Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why don't they pressure wash Memorial Stadium?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Why don't they pressure wash Memorial Stadium?

Oct 9, 2019, 12:58 PM

All this talk about adding more video boards, premium seating, locker room upgrades, etc., why can't they hire a crew in the off-season and pressure wash the exterior of the stadium?

A lot of the concrete is very mildewed and discolored, especially on the north side. Completing that would make the stadium look decades newer.

It would certainly be time consuming and costly, but would be akin to painting the rusted beams on Littlejohn. Small fix, huge appearance boost.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because the school needs to spend ~$70M to prove that

Oct 9, 2019, 1:02 PM

there isn't enough money to pay student-athletes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Because the school needs to spend ~$70M to prove that

Oct 9, 2019, 1:08 PM

In fairness to the university, if they don't do stadium upgrades first then there is no way that fans are going to pay the future ticket prices that will result from athletes getting paid by the schools.

I am excited about the stadium upgrades along with the moving sidewalks that are being put in place around campus since the people of Lot 5 are being moved to Seneca Meadows to allow for the live tiger habitat to be built in Lot 5.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

players ARE paid

Oct 9, 2019, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Because the school needs to spend ~$70M to prove that ]

in several different ways.

I've never noticed it was dirty, and I watch all the games..

Oct 9, 2019, 1:04 PM

on TV.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I've never noticed it was dirty, and I watch all the games..

Oct 9, 2019, 1:05 PM

It isn't an issue on the inside as much as the outside, all the concrete surfaces (supports, bottoms of the stands, walls) are mildewed and could do with a good pressure wash. Been that way for years now really.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2019, 1:11 PM

I've heard they are going for a "living wall" approach but it isn't coming in as quickly as they'd hoped.

Oct 9, 2019, 1:17 PM

Should have planted kudzu. Stadium would be covered by now. lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Convince somebody that these spots are good add space

Oct 9, 2019, 1:17 PM

and this will no longer be a problem.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why don't they pressure wash Memorial Stadium?

Oct 9, 2019, 1:18 PM

Like I tell my wife, “That’s character”.
Usually doesn’t work with her, though. She’ll say we’ve got about all the character she can stand.
Littlejohn was originally constructed with Cor-Ten steel so the rust was its protective coating. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

They've done it before a few years ago - no reason it.......

Oct 9, 2019, 1:18 PM

can't be done again - agree that it needs it.

They should be able to hire some of Joe's cousins at a

Oct 9, 2019, 1:35 PM

fairly low rate

joetigerny

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: They should be able to hire some of Joe's cousins at a

Oct 9, 2019, 1:47 PM

fairly low rate

joetigerny

They can probably get a couple of those guys from the $5 oil change shop to do it

Are they Messican?***

Oct 9, 2019, 1:48 PM

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Are they Messican?***

Oct 9, 2019, 1:52 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Hey esse!

Oct 10, 2019, 1:49 AM [ in reply to They should be able to hire some of Joe's cousins at a ]

We aren't allowed un this country anymore.

How did I become a Messican anyways? Had something to do with my shoulder being hurt in the Rio Grande or something like that.

Oct 9, 2019, 1:55 PM

What happened to the fundraiser to brick up all around the concrete supports. I sent money to have my name on one of the bricks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They did the South Side before the season when they

Oct 9, 2019, 2:20 PM

added the 2018 National Championship logo. Probably because they did the big Reveal before the GT game and wanted it to look good on TV. But it made the North Side clearly more noticeable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Oct 9, 2019, 2:33 PM

get 250 volunteers, with their pressure washers and provide pizza and beer, wouldn't cost much. unless I'm drinking then the beer cost will skyrocket!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL....I could see myself out there with my

Oct 9, 2019, 3:14 PM

two-bit $79 electric pressure washer taking, oh, about a year just to get about 4 feet up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2019, 3:46 PM

All this talk about adding more video boards, premium seating, locker room upgrades, etc., why can't they hire a crew in the off-season and pressure wash the exterior of the stadium?

A lot of the concrete is very mildewed and discolored, especially on the north side. Completing that would make the stadium look decades newer.

It would certainly be time consuming and costly, but would be akin to painting the rusted beams on Littlejohn. Small fix, huge appearance boost.

Oct 9, 2019, 10:34 PM

It ain't dirty, it is "seasoned" like a cast iron skillet.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic