Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Freeze to SC talk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Freeze to SC talk

Nov 10, 2020, 12:54 PM

While I can understand the coots desire to go after Freeze regardless of his past, I’m not sold they can afford him after paying off Muschamp. I heard the Liberty AD speak at our local TD Club a few years ago and he stated LUs athletic department is one of the wealthiest in the nation with no debt and millions of dollars of cash on hand. He said their desire was to have a athletic program that competed with the best programs in the country and they were willing to make the investment. Maybe Covids changed that but sounded like they could pay to keep who they wanted to keep.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They must be really desperate to want him anyway

Nov 10, 2020, 12:57 PM

I’d be embarrassed if our program even interviewed him.

Sounds like an Auburn move.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They must be really desperate to want him anyway

Nov 10, 2020, 1:09 PM

There are not currently any openings in major college football, but if I had to pick one fan base that would pay anything to get Freeze it would be Michigan.

They are so tired of getting beaten on by OSU that I suspect they are willing to use Freeze's tactics and more from when he was at Ole Miss.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They must be really desperate to want him anywa

Nov 10, 2020, 3:09 PM

I don't think so... Much too cootish Michigan can't do that and be relevant.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

embarassed?? the coots? That ship sailed long ago........***

Nov 10, 2020, 1:40 PM [ in reply to They must be really desperate to want him anyway ]

Auburn or Tennessee would take him in a second...

Nov 10, 2020, 2:05 PM [ in reply to They must be really desperate to want him anyway ]

but they can't afford to buy out their current coaches either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Perfect fit.***

Nov 10, 2020, 1:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Freeze to SC talk

Nov 10, 2020, 1:03 PM

Any credible coach will use the coot program as a stepping stone to something else.

Any margin of success will send him packing somewhere else.

There is a reason coaches go there to retire...because they can't swing the success to move on to something better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 1:24 PM

well they would but no one has ever managed that. It even killed skippies career and he was an assistant

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Freeze to SC talk ]

that would be a bad move giving his past with ole miss if I am south Carolina I would be looking at Billy Napier, Will Healy or Jamey Chadwell young up and coming coaches who can build programs

Nov 10, 2020, 1:51 PM

If history repeats itself, not saying that it will, then those "up and comers" will also be the targets of more desirable destination schools.

The coots, when going through this before, have typically had to alter their list to think outside the box of who everyone else wants.

Careful counting on that job as a stepping stone

Nov 10, 2020, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Freeze to SC talk ]

Never been done before, and Muschamp won’t be the first
#graveyardofcoaches

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A stepping stone to where...the coaching graveyard?***

Nov 10, 2020, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Freeze to SC talk ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ANTI-Dabo

Nov 10, 2020, 1:13 PM

A perfect match made in ####.

ehh... He acts really similar to Dabo in some ways

Nov 10, 2020, 1:31 PM

and has a much more offensive minded approach like Dabo compared to Muschamp. Very outspoken of his faith and such.

But, obviously, his sincerity is EXTREMELY questionable.

Muschamp is more "anit-Dabo" in my opinion.

It will funny to see them talk about his Christian faith

Nov 10, 2020, 1:14 PM

when they make fun of Dabo and his faith.

Freeze is way more in your face about his faith than Dabo. (And Freeze is cringey about it because you feel like it's fake with him)

I wonder how having hookers on speed dial...

Nov 10, 2020, 2:12 PM

co-exists with his faith?

That's why he comes across as cringeworthy

Nov 10, 2020, 2:19 PM

it seems like an act

Freeze is an excellent coach

Nov 10, 2020, 1:16 PM

won't help at uofthesuck

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 1:21 PM

Lol, a dude whose name will forever be tied to rampant cheating at Ole Miss. He had one winning season there in 5 years... the other 4? He went winless in SEC play (0-19). OH AND NINETEEN.

Going from one perennial loser to another would be quintessential SCar.

Nov 10, 2020, 1:33 PM

USuCk would hire the devil himself if he could win. There are no limits with them on how low they will go to get a winning team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Freeze to SC talk ]

To be fair his record only says winless because they vacated wins due to NCAA violations. On the other hand, he was cheating his butt off.

Again...unless and until...

