Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Re: virus, what impresses me is # people who contract from
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Mar 26, 2020, 8:50 AM

One other. Here is an example. A church here in Arkansas held services a few weeks back. One person was found to have it later, had travelled. Ultimately 34 people were tracked back to this one event having it. And then unfortunately, one of Arkansas’ first of two deaths so far can be tracked back to this event. The 91 year old greeter. Obviously by age, he is high risk. But this meeting happened before we knew of our first case in Arkansas. This isn’t irresponsible church leaders who continued to have services after we knew it was in the state. But one person can effect many. Fascinates me.

Now this is where I come from. I am a physician. I’m a white male 43 years old, healthy guy with four kids. I’m Christian and conservative. I’m not making this political, just saying I’m in the group who shouldn’t believe this is a big deal according to many. In fact two weeks ago I was with many on here who thought this wasn’t a big deal. But I believe that was just because I’d never seen anything like it before. It’s real and it’s happening. If you haven’t already, in 2 weeks, you’ll be saying, oh #### this is real. If we can come together and get through the next 3-4 weeks social distancing, disrupting our lives etc, than I think we will greatly alter the number of deaths in this country. I personally believe that ultimately we will have little impact on the number of people who contract it. I believe that if we keep it below what our hospitals can handle, then we will get through this better than other countries as far as number of deaths only. I believe we have the greatest nation in the world. And despite our ranking—there are a lot of things that go into those rankings that many don’t realize—I believe we have the greatest group of healthcare workers in the world when you consider our size. We also have the greatest ability to mobilize, flex, stretch, learn, make a difference, etc. my point is it is a big deal. In 4 weeks I believe NYC and California will have over 50% infected and this will start to wane. I believe Arkansas will peak in four weeks. Suspect SC will be similar except that based on east coast location you may be a touch sooner. But we have to consider this wartime for 2-4 more weeks. Forgive me if you think I’m dramatic. You may not believe me but usually I am quite the opposite. God bless all of you, stay safe and well!

https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/2020/03/23/a-report-on-coronavirus-from-cleburne-county

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 8:57 AM

Voice of reason and reality.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's just pray that the unreasonable voices

Mar 26, 2020, 9:12 AM

will begin to listen and then speak in reality rather than the sound bites that gain attention, pander to conspiracy theories or just blow so long and hard that people can't make head nor tail of fact or fiction...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 9:13 AM

My concern is how little we really know because its so new. Once you've had it are you immune from relapse or are you a carrier? Can survivor antibodies help keep you safe. Vaccine- they are working on but who knows. We just are doing what we can but we need to know so much more

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These questions are critical. Can you get it a second time?

Mar 26, 2020, 9:35 AM

Will many people get it a second time? Could it become seasonal? If so it will be like the flu and we will then have vaccines for it. But hopefully once exposed you won’t get it again- except for maybe immunocompromised.

Re: These questions are critical. Can you get it a second time?

Mar 26, 2020, 9:42 AM

wishful thinking.

Re: These questions are critical. Can you get it a second time?

Mar 26, 2020, 10:38 AM [ in reply to These questions are critical. Can you get it a second time? ]

Once exposed you will not get it again.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 9:40 AM

Well said . A new human virus that spreads easily is always a concern ... still no idea why there are so many folks out there hollering " it's not even as bad as the flu " and other nonsense . This thing is progressing , not going away soon as most had believed .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

You obviously don't know what TF you're talking about

Mar 26, 2020, 10:08 AM

This thing is no big deal. I have watched the news enough to know that this is just a hoax and the Dems are just trying to tank our president's re-election efforts by deliberately shutting down our economy.

If Jerry Fallwell Jr., who's super tight with the man upstairs, says it's safe to congregate in large groups then I believe that too. Do you think just because you're a physician that you know more than Jerry Falwell Jr.? Well do you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Well I did buy some of Jim Baker’s silver solution. But . . .

Mar 26, 2020, 10:12 AM

By that point it was cheaper than hand sanitizer anyways.

Mar 26, 2020, 10:21 AM

Yesterday I went around my small SC town to observe the habits of the residents.

I watched 3 people use the same gas pump without any concern for touching the same handle. I watched 2 of those people punch in their security codes on the keypad. No gloves/no wipe. Both of them were wearing masks. I watched 7 people open the door to go into the gas station...same door handle touched by all. I wondered why there wasn't a restriction to pump sales only. Inside I saw 5 people in line at the register...no spacing. I saw 3 guys get into the front seat of their truck after filling up their boat with gas.

Then I went to the grocery store. There were sanitary wipes at the entrance. Most people had a shopping cart, but no one had gloves. There were old people, moms with children, and even a van of people from a local church. All three registers were open. The cashiers and bag boys were handling each customer's products without any sanitation between customers. There was no spacing in line.

I then noticed that the 2 hardware stores were open. Basically the same as the grocery store.

Every restaurant in town was open with all of them offering only to go orders or drive thru options. I wondered about all of the employees inside...no social distancing there. Hopefully someone was thinking about hygiene...hopefully.

The liquor store and smokes outlet were open. The 2 beauty parlors were open..."essential services"? The tire service store was booming...all 6 seats in the crowded reception area were filled.

2 of the 4 dental offices in town were open and seeing patients just as always.

I think that you see where I'm going here...We just haven't taken this seriously yet. Everyone seems to agree that this is bad, and that precautions need to be implemented...as long as it doesn't inconvenience ME or cost ME a lot of money. I think that the lack of testing of the general public is one of the causes. If someone feels fine and knows of no one close to them that has been tested positve; then they're going to basically go about their day. However, I think that if someone feels fine, but tests positive for the virus; they will then take the necessary measures to isolate/quarantine and change their behaviors. Thanks for listening.

Mar 26, 2020, 10:37 AM

Excellent, excellent observations. I was thinking the same thing. This is how it spreads. I've noticed most stores that usually have wipes and sanitizer don't have them now because people either stole them or they can't get it.

Not to bring potus into it, but to rave about how we've done more than South Korea is false and very misleading because some in the masses really believe it's ok... Government is controlling it and if I get sick I can take miracle drugs.

Italy and France did the same thing you laid out and look where they are now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 10:45 AM

Thanks for keeping it ?? @lovinit .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic