»
Topic: Rivals Rankings..
Replies: 61   Last Post: Jul 10, 2014 9:41 PM by: Tech007
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.


[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 61  

Rivals Rankings..

[1]
Posted: Jul 8, 2014 10:27 PM
 

So they seem to think the Coots have a better Recruiting class right now as they have put them ahead of us.. Sorry but I just don't believe their kids are anywhere close to the caliber of kids Dabo and company are bringing in.. In both athleticism and character..


Re: Rivals Rankings..

[2]
Posted: Jul 8, 2014 10:27 PM
 

> So they seem to think the Coots have a better
> Recruiting class right now as they have put them
> ahead of us.. Sorry but I just don't believe their
> kids are anywhere close to the caliber of kids Dabo
> and company are bringing in.. In both athleticism and
> character..

What is the name of your recruiting service?


Not sure, but you do know the name of this site is


Posted: Jul 8, 2014 10:58 PM
 

tigernet, right?


Re: Not sure, but you do know the name of this site is


Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:02 PM
 

> tigernet, right?

Sure I do. What does that have to do with Rivals ratings?


Not much...just testing the waters for coots...***


Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:39 PM
 




Like catching fish in the bathtub.***


Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:54 PM
 



badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Bellamy and Swag say hi.***

[1]
Posted: Jul 9, 2014 10:36 AM
 




Re: Bellamy and Swag say hi.***


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 11:00 AM
 

Yes, 2 players out of nearly 100 recruits really tells the story. Nailed it.


Re: Bellamy and Swag say hi.*** You can't be that


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 1:39 PM
 

#### stupid coot. Would really want to compare the BUST from the last 15 yrs??????????


Re: Bellamy and Swag say hi.***


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 10:20 PM
 

Clowney still can't read though

2019 student level member

They have gotten another

[1]
Posted: Jul 8, 2014 10:52 PM
 

player recently they now have two more recruits than Clemson and once again like every year will sign more players than Clemson. They always send several players in their class off to Jr. College and this year will be no different.


I know several years back I count all the players South Carolina had signed during a four year period under Spurrier and it was over 130 players, during the same four year period Clemson had signed 80 players. Some were kids South Carolina signed several times in following years because they didn't get in the first year and some never made it in to school ever. They just had one of those this year a DL they were counting on to help with their thin DL. I can't remember the last time we had a player not ever make it into school, the last one that comes to mind is the kid who signed with us and FSU on the same day and ended up running track at Cal I think.




No matter what gamecock fans will say their defensive recruiting has take a hit and it's going to start showing up this year especially on the DL. This lack of DL dept can be traced to the loss of Brad Lawing and Ellis Johnson. USC will be running a lot of 3-4 this year to cover for their lack of dept. The streak will end this year when the tigers run wild on the 3-4 and they want be the only tigers to run wild on them look for Auburn to rack up about 500 yards rushing on them.


They only passed us because they have more recruits now


Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:06 PM
 

If Austin Bryant and Ray Ray McCloud drop our way, we'll pass them and A&M. Either way, we're probably not finishing in the top 3 because we won't sign enough guys.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: They only passed us because they have more recruits now

[1]
Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:14 PM
 

All this really means is BOTH instate schools are having a great recruiting year.


Re: They only passed us because they have more recruits now


Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:16 PM
 

I think we get Ray Ray, Bryant, Huggins, and then a DT. Hope it's Settle or Jones. I think we would also take Bailey at OG. I think Bailey likes Clemson a lot, but I get the feeling he really wants to be closer to home, not sure what the reason is, but that seems to be really important to him.


I get the feeling he's gonna be a coot...but I'd still be


Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:42 PM
 

happy with those guys! It's a shame we can't get one or two more like a Campbell and Roseborro *sp?


Re: I get the feeling he's gonna be a coot...but I'd still be

[1]
Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:47 PM
 

We just don't have the numbers to allow that many kids in this year. We have three grey shirts that will count against this class the Davis twins, and the LB from Columbia.


Yeah, you mean Jalen Williams? I've heard a lot of good


Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:51 PM
 

things about that kid. I remember reading on t-net that he outperformed other highly regarded recruits at his same position at camp. Hope he's a steal...


Re: They have gotten another

[2]
Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:25 PM
 

Your saying there defense has tooking a hit on recruiting where they have actually recruited the best at? They signed 4 4-star Lb in 2013 and 4- 3 Star DB in 2014? And in 2015 they are recruiting basically all defense? They have depth on D. More than we have. We have Starters. Depth on D is what has made them good. You think its there offense??? HA man! Look a recruiting better next time. I personally believe that they will have a better defense this year than last because no one can key just on one player like they did last year with Clowney. They have a good linebacking core. And a lot of game experience on D-line. They won't be strong but going to be a quick defense.
Now we have done better recruiting offense. We need to continue to build depth on defense. We lose 4 starting D-lineman this year. 2 LB as well. Coach V better get backups some experience this year


You aren't tricking anyone here...

[2]
Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:33 PM
 

It's fairly obvious who's shirt you wear, coot!

2019 student level member

Re: You aren't tricking anyone here...

[2]
Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:36 PM
 

Im not a F!!!!! Coot? Everytime someone on here with some common sense and knows what there talking bout gets called a coot just when they disagree with what a fellow tiger fan says? Bout retarded. Coots don't have memberships to Iptay…???/


Woooo, another Iptay coot member.***

[1]
Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:56 PM
 



badge-donor-05yr.jpg

has to be a coot...


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 11:08 AM
 

I've never met a Clemson fan with ignorant language/spelling that bad...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: You aren't tricking anyone here...


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 10:22 PM
 

Well then you don't pay much attention to the depth chart. The front 7 is nothing but depth. The secondary is questionable, but I can't name more than 2 starters on South Carolina's defense. How is that "depth?"

2019 student level member

and you just happened to have an email address...


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 11:04 PM
 

coryboyd118@live.com. Hmmmm

I live in Greenwood like you say you do and know people who work at all the Eaton plants...and no one has ever heard of you other than a Cory Boyd that played for the coots.

To answer your question..there are a lot of coots that are IPTAY members just so they can buy Clemson/coot tickets. There are many Tiger fans that are coot club members for the same reason.

I would be embarrassed to admit I was a coot, too.


you seem awfully upset***


Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:36 PM
 



2019 student level member

Re: They have gotten another


Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:44 PM
 

You keep thinking that and see what happens this year on the field. You don't run a 3-4 unless you have a 330lb plus nose tackle who can clog the middle on his own. You don't have that not even close. You DE's this year are average at best. Your LB's are good, but will not get to roam because you have no one on your front who will require a double team. I don't care about rating the fact is you lack dept on the DL and your top two DL recruits this past year aren't getting in to school and one would have been a true freshman who would have been in your two deep that is called lack of dept. Just watch what teams do to that D this year.


Re: They have gotten another


Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:51 PM
 

Stop saying your team. My team is the Clemson tigers. I was just sating fact. The only reason coots are going to 3-4 is just to switch package up in middle of series. They have a guy by Bryson Allen-Williams Who is the only reason they are going to that package. They compare him to Eric Norwood. And they have depth. They have 15 D-lineman already in school though. They are loaded at DT. They need help a DE. But there is potential there. The Abu Lamin guy they said is already ahead of Quarles. He was a JUCO recruit.


Hard not to believe you are a coot when you speak so

[1]
Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:55 PM
 

assuredly and highly of an opponents player who hasn't played a down yet. Strange to be, optomistic about your rivals players...don't confuse that with realistic, that's not the same thing...


Re: Hard not to believe you are a coot when you speak so


Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:58 PM
 

Im a fan of the Game. I read on both teams. I don't just study clemson. I wanna know what SCAR has. Im not a downer. they have kicked our ##### 5 years in a row. Im not going to talk down about KIDS!!!! 18-22 year olds….. I know just as much about SCAR,BAMA,UGA,FSU as I do my fav team Clemson


Maybe so, but that sounds like youre more a fan of the game

[1]
Posted: Jul 9, 2014 12:04 AM
 

then...not really THAT big of a Clemson fan. Don't take offense to that, there are a lot of people out there like that. I feel most Clemson fans, or fanatics, can't help but be overly optimistic about our Tigers, even if it seems a little overboard at times. You'd hope our players have that same mentality and confidence too...

I find it very difficult to be a realist and a fan of a single team at the same time, but I guess it's possible...


Re: They have gotten another

[1]
Posted: Jul 9, 2014 12:09 AM
 

> Stop saying your team. My team is the Clemson tigers.
> I was just sating fact. The only reason coots are
> going to 3-4 is just to switch package up in middle
> of series. They have a guy by Bryson Allen-Williams
> Who is the only reason they are going to that
> t package. They compare him to Eric Norwood. And
> they have depth. They have 15 D-lineman already in
> school though. They are loaded at DT. They need help
> a DE. But there is potential there. The Abu Lamin guy
> they said is already ahead of Quarles. He was a JUCO
> recruit.

Whether you are a SCAR fan or not, your argument doesn't make sense.....if SCAR is switching to a 3-4 because they are bringing in some kid who is an "Eric Norwood" type, then why wasn't SCAR running a 3-4 when they had Eric Norwood?

Teams don't switch defensive schemes because of a LB recruit. SCAR is switching to, or at least implementing some, 3-4 because what used to be a strength, DL, is now a real concern.


Re: They have gotten another


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 9:23 PM
 

We ran a variant of the 3-4 with Norwood. He stood up alot. Our defense has not been conventional for a while now. We purposely recruit tweeners at DE\LB and LB\S. It allows us to be flexible and get our best 11 on the field. This year we have more depth at LB than we do at DE. I will admit DE could be a sore spot. I also think there is the potential for it to be solid. The Dixon brother that plays end doesn't have ideal size but has a great motor, good technique, and has shown a knack for making plays. On the other side there are some talented guys who have struggled getting to a good weight. Wouldn't surprise me if a quicker DT like Lamin or Deon Green sees time there. I am honestly more worried about CB than DE. We will find guys to play the line. We have very little experience at CB and will definitely be counting on some freshmen, including two that are not on campus yet.


Re: They have gotten another


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 9:53 PM
 

I actually think thisbis one of tigernets better threads bc there is an active discussion.

Dont be fooled, SC is NOT going to a 4-4 full time, our best players are linebackers and this is just a way to get more on the field. We can talk about what each twam lises every year but if there is one thing that isnt deniable it is the fact that Lorenzo Ward can coach. His defenses always improvr as the year progresses.

The thing SC does well is ball control and eating the clock. Do that and everything works itself out.


Re: They have gotten another

[1]
Posted: Jul 9, 2014 12:12 AM
 

Like I said you keep thinking what you want about their DL dept. You will see it on the field next year. Their only saving grace will be their offense it will be very very good. The only college team I've seen run the 3-4 and have success is Bama when they had the huge NG in 2008. USC is switching to the 3-4 because they have lots of dept at LB and none at DE, their start English looks like a WR and got pushed around last year like a rag doll.


Clemson has lots of dept on the DL in fact they will have one of the top DL in the country this year along with Auburn. Clemson will be able to roll 4-6 DT out with little drop off and 6 DE without a drop off.


Maybe, but someone as disruptive as Clowney doesn't


Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:49 PM
 

make it easier for an offense to 'key into'...heck, if you got that disruptive of a player that often takes double teams and frequently holds that edge, it frees up other play makers... I definitely think their D-line takes a step back, and to me, that has to be the strongest point...just like the Oline...it's all in the trenches.

According to a coot caller on the Roar, they'll be using some 3-4 schemes with 250 lb DE...THAT'S CRAZY! He said the nutrition staff is struggling to keep them at that weight. They've lost some size and talent across their line and that spells trouble...


Re: They have gotten another

[1]
Posted: Jul 9, 2014 12:34 AM
 

> Your saying there defense has tooking a hit on
> recruiting where they have actually recruited the
> best at? They signed 4 4-star Lb in 2013 and 4- 3
> And in 2015 they are recruiting
> basically all defense? They have depth on D. More
> than we have. We have Starters. Depth on D is what
> has made them good.


You claim to be a Clemson fan and then say we don't have depth on D??!!!?? Our front seven is two deep at every position and three deep at several. That's why we had such a good d-line last year because we could constantly roll in fresh guys. You have know clue as to what your talking about....



Tigers are still #3 on 247sports.


Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:59 PM
 

Rhett-
Can you explain how the services have different commit numbers? Tigers are still #3 rank on 247 and showing 20 commits.....Rivals shows 18 commits.
SCAR is #3 on Rivals with 20 commits and #6 on 247 with 19 commits.

How/why would the commit numbers be different?


Re: Tigers are still #3 on 247sports.


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 12:01 AM
 

24/7 is most accurate I think. Supposedly I read where last summer when a guy committed that SCAR never accepted it. But some Recruiting sites still have him listed.


thanks coot***


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 11:09 AM
 



badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Are the Davis twins listed on Rivals? They're grey shirts***


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 12:06 AM
 




Re: Tigers are still #3 on 247sports.


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 12:17 AM
 

Our true number right now is 21. We have 18 new players this year and are carrying over 3 grey shirts from last year. We have the two Davis twins Jeff Davis two sons and the LB out of Blythwood High. That is why we can only take 4 more players this year and five at the most.


Re: Tigers are still #3 on 247sports.


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 7:07 AM
 

Not according to this link: http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/TeamRankings


Re: Tigers are still #3 on 247sports.


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 8:23 AM
 

> Not according to this link:
>
> http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/TeamRanking

I'm referring to 247's composite ranking.
http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeTeamRankings


Re: Tigers are still #3 on 247sports.


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 10:25 PM
 

Composite rankings are an average of all the recruiting services. That's a good barometer of where they rank because ESPN could say Clemson is #2 and Rivals could say we are #10 but everyone is going to brag about having the #2 class.

2019 student level member

You know what's less important than recruiting rankings in

[1]
Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:20 PM
 

July? Not much..... Our recruiting has been better then sc most years. Coaching and player development have been the main difference.


thinking that


Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:46 PM
 

"character" is one of the attributes that the players are ranked by?

as a matter of fact, I would strongly suggest that there is an inverse correlation between character and wins.

Their lack of character has kicked our good ole boy ##### for 5 straight years.


You saying we have a bad coaching staff?***


Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:56 PM
 




I'm saying we can't have superior players and a superior


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 1:45 AM
 

staff and superior facilities and superior fan base AND lose 5 straight.... Something isn't adding up. Were they just lucky five straight? I'm saying that what someone else thinks of our recruits doesn't mean st*t. Teaching them, developing them, and game day coaching matters a ton. Why do you think we have lost five in a row?


Re: Rivals Rankings..

[1]
Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:22 PM
 

Why would you think that? It's a list from a non bias outfit. Personally I don't care that much about star power anyway. It's fools gold in a lot of cases. You can have all the 5 star wr's, RB's and QB's you can handle and you will get a high recruiting ranking but if you don't have the big uglies up front that have been coached up they do you little good. You have to fill team needs regardless of how many stars a given player brings with him when he reports. Connor Shaw, Bruce Ellington, Sydney Rice, Kenny McKinnley, Ryan Brewer and I could go on forever were all 3 star players. Nothing matters until signing day anyway. I guess this kind of stuff is just a way to pass the time till we kick it off. Both schools will probably sign a top 10 or 15 class which if you can put the rivalry aside for a bit is kind of cool to think about for such a small state as ours.


Agreed, I think we're doing much better across the trenches

[1]
Posted: Jul 8, 2014 11:59 PM
 

when it comes to recruiting. I remember we were switching guys from the defensive line and converting TE to the Oline. Times have changed...


Re: Rivals Rankings..***


Posted: Jul 10, 2014 9:29 PM
 




Re: Rivals Rankings..***


Posted: Jul 10, 2014 9:41 PM
 

I think both schools have cemented themselves as Top10 programs & both are recruiting very well.

Both will flip flop back & forth as both have some pretty big targets left they lead for. I think both will finish in the Top 10 provided they hit on those targets which I think they will. Even though both are at 18 & 20, most teams around us are at 17-18 too.

I think CU's top guys in the class are probably a bit better or that they have a few more at the top, but I feel like USC has a really deep class, 2-3 guys that will probably get a bump including Fields to 5*'s .

Clemson I believe will get 5* DL Huggins, 4* Ath Nyheim Hines, 4* DE Austin Bryant & 5* DT Tim Settle or 4* DT DJ Jones. Probably also another solid OL, maybe Boulware. I think 4* RB Oglesby will sign in this class too as he's in prep

I think USC can take more with several EE's & guys they can count back. I think they land another RB, probably a 4* in T Williams, B Shaw or Cronkite; 4* OL Zack Bailey, 4* DE Marquavious Lewis, 4* LB Davon Durant, 3* LB Amonte Caban & probably 1 more 3 or 4* OL & maybe DJ Jones. They will also get Prep DE 4* Dante Sawyer from last class ( Jones teammate & '14 signee ) & could potentially have to bring 4* DL Dexter Wideman in as he may have to go Prep.

I think it's cool that in a state this small, these 2 teams are killing it on the trail & as we know, hardly anything seperates teams who are ranked 5-11 in recruiting.

Neither team is going anywhere for a while IMO.


Rivals only ranks the Top 20 players

[1]
Posted: Jul 9, 2014 12:10 AM
 

If you have less than that, they're just counted as zeros.

With that said, this site is OBSESSED with recruiting rankings and stars. Some of you literally begin a player's name with 4 star... " ".


And coots don't? please...that's not even worth debating...***

[1]
Posted: Jul 9, 2014 12:13 AM
 




Re: Rivals Rankings..


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 7:07 AM
 

lol, when has character ever mattered in cooterville. or being able to qualify. they sign them for the rankings and hope to get a good portion into school. and be careful coot signees, get on superiors good sign or you will be out the door to make room for next years oversigned class.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Rivals Rankings..


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 8:43 AM
 

All rankings mean in July is that we both are putting together a real good class. Is there really a difference between #3 and #4?


Yep. I can't believe people still stress over them


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 11:09 AM
 

I won't lie I got caught up in the hype in 2007. But over the years watching kids you were excited about never contribute tends to show you can't take it too seriously.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger


It's a Marathon, not a sprint.


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 12:26 PM
 

And the finish line is in Feb.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "


Re: Rivals Rankings..


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 12:39 PM
 

Good grief. This thread is definitely one where the trash needs to be taken out Crump and the guys. So many low pulse posers in here it's ridiculous. TigerNet is being taken over by these morons. It's amazing that your life is so boring that you have to go on your rivals site and pose as a fanof your rival and talk smack. Ridiculous.


Re: Rivals Rankings..


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 4:01 PM
 

says a guy who is NOT a member. JOIN and then come back and complain!


Re: Rivals Rankings..


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 4:05 PM
 

Congratulations on mowing those lawns so you could buy your membership. I'm sure mama is proud of you.


I'll bite


Posted: Jul 9, 2014 1:19 PM
 

When you are talking small differences in where you rank in the Top 10 in recruiting I don't think it matters either way. Both schools are having great years and it bodes well for both programs.

I'd be curious to see the star rankings of the actual players on the field during the current streak. I'd guess CU has out recruited SC almost every year.


Replies: 61  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Georgia Tech
FOR SALE: I am selling 8 tickets to the ga tech game. These are located in section UO row x seats 17-31. They ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
9578 people have read this post