Nov 10, 2020, 2:00 PM

uof6c comes-up with the $13 million needed to part ways with CussChamp, this is an entirely moot point.

Even if they can manage to scrape together the buyout money, they would also have to pay the buyout from the departing program as well as the new coaches salary.

I believe Freeze is making somewhere around $2 million annually at Liberty.

All of that for a coach with a tainted reputation who had one solid year at Ole Miss and currently has Liberty playing well? Liberty?

they'd be foolish not to go after him. He'd be foolish to go

Nov 10, 2020, 2:22 PM

But that said, LU is not a great place to be right now. They may not have the gazillions they once had for much longer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: they'd be foolish not to go after him. He'd be foolish to go

Nov 10, 2020, 2:34 PM

Liberty is a joke...ready to be exposed.

Re: they'd be foolish not to go after him. He'd be foolish to go

Nov 10, 2020, 3:23 PM

KCTIGER said:

Liberty is a joke...ready to be exposed.

Liberty, unbeaten and ranked, played and coached a near-perfect game in beating a more talented VaTech team in Lane Stadium--and we all consider it an upset.

Fact is, the Flames football program this year is a lot like the early Coach K basketball program at Duke: they are outmatched in talent, so they have to play disciplined situationally-smart football. VaTech radio announcers were also impressed with how physical they played.

Every P5 team they play will out-talent them (except woeful Syracuse), and millions of fans like you will constantly be expecting them to get 'exposed', but they will disappoint you more often than not.

When they do lose, it will be either because the talent gap was too great to overcome, or their normal discipline slipped. Regardless, it will not be an 'exposure'. If Freeze and Wills the QB stick around for 2021, and they play a normal schedule, Liberty could start building something to fulfill old Jerry's dreams.

It didn't take Coach K very long coaching smart basketball before he started getting players who were both smart AND talented. Now they had a great conference to recruit to, but Liberty likes their position as an independent with lots of ACC and Sun Belt opponents with budding rivalries.

Michigan won't have anything to do with Hugh Freeze but...

Nov 10, 2020, 2:23 PM

USCe would probably snap him up in a instant if he wanted to go there. I doubt very much the amount of Muschamp's buyout would matter at all.

As I posted on a similar thread, the thought of Freeze to SC

Nov 10, 2020, 2:43 PM

makes me all warm and tingly inside. I'd love to see a big fat investigation & probation down there...

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Nov 10, 2020, 3:03 PM

Liberty's athletic department was Jerry Falwell Jr.'s pet project. Now that he's gone they are going to de-emphasize athletics. The Freeze hire was always embarrassing and the current powers-that-be at Liberty would be overjoyed if somebody like South Carolina came along and hired Freeze away.

Nov 10, 2020, 3:07 PM

So he is the coach du jour they want THIS week? It's someone different every week based on the previous weekends results. LOL>

Absolutely NO ONE has been able to turn that $#!7show around

Nov 10, 2020, 3:25 PM

The only thing Spurrier accomplished was beating Clemson. Otherwise, they have absolutely ZERO conference championships, BCS appearances, or national championships.

The only Division championship they won, in year when the $-EZ Least was as bad as it had been in the last four decades, lead to two embarrassing blowout losses in the conference championship game and the bowl game.

Re: Absolutely NO ONE has been able to turn that $#!7show around

Nov 10, 2020, 3:30 PM

Spurrier was a great coach, friend. He accomplished as much as anybody could possibly accomplish in Columbia. He did way more for that program than merely beating Clemson.

He sure did...

Nov 10, 2020, 4:05 PM

namely quitting on them mid year and leaving them in far worse shape than when he got there.

Re: He sure did...

Nov 10, 2020, 5:57 PM

Spurrier did no such thing. They ran him off. And the Gamecocks were no worse off after Spurrier than before him. That's just Coot propaganda designed to make excuses for Will Muschamp's failure as Spurrier's successor.

Don't believe Coot propaganda.

Re: Absolutely NO ONE has been able to turn that $#!7show around

Nov 10, 2020, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Absolutely NO ONE has been able to turn that $#!7show around ]

They consider him their GOAT, yet he wants nothing to do with them. He has all but erased his affiliation with the SCar program.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic