Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson releases post-spring depth chart
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Clemson releases post-spring depth chart

Apr 25, 2012, 10:10 AM

Clemson releases post-spring depth chart

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson releases post-spring depth chart

Apr 25, 2012, 10:15 AM

got a lot of "ors " on defense. Good or bad? competition is good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just means there's not a clear starter yet. It's very good.

Apr 25, 2012, 11:11 AM

Players pushing each other is great for keeping energy high during practice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

We've been to the ACC title game 2 of the past 3 years, won

Apr 25, 2012, 10:17 AM

the ACC and went to a BCS bowl last year. Now this season we come in with high expectations, maybe a high ranking, and thoughts of repeating as conference champions and our depth chart is filled with youth from top to bottom. If that doesn't signal a program moving in the right direction, I don't know what does!

Look at the youth on this team

Apr 25, 2012, 10:19 AM

Assuming Tajh and Nuk return next year....wow. Anything less than a BCS game win, win over SC and an ACC Championship in at least one of next 2 years is underachieving.

Im guessing Pinion will start at punter

Apr 25, 2012, 10:33 AM

in the fall. We are set for the next four years, hopefully we wont need him much though.

No Mike Bellamy to be seen? interesting.***

Apr 25, 2012, 10:28 AM

Re: No Mike Bellamy to be seen? interesting.***

Apr 25, 2012, 10:33 AM

Very interesting...I would have at least thought we would have seen 3 deep at RB. Doghouse again?

Incentive to keep working.

Apr 25, 2012, 10:38 AM

Dabo's teaching him a lesson. Keep scratching and clawing & doing things the right way both on and off the field, and you'll earn your spot on the 2-deep.

No surprise and no doghouse

Apr 25, 2012, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: No Mike Bellamy to be seen? interesting.*** ]

The coaches have been pretty good about updating Bellamy's status and he seems to be making a lot of strides and becoming the player everyone thinks he can be. As of right now it seems Mike needs to work on his blocking/pass protection before he can start making a dent on the depth chart. DJ Howard's been doing really well so we're pretty secure at that position.

DJ is no pushover fellas...***

Apr 25, 2012, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Re: No Mike Bellamy to be seen? interesting.*** ]

Re: No Mike Bellamy to be seen? interesting.***

Apr 26, 2012, 12:43 AM [ in reply to Re: No Mike Bellamy to be seen? interesting.*** ]

It's part of Dabo's doghouse issue. At Lexington Prowel and Growel, he said Bellamy is still in the dog house but is trying hard and making progress. A direct quote was, "Bellamy knows he needs Clemson more than we need him." It was clear that one more incident will send him packing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mike needs to work on pass pro and ball control

Apr 25, 2012, 9:42 PM [ in reply to No Mike Bellamy to be seen? interesting.*** ]

I really like Mike and can't wait to see what he's going to do with the ball. Problem is that when he's on the field you know it's a run. He's not in there to block. My heart also stops whenever he has the ball. Hopefully he'll get the fumble bug under control this year. All stories point to that being turned around a bit though. Can't wait to see what his soph year will be like.

Re: Mike needs to work on pass pro and ball control

Apr 25, 2012, 9:52 PM

Mike needs to be a kick off returner. He has great vision and speed and this will give him confidence when he comes in the game at running back. Also, they should pitch the ball to Mike in a deep set and let him find holes and run to daylight.

I also LIKE MIKE ... best way to improve is GET REPS

Apr 25, 2012, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Mike needs to work on pass pro and ball control ]

We can be cute and not list him on depth chart, and he can leave and win a Heisman at UF in 2 yrs ... I don't call that a win-win. Give him some reps and respect. Yes, he needs to improve ball control and pass blocking. And yes, his talent is phenomenal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I also LIKE MIKE ... best way to improve is GET REPS

Apr 26, 2012, 12:06 AM

You act like b/c his name is Mike Bellamy that he should be listed on the two deep. He has A LOT to work on (playbook, blocking, holding on to the football, off-field issues, etc etc etc). DJ Howard is no bum fellas. He clearly has beat out Bellamy this spring. It is a two deep depth chart and I wouldn't have him backing up Ellington either. Yeah, he has phenomenal talent and needs touches. However, he also has a lot of other things to do to be an effective player for this team. All signs point in the right direction, but the turnovers are killing his chances of playing; Chad won't stand for it. I don't think it is anyone being cute and not listing him on the depth chart and get off the ledge talking about him leaving and going to UF and winning a Heisman, just ridiculous. I will give respect where it is due and if he can hold onto the ball and not forget that his first time playing in a college game he is supposed to get the ball, he just may earn it. At this point, I don't have any confidence in him holding on to the ball consistently.

Respect your right to your opinion & sticking with mine ...

Apr 28, 2012, 5:51 PM

Bellamy has NFL talent and led team with ypc last year ... our HC and OC are making millions of dollars so teach Bellamy how to hold on to ball and give him some reps. If not, he can move on. This is not Willy Korn we're talking about. Save your indignation for watching him in the NFL.

Re: Respect your right to your opinion & sticking with mine ...

May 3, 2012, 11:34 PM

He also led the team in fumbles per carry, BY FAR. And if the spring game is an indication, the millions we are paying the coaches to "teach" him to hold onto the ball without are being wasted. You can teach some, but between strength and getting b/n the ears, it doesn't always work and isn't guaranteed. You are putting a guy in the NFL as a sophomore who doesn't know a playbook and can't hold onto the ball. Good luck with that. Lots of players make it with great combine numbers but fail miserably when they get to the big show. I hope the kid makes it more than anyone, I love him. However, he has a lot of growing up to do both on the field and off (and is making great strides in the right direction) and that is why he isn't on the two deep for the spring. It boggles my mind you have him in the NFL already. That is a pretty elite class to put him in.

Apr 25, 2012, 10:31 AM

Quandon Christian, time to step up. Last season, he was caught out of position way too many times, struggled to fight off blocks, and was a questionable tackler in space.

As Blanks and Teek continue to emerge, Q's reps will dwindle.

I actually thought QC did a decent job last season.

Apr 25, 2012, 10:35 AM

Corico Hawkins was the one who constantly had me concerned. I'm thankful for all the hard work he's contributed to the team, but it makes me a little more confident to see that Stephone Anthony is the starter at MIKE.

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

He took a big step back imo. Willard was the most consistent

Apr 25, 2012, 10:47 AM

of our starters last year. but yes, Hawkins was a liability at MLB and that doesn't help the SAM any when he relys on the MLB to give him help

Apr 25, 2012, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Clemson releases post-spring depth chart ]

Christian cannot tackle. I lost complete confidence in him during the Georgia Tech game last year. Christian is very good in pass coverage and he should only play in third and long situations. I am hoping that Townsend plays more than Christian.

The only concern I have about this depth chart:

Apr 25, 2012, 10:34 AM

Darius Robinson

For all I know, he'll break out this year and become a great defender. He has the skill-set. But he came in as a pretty highly regarded recruit and hasn't been talked about much since. Though I'm sure having several experienced DBs already on the roster played a part.

Hope the recent article about him becoming much better after playing opposite Super Sammy was right.

GO TIGERS!

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Young CB normally get burned especially in M2M

Apr 25, 2012, 10:46 AM

like Steele like to play. Also our safety play was hot mess and that doesn't help said young CBs

Re: Does Brewer claim one of the

Apr 25, 2012, 10:37 AM

starting CB spots when Hall gets back in the fall? Seems like Blanks has locked up the nickle-back spot...

Re: Does Brewer claim one of the

Apr 25, 2012, 10:07 PM

I hope Brewer does not start at safety. He has atendency to let receivers get behind him and he does not appear to be very good at safety. Breeland and Robinson are better corners also. He seems to be the odd man out as far as I am concerned.

Can't wait to see Sammy at PR, they're going to plan for...

Apr 25, 2012, 10:57 AM

SamWow and Bryant will take it to the house. Apparently he's one of the fastest on the team. Go Freakin Tigers!

Thin at OT

Apr 25, 2012, 11:10 AM

at least size wise.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thin at OT

Apr 25, 2012, 11:27 AM

It scares me to see Thomas at LT. He's just not long like a LT needs to be. At 6'3", he's a good RG, but not what you want at LT. Wish we had a better option.

When BT took over for PP last season, we suffered. Imagine how bad it would be if BT got injured.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Apr 25, 2012, 12:01 PM

well what he lacks in length he does make up for in athleticism and being able to turn his hips and move his feet

Brandon played very well at the end of the year ar LT

Apr 25, 2012, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Thin at OT ]

I like him there

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2012, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Thin at OT ]

Gores size isnt correct hes bigger than 260

Yep, it's gonna cost us.***

Apr 26, 2012, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Thin at OT ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Apr 25, 2012, 11:57 AM

We can definitely win with that group

There is nothing more irrelevant than a post-spring

Apr 25, 2012, 12:03 PM

depth chart. Nothing to see here. Move along.

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER- http://twitter.com/#!/SonsOfClemson

just a thought

Apr 25, 2012, 10:07 PM

do you think it might be relevant to the young men listed on it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Save one return, I don't think Sammy is a great KR.

Apr 25, 2012, 12:46 PM

At least he's not good enough to justify risking him to injury.

He's really not good at juking. He's just got that first step, seperation speed. Which is awesome and perfect for a WR, but less than ideal for KR, as we saw last year. You need change of direction and start-stop speed for KR.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A little surprised Pinion didn't earn the starting Punting

Apr 25, 2012, 1:21 PM

job. He absolutely crushed it during the spring game....odd.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: A little surprised Pinion didn't earn the starting Punting

Apr 25, 2012, 1:23 PM

there were 14 practices prior to the spring game and the kid is just a freshman that still should be in high school. give it time man.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A little surprised Pinion didn't earn the starting Punting

Apr 25, 2012, 1:26 PM

I know, I know. I just can't wait to see this guy reverse the field on special teams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

How WEIRD - Depth Chart - NO 300+ lb Defensive linemen

Apr 25, 2012, 5:04 PM

anywhere.........

Did I misread that?

Should I be worried?

Don't think I am used to seeing that .......

surviving 80 snaps.. maybe that is the way or D is going to

Apr 26, 2012, 7:40 AM

go.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Several Problems IMO

Apr 25, 2012, 8:38 PM

-Bellamy not being on a 3-deep
-Corico co-starting
-Benton over Pinion

^All of the above just Dabo being Dabo^

-Either Jenkins or Cortez need to beat out Breeland desperately
-Nuk is not a PR
-Brewer needs to ride the pine
-Jaron and Martavis should be an OR
-Battle or Thomas need to step up and let Thomas go back to OG
-Hopefully Lateek will beat out Quandon

don't disagree with anything in your post EXCEPT

Apr 25, 2012, 8:53 PM

your bullet about Nuk NOT being a Primary Receiver. (there has to be one, right??..lol)

He's been Clemson's primary receiver before (late in his freshman year) and I think he certainly is capable of being a PR on a bunch of Div 1 teams.

And just an aside, I also think Martavis, Jaron, and CPeake could be very close to PR's on some teams.....Honestly, as good as Peake and Brown are, if the proverbial light ever goes on for Bryant, if that flame ever superheats---he could possibly be as good as we have.

But here's a good question for ya: With the starting, oh, 4 or 5 receivers Clemson has and assuming Andre Ellington has an injury free consistent year, where are they going to find plays for Brandon Ford who also is very good???....and how will they keep Humphries off the field??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe he means punt returner, but I think he is wrong.

Apr 25, 2012, 9:56 PM

Nuk is not scared back there and that is what you need. I think last year, we had the mindset just to fair catch it and let the offense do its thing. Maybe we didn't but it sure looked like it.

Re: I believe he means punt returner, but I think he is wrong.

Apr 26, 2012, 10:25 AM

my apologies then.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe he means punt returner, but I think he is wrong.

Apr 25, 2012, 9:56 PM [ in reply to don't disagree with anything in your post EXCEPT ]

Nuk is not scared back there and that is what you need. I think last year, we had the mindset just to fair catch it and let the offense do its thing. Maybe we didn't but it sure looked like it.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic