Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Swinney supports 8 league games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Football Update: Swinney supports 8 league games

May 15, 2013, 5:05 PM

Swinney supports 8 league games

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say we play at least two more

May 15, 2013, 6:59 PM

SEC games (other than Sakerlina) every year. Would only help, revenue, exposure and SOS rankings.

What say you??

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say 2 SEC teams per year including USuCk

May 15, 2013, 8:41 PM

Top tier 2nd SEC opponent and one other top 20 team from a different league to balance out the landscape a bit.

We all know that the remaining game is a tune up/charity game with a local sub division team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, that would hurt revenue. It would be good for

May 16, 2013, 3:43 PM [ in reply to I say we play at least two more ]

exposure, but the only way 2 more SEC games happens is to play home-and-homes with an occasional kickoff game in Atlanta thrown in (they don't want Clemson every year).

That would essentially amount to 1 lost home game per season and while you could charge a little bit more for the tickets, it wouldn't make up for an entire lost game.

Re: I say we play at least two more

May 16, 2013, 3:52 PM [ in reply to I say we play at least two more ]

THAT will never happen as the SEC teams are crawling into their shells (see UGA recently) in fear of having too-tough opponents for OOC games. SEC teams do NOT want a part of a team like CLEMSON. Boise State had to spit in their face and call them all out just to get the chance to kick UGA's mutt butt. They have now learned their lesson and pick their OOC games with more thought.

Agree with playin' the best to be the best ... B. Bowden

May 15, 2013, 8:52 PM

successfully followed that plan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU was independent and played 2 or 3 big names every year

May 15, 2013, 9:57 PM

when he said that. USuC's been following that plan for 20 years by way of playing in the SEC and they have never even won a conference championship.

I would love to see us play

May 15, 2013, 9:08 PM

UF. It would be a good matchup and I heard the woman in gainsville are very attractive.

Re: I would love to see us play

May 15, 2013, 10:19 PM

Too bad they don't play OOC outside of Florida. Something like 25 years without leaving the state for an OOC game

They played OK not too long ago, home & away.***

May 15, 2013, 11:22 PM

Nope. That was FSU

May 16, 2013, 8:15 AM

Florida has played a grand total of one OOC games outside the state of Florida (excluding bowls many of which were also in Florida) since 1987. And that one game was in 1991. This means 0 OOC games out of the state of Florida in over 20 years.

Load the schedule up so Clemson NEVER makes the playoffs. I

May 15, 2013, 9:54 PM

really don't think people have their heads wrapped around the fact that only FOUR schools out of the whole country will make the playoffs when they wish for all these big time OOC opponents on the schedule. It will be difficult enough to have a shot at the playoffs and a NC. Does anyone really think a team with 2 or 3 losses will get into a FOUR team playoff because they played a difficult schedule.

Exactly the point. The more we play, the more we eliminate.***

May 15, 2013, 10:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah. LOL We haven't been able to knock USuC out in 4 years

May 15, 2013, 10:27 PM

now. I could see how strength of schedule would be important in a 16 or 32 team playoff but a 4 team playoff will not be much different than the BCS. Undefeated and in one of the major 5 conferences you got a shot.

Re: Load the schedule up so Clemson NEVER makes the playoffs. I

May 16, 2013, 6:57 AM [ in reply to Load the schedule up so Clemson NEVER makes the playoffs. I ]

Alabama and LSU will get in with 2 or 3 losses. One loss will be against each other and that won't count.

Right now only two teams make the playoffs. Everyone's odds

May 16, 2013, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Load the schedule up so Clemson NEVER makes the playoffs. I ]

just (with the new playoff system) got a lot better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: They played OK not too long ago, home & away.***

May 16, 2013, 7:24 AM

That was FSU not UF

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic