed bag

Dec 9, 2013, 8:17 AM

FSU winning the BCSCG has good and bad aspects to it. The most negative thing I can think of is that it adversely and directly damages Clemson's ability to compete against them in recruiting. And winning in Tallahassee next year will be all that much more difficut. However, some positive aspects I can think of:

+ The conference gets some respect, which it needs--for recruiting, for polling, for bowl game negotiations, etc. Like it or not, Clemson is judged on the caliber of our conference and opponents.

+ It shuts up the SEC talk for a while (I'd say oh, about 14 seconds)

+ It hurts SEC and Auburn recruiting, against both of whom we also compete directly.

+ It will make E$PN feel like it's eating a sh!t sandwich

There is no love lost between me and FSU, and out of all the SEC teams Auburn is probably my least-hated. However the choice of whom to root for in the national championship game is very clear-cut. I will be pulling for FSU without hesitation.

Re: Rooting for FSU is a mixed bag

Dec 9, 2013, 8:27 AM

The conference gets some respect, which it needs--for recruiting, for polling, for bowl game negotiations, etc. Like it or not, Clemson is judged on the caliber of our conference and opponents.

Clemson has been in the top 14 all year so your statement above is false

Dec 9, 2013, 9:36 AM

I have to respectfully disagree here. In my opinion, the conference won't get respect based on an FSU win. The critics will simply begin to say that FSU doesn't belong in the ACC and they are so far above and beyond other ACC teams - more like an SEC team. It will be disgusting how they will play it.

The ACC will get respect when Miami and VT get back into it, and when Clemson stops pulling ... well ... you know what I mean.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2013, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Rooting for FSU is a mixed bag ]

Perhaps I should have said partially judged. However the statement is not false. Among other things, our standings in the BCS and the future playoff system depend partly on computer polls, which are influenced greatly by strength of conference schedule.

Sorry you are dead wrong..We..as in Clemson fans..must pull

Dec 9, 2013, 8:35 AM

for FSU against the inflated ego of the SEC. I Rather lose to the national champs they way we did then let " golden horseshoe up our butts" Auburn wins the NC game. Come on dude!

Re: "I can't pull for FSU no matter what!"...... I CAN

Dec 9, 2013, 9:15 AM

I hope they beat Aub by 50

Except we should play them in Tallahassee next year

Dec 9, 2013, 9:18 AM

I don't want to wait to hand him his first loss in Death Valley.

Yeah, I get a confuse sometimes.***

Dec 9, 2013, 4:47 PM

I wouldn't say we're going to crush anybody mixed year

Dec 9, 2013, 9:35 AM

anybody next year. But as crazy as it sounds I think we will be a better team next year. If Kelly plays quarterback, we will have a true run threat. Our D should be improved. Although will lose several good players I think overall were going to be better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic