Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
They're Bulldozing Trees and Moving Dirt in Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 3,928

They're Bulldozing Trees and Moving Dirt in Clemson

May 22, 2019, 8:56 PM

and Clemson Downs is being invaded by goats. Many of you will not recognize Clemson on your next visit. Sections of SC 93 through Clemson have been closed for several months due to installation of underground utilities. That job should be finished soon. Construction of the new power plant on Kite Hill is moving along. Underground lines are being installed from the power plant to the new Duke sub station near the old Armory. Several maple trees have been removed just as one enters Perimeter Road near the Armory.

Trees have been removed from both sides at the entrance to the large parking lot on Perimeter Road and it looks like that lot will be enlarged. Of course the softball field is under construction, Across the street from the south side of Littlejohn, the trees have been removed and it looks like they will expand that parking lot. Just noticed that for the first time today. Across the bridge on SC 93 and on the north side of 93, trees have been removed and I believe this is planned for more parking. Lots of construction at the "Y" Beach area. The IPTAY office construction is moving along.

Here at Clemson Downs we are welcoming a bunch of temporary residents. A creek runs through the property and there is kudzu, ivy (English and poison) and underbrush on each side of the creek. Rather than hire humans to do the job, the area has been fenced off and goats will be used to clear the area.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Goats upon sight of all the food....***

May 22, 2019, 9:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They're Bulldozing Trees and Moving Dirt in Clemson

May 22, 2019, 9:01 PM

Interesting - Joe!! Thanks ... Will the goats eat the poison ivy?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 22, 2019, 9:53 PM

Goat's will eat anything that isn't eating them. For years and years goats have been know as one of the best way to clear brush and under brush from about anywhere. About the only way to do a better job is with a bulldozers.;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 9:12 PM

And announced today that the old Holiday Inn property is gearing up for apartments, retail stores, etc.with i think public access to the lake...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 9:48 PM

I wouldn't go so far as to call them the greatest of all time just yet. We don't know for certain how much of the kudzu they'll eat before they demand a contract renegotiation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 10:12 PM

Kind of a shame really. I was hoping the perimeter road construction was a widening project to go to 4 lanes all the way to 76. Lord knows what Clemson doesn’t need is more students driving cars on roads that are already jam packed. Apparently the state has given the city an ultimatum due to the number of accidents and congestion on 123. If they city can’t come up with an alternative, the state plan was to pour a concrete divider and eliminate left turns on 123. There are days when it takes me 20-25 minutes to drive home 3 miles from work, and everyday you see a bigger bonehead behind the wheel on the street than the day before.

The duke substation has gotten a lot of people that live in my neck of the woods up in arms due to its proximity to the Montessori school and residential areas. It is going on the baseball field next to colombo’s Pizza. Lot of people upset about Duke and the University just ramrodding that one through. At least the town was able to defeat the original proposal which was for a single larger station on the residential side. They at least got them to split it into two substations on either side of 123.

Sad to see all the trees go. Joe you are right about not recognizing it, and I see if every day. Live just down the road from you at the bottom of Berkeley. Hopefully they are nearing the end of the “improvements”.

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

May 22, 2019, 10:22 PM

My freshman year they threatened to demolish johnstone and build a more modern dorm. My hall mates threatened to chain ourselves to the bike racks and start and endure a hunger strike to save johnston.

Johnstone is still standing. Coincidence?.... yea prob.

Replies: 7
| visibility 3,928
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic