Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Impressed with Gary peters??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,692

Impressed with Gary peters??

Oct 23, 2012, 5:30 AM

The jury is still out on Gary Peters in my opinion and these next two games will give us the verdict on how good he really is. I think our defense is much better when we play Blanks at Safety and Peters at corner. I was almost speechless when I seen Darius Robinson get the start against VT. I have seen Robinson get burnt time and time again by lesser talent. It blew my mind because I thought Peters had played really well when they made that change. I've been wanting to see Peters against a up tempo spread offense though since we played GT. Hopefully he can solidify that position and bail us out with these injuries!!
GO TIGERS!!! BEAT WAKE FOREST!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They all have their issues

Oct 23, 2012, 5:51 AM

Peters got torched badly Saturday as the WR got 5yds behind him on a fly pattern. Luckily LT missed the throw because it would have been a definite TD. Robinson didn't play bad while he was out there and then got hurt.

I suspect the reason DR got the start is because the coaches believed he gave us a better chance to win. They would certainly be better able to make that call better than me but perhaps you know something the coaches don't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They all have their issues

Oct 23, 2012, 7:01 AM

DB is obviously a tough position to play at the D1 level. Now that may have been a miscommunication but who know's. My theory is Robinson plays the run better than Peters and maybe be a bit more physical. But I played QB in high school and I know a lost corner when I see one. Gary Peters is by far a better cover guy and I feel he makes plays better in open space. But hey that's just one man's opinion and I definitely don't know more than Dabo and BV. (For the record)

Peters didn't play particularly well in that game last sat.

Oct 23, 2012, 7:23 AM

he got burnt a couple of times himself. The one play was the long pass that was early in the second half where logan thomas overthrew the wr by 10 yards.

I know he didn't do well b/c i was bragging about him telling my brother how 26 needs to be in and then he got his chance. Well he made me look foolish pretty much the whole game. But everybody has a bad game. I think he's a more sound hitter and tackler than 21 but we'll have to wait and see if he's an overall improvment.

That play happened becuase he wasn't paying attention

Oct 23, 2012, 8:46 AM

he was looking at the sideline most likely double checking the play and VT snapped the ball when he was out of position. Completely unacceptable true but I at least give him a pass on that as a rookie mistake.

They all are looking to the sideline too much, it seems like

Oct 23, 2012, 8:49 AM

He got caught not paying attention, and that's probably because he wasn't sure how he was supposed to run the play early enough. Don't know if that's on the coaches or on him. Just pick something and run it...i hate this switching stuff up til the last second adding to confusion for the players.

D. Robinson's biggest issue is awareness

Oct 23, 2012, 8:51 AM

He has maybe the worst awareness/ball skills at the DB position I've ever seen in the 30 years I've witnessed Clemson football (that includes the Ford twins from back in the day). A perfect example was the WR screen that he clearly diagnosed pre-snap, but instead of timing it right and getting the pick 6, he completely overruns the ball and barely breaks up the play. Peters seems to just have focus issues. He got burnt on the play LT overthrew because he wasn't paying attention to when the ball was snapped. At this point it doesn't matter if anyone is impressed with GP or not. As thin as we are, he's all we got. So, he's got to play.

Yup, that overthrow should have been a TD.

Oct 23, 2012, 9:32 AM

Not sure why GP was looking to the sidelines after VT was set and ready to snap the ball. At that point, if you don't know the coverage, it's better to just make sure you stay with the guy in front of you.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,692
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic