Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
They all know Clemson is and should be #1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

They all know Clemson is and should be #1

Dec 4, 2019, 11:51 AM

Clemson is coming again and they can’t do a thing about to stop us......that is why they are starting to back tract on all this BS they have been saying all season about us to try (and have succeeded) and influence the pollsters and selection committee .......trying to brace themselves for another major let down just like last season after we win it again......the only one that can stop this from happening is Clemson itself.....and all the false narratives, lies, and BS coming out of these talking heads can not prevent or keep Clemson from standing on top of the mountain again this season......got to love it......Go Tigers!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It could also be that we are playing a little bit better

Dec 4, 2019, 11:57 AM

I think if we played you en see again we would beat them by more than 1 point

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They all know Clemson is and should be #1

Dec 4, 2019, 12:00 PM

I find it impossible to justify that Clemson should be ranked #1, although I still believe that we are the best team in the country. However, our schedule has been so bad, that you simply cannot justify Clemson being ranked ahead of Ohio State or LSU.

Dec 4, 2019, 1:22 PM

Weird place for logic.

Dec 4, 2019, 12:04 PM

To be honest, I am not really sure if we are clear number one this year. For some parts of a game, when I see the Tigers scoring on every possession and creating a lot of three and outs, I feel that we are easily the best team. However, when I see LSU pounding A&M 50-7 or OSU running away from Michigan, I begin to think that they are at least at par with us.

I guess we will all found out on Dec 28 and in January (if we get to the NC). I do think that if the offense brings their A game (like they did against Alabama), we will be hard to beat.

In any case, enjoying every moment!

Dec 4, 2019, 12:05 PM

I believe we are the only team capable of beating them but Ohio State absolutely deserves their #1 spot and has been the most balanced team in college football this season. There isn’t much that they don’t do well.

Should we?

Dec 4, 2019, 12:15 PM

Lets look at a few ways to evaluate and rank teams.

Resume - Clemson is clearly 3rd here behind OSU and LSU.

Who would be favored by Vegas - Clemson and Ohio state are pretty even and LSU is a few points back.

Computer metrics - Clemson is 2nd in FPI, 2nd in FEI, 4th in SP+ (which Bill Connelly has admitted is underrating us a little), and 2nd in Sagarin. The general consensus of the computers is 1) Ohio State, 2) Clemson, 3) LSU.

The good ole "the former champ should be #1 until they lose" thing - Clemson

#1seed has never won, so there’s that ... #3 is just fine.

Dec 4, 2019, 12:32 PM

There are going to be four really, really good teams in the end.

Seeding is vastly over-rated in a simple four-team playoff.

Just beat the other teams you face.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's likely going to be 3 elite teams and 1 very good

Dec 4, 2019, 2:09 PM

team. The #1 seed this year will have a pretty decent statistical advantage simply due to not having to beat both of the other elite teams.

Dec 4, 2019, 1:38 PM

No offense, but posts like this support the notion that our fan base has become very whiny. I don't get where this notion comes from that the media was trying to keep us out. Yeah, we dropped in the rankings after the UNC game, but I don't recall anyone in the media saying we shouldn't make it in at that point if we went 13-0. Sure, maybe one of you can dig up something and find 1 or 2 people somewhere who said that it would be possible.

However, I only recall seeing media guys place us somewhere between 3-5 and state that we hadn't looked as impressive as some other teams up to that point in the season. I also recall all of those same people saying we'd be in if we won all of our games. That was also the same when we were #5 in the first CFP ranking as the media even pointed out that 2 of the teams in front of us had to lose via playing each other.

So I really don't get where this narrative comes from that people were so desperate to keep us out. That conspiracy theory really doesn't make sense to me to begin with. Were they trying to keep us out earlier in the season and felt we'd eventually lose which would keep us out? If that's the case then why would they be scared of us in the first place?

Also, it's crazy that nobody in the media can ever win with some of you. If they rank us anywhere but #1 and say we didn't play well in a game then they hate us and are trying to keep us out. If they talk about how impressive we've been looking then it's only because they're scared of looking dumb once we win the whole thing.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic