Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching ACC story of Louisville being the big boy on the block now..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,261

Watching ACC story of Louisville being the big boy on the block now..

Apr 18, 2015, 11:36 AM

And taking series wins over just everybody in ACC recently..including UVA.

Thinking they will be doing a lot of same in Basket Ball & FB as the years pass. Should be interesting to say the least!

What say you?

GoTiGERS..keep RocKing!.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're a great school for sports....

Apr 18, 2015, 11:41 AM

But in football, I still believe they're a rung under FSU and Clemson in the ACC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: They're a great school for sports....

Apr 18, 2015, 11:46 AM

They certainly are for now.

And they'll stay a rung under Clemson and FSU as long as

Apr 18, 2015, 11:48 AM [ in reply to They're a great school for sports.... ]

Petrino is coaching there. I mean, what parent in their right mind would send their kid to play for hat scumbag. He was never a great recruiter before, but now, honestly, he's got no chance to compete with Dabo and Jimbo in that area.

Don't know about that, but their recruiting needs to improve***

Apr 18, 2015, 12:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And they'll stay a rung under Clemson and FSU as long as

Apr 18, 2015, 8:18 PM [ in reply to And they'll stay a rung under Clemson and FSU as long as ]

I am a Bobby P hater. I am amazed the same AD he lied to before would rehire him given his track record since leaving louisville. he must have something on the guy

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And they'll stay a rung under Clemson and FSU as long as

Apr 19, 2015, 4:21 AM

I am especially amazed he went in this direction given the success Louisville had enjoyed under Charlie Strong - who was about as polar-180 removed from Petrino as it gets. Strong's as stand-up a guy as there is in college football - up there with Dabo, actually - doesn't tolerate troublemakers (or recruit them), and he left Petrino a locker room stocked with talent...and very good, high-character kids for the most part, guys who attended to their business both on the field and in the classroom.

Now along comes Petrino, who's back accepting the transfers of every scumbag who got kicked out of other programs, overloading on offensive prospects (as is his usual pattern, Petrino always overloads on the offensive side of the ball, mostly because he coaches offense), and again we're seeing signs of the same slipshod, short-term recruiting that he's always shown before. It is indeed a head-scratcher. Strong had that program very much pointed the right direction, why go back?

The cards are and will be a good team to beat.

Apr 18, 2015, 12:07 PM

But we should have much more talent than them for years to come.

Still a great team to have on the schedule. Will be a decent win most years, and occasionally they will beat us.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Soooo much better than playing Maryland

Apr 18, 2015, 1:38 PM

The Cards have a solid program and help our SOS. A bit shady in their admission of some troublemakers, but I'm glad they're in the ACC

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,261
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic