Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When Trump said there should be football this fall.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 1

When Trump said there should be football this fall.

Aug 11, 2020, 9:13 PM

You had to know the Pac-12 would not be playing but I am still a little stump on the big-10. Thoughts or comments?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump tweet = kiss of death in collegiate circles...

Aug 11, 2020, 9:35 PM

Especially west of TX.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump tweet = kiss of death in collegiate circles...

Aug 11, 2020, 9:42 PM

California, Oregon and Washington could not have a football season because Trump wanted it to happen. If he created a vaccine for the china virus or common cold they would band it from those states.

Naw.. they would probably vaccinate the homeless,

Aug 12, 2020, 11:13 AM

Coyotes, white sharks, and redwood trees 1st.

Then the blue collar folks paying for everything.

Tne 1%r were probably vaccinated in February.

1% rich dudes.. not the biker dudes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 12, 2020, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump tweet = kiss of death in collegiate circles... ]

if trump himself personally developed a working vaccine by November and convinced 90% of america to take it and stamp out this virus for good, as a staunch progressive he would have my vote this fall. let's stop being overly dramatic victims and actually admit that we, for the most part, all want the same things.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2020, 12:29 PM

We stop wanting the same things when the liberals hi jacked your party during the Obama years......it is impossible to stand for the same things when all they want to do is hate, #####, and complain about America ......there is the truth and a lie, good and evil, right and wrong, a God and the devil......either you stand for one or the other......can’t have it both ways......Go Tigers!!!!!

Aug 12, 2020, 12:40 PM

I think there are some things we all hate about our government and the levels of corruption in Washington, But most of us love this country. To say that liberals and progressives as a whole hate this country is insulting, you could not be more wrong.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2020, 10:14 PM

if you support and believe in what these liberals are trying to do today and say you love our country is frigging laughable......and I am not being insulting.......just stating the truth and the facts.......something liberals have a very hard time understanding.......Go Tigers!!!!!!!!

Aug 12, 2020, 10:42 PM

no. the problem is both parties suck a$$ and it will be up to us normal moderates to get america back on track.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

So much truth here.

Aug 14, 2020, 12:54 PM

The reality that anyone that becomes so obsessed with either party, they can't step back and see the corruption on both sides is exactly what the media drives and profits from.

Re: So much truth here.

Aug 14, 2020, 1:08 PM

I agree with you on that but if you are a Christian there can be no way you are in favor of the Democrat's agenda.

if you're Christian

Aug 14, 2020, 1:11 PM

You can't be in favor of either party given the greed & corruption that exist.

Both sides are equally responsible for terrible tax, trade and banking policies built, together, over the last 30 years.

Re: if you're Christian

Aug 14, 2020, 6:44 PM

You are right and that is why Trump got elected. I am not a big Trump fan but he was not part of the 30 yrs BS.

Aug 13, 2020, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump tweet = kiss of death in collegiate circles... ]

All the want is power pure and simple.

My Dad

Aug 14, 2020, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump tweet = kiss of death in collegiate circles... ]

My father was a liberal and fought in two wars for his country. You insult his memory with your posts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Dad

Aug 14, 2020, 12:37 PM

Was he a liberal or a Democrat? I think most people on these boards had fathers that were Democrats. That party is long gone never to be seen again.

Re: My Dad

Aug 14, 2020, 1:17 PM

both

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The kool aid is deep with this one

Aug 14, 2020, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump tweet = kiss of death in collegiate circles... ]

Just so you know, you're pretty extreme with your opinions. Depending on the the topic, I can be conservative or progressive, and I'm fairly certain many others are as well. Just depends on the issue. To paint a broad brush and label everyone 1 of 2 things is completely inaccurate. Yes, there are some who are staunch, far right or far left, but your views are not grounded in reality for a very large portion of the public.

Aug 14, 2020, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump tweet = kiss of death in collegiate circles... ]

If you follow the teaching of Jesus you would be supporting the poor, welcoming in refugees, loving all people, forgoing your money to help each other,forgiving people of their sins, and loving God more than your country or your money. Conservatives do not support the poor. They do not want to help refugees. They value their money more than anything else, and they constantly complain about disrespecting our country when people are asking to be treated fairly.

Supporting liberals line up with Christianity much more than being a conservative. So b2westfarm I will say that you need to go to church. God bless you!

Aug 14, 2020, 6:54 PM

Where did I say any thing about Liberals? I am talking about the democratic agenda. Late term abortions = murder. Letting dangers thugs out of jail to comment the same crime over and over. I don't think Jesus would approve of murder but maybe your church does.

Aug 12, 2020, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump tweet = kiss of death in collegiate circles... ]

If you believe in the bible then it's not white against black it is good against evil and I think China is that evil.

I'd vote for him if he ever gave me 1 of these stimulus

Aug 14, 2020, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump tweet = kiss of death in collegiate circles... ]

Checks I keep hearing about.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I'd vote for him if he ever gave me 1 of these stimulus

Aug 14, 2020, 10:10 AM

I am not sure which check you are talking about. The small business Grant?

Re: When Trump said there should be football this fall.

Aug 11, 2020, 9:44 PM

OSU "IS" the Big-10 (or B1G, whatever). Occasionally Mich., Mich. St., or Wisconsin will rattle their cage to no avail, but (it) is to the Big-10 what FSU used to be to the ACC back in the 90's. it's president just came from Stanford, CA to serve her first year at OSU. So, what exactly is your question...? Just my thoughts and comment.

Go Tigers!!!

Aug 11, 2020, 9:46 PM

That would explain a lot.

Aug 11, 2020, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: When Trump said there should be football this fall. ]

You know if the ACC, SEC and big 10 go forward with the football season then Ryan Day will have a fit.

Aug 12, 2020, 10:24 PM

Still remembering he got slobber knocked by “The Great Clemson Tigers” in his last game. Still looking at film saying that was a catch and a fumble!

We really have their number and they are scared to play us and they hate the mean ole Tigers!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Aug 13, 2020, 2:47 PM

He did cry about the officiating in that game. Maybe they are just protesting no NC in a long time. They give it to the SEC or ACC every year and decided not to play. You know take all your toys and go home.

Aug 14, 2020, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: When Trump said there should be football this fall. ]

I'm really hoping all 3 conferences play. At the least I'm hoping the ACC and SEC can play. Maybe Clemson vs Sec champion for national championship. If for some strange reason Clemson slips up maybe Clemson plays Scar in a bowl game. We need some football either way. If all 3 conferences play then probably all 3 conference champs get in and then another SEC team, unless Notre Dame only loses one game.

Aug 11, 2020, 9:56 PM

I have no idea how Trump's opinion effected the PAC12 or the BIG10's decision, if at all.

But, what we're seeing play out at the moment has cultural significance. College Football is sacrosanct in certain areas of the country, and as Clemson fans we know this It's easier for the PAC12 and most of the BIG10 to go along with the decisions not to play. The SEC, ACC, and BigXII reside in CFB driven areas of the country, and their fans and alumni aren't wired culturally like people on the west coast, or upper midwest.

My point is that the culturally the BIG10 and PAC12 decisions aren't surprising. If we have a season it'll be full of teams from traditionally "red states". "Blue state" programs are going to sit it out.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tu For “sacrosanct”. Wouldn’t want to

Aug 12, 2020, 7:35 AM

Play scrabble with you

I think you’re underestimating the importance of college football

Aug 12, 2020, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: When Trump said there should be football this fall. ]

In areas around Ohio state, penn state, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa.

Huge schools with massive football culture.

Re: I think you’re underestimating the importance of college football

Aug 12, 2020, 12:25 PM

Their players are not good well maybe the offensive line are good. The best players are from the south east and west.

Aug 11, 2020, 9:58 PM

Maybe Trump should have given some sort of coherent statement with scientific evidence to push for football to happen if he truly believed it. It's called persuasion. But remember he doesn't actually care about any of these sports or businesses except in how it might relate to his own image.

Aug 11, 2020, 10:04 PM

To say he doesn’t care I’m assuming you met with Trump and he told you these things. When did this meeting take place? What else did he tell you ?

Aug 11, 2020, 10:10 PM

Some people know Trump personally on this board. LOL

Aug 11, 2020, 10:12 PM

Trump is about as influential in this as a three day old fart.

Aug 11, 2020, 10:14 PM

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story or post, come on man. LOL

Aug 11, 2020, 11:04 PM

Oh you must be right. Trump has been known to be stealthy and cagey, perhaps even clandestine, when it comes to showing his truest intentions

He is certainly no open book, would need to read one to be one of course

His keen intellect and insatiable curiosity drives that man to wisely listen more than he speaks (eh Tweets).

Trump is as hard to read as a kindergartenpr gorimer or a Communist manifesto

All Hail or is that Heil Trump?

Aug 11, 2020, 11:14 PM

Wait a min. now. The other side has pinko communist lights shinning off of them every day. Conrad Bernie and AOC will be running things and Slow Joe will be wondering what day it is.

Aug 11, 2020, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Re: When Trump said there should be football this fall. ]

Don't you have some buildings to burn down or old ladies to assault? Run back to your parents basement, or back under you rock, whichever the case may be.

Aug 11, 2020, 11:23 PM

Beat up a Vietnam vet in a wheelchair or something?

Aug 12, 2020, 6:49 AM [ in reply to Re: When Trump said there should be football this fall. ]

Hahaha!!!! Wow....... you ok? Do you need a nap? If not.....Please.....tell us more.

Aug 12, 2020, 6:35 AM

I’ve thought all along the pac12 would cancel (but but but it’s not politics.......) and I think the misread on the big10 is people looks at the states the league is on without knowing the leagues leadership. If it’s run by a bunch of Marxist’s it doesn’t really matter where it sits.

Aug 12, 2020, 11:03 AM

You maybe correct but if there is no college football then the left will blame Trump just wait and see. They are trying to blame him for the China virus and clearly it China's fault.

Aug 12, 2020, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: When Trump said there should be football this fall. ]

Almost none of these colleges reflect the general population as they are all full of America hating marxists. Some are more vocal than others but they are 90% Democrat and not the middle of the road type Democrats either. Remember that when you pay whatever they demand to send your kid to get reeducated.

If Trump says the world is round, the Democrats (and Sammy

Aug 12, 2020, 11:07 AM

Watkins) will suddenly tell you it is flat. That is what is wrong with Congress today. EVERYTHING is voted on along straight party lines, it does not matter what the merits of what is being voted on is. That is not the way to get anything done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Red state conferences will be more likely to play than

Aug 12, 2020, 11:19 AM

blue state conferences. Simple as that.

Basketball should be good and that decision will be made after the November election. Feel free to hold me accountable to that. Also around that time, we'll find out that there are drugs already out there that are effective against the COVID-19 and those will start being encouraged.

Re: Red state conferences will be more likely to play than

Aug 12, 2020, 11:26 AM

If after November and Slow Joe wins the virus will go away then that will be all you need to know and blame.

Aug 12, 2020, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Red state conferences will be more likely to play than ]

People can debate the reasons all they want but it’s impossible to deny the conference decisions are blue states/ red states.

Aug 12, 2020, 12:12 PM

That is very true.

These conferences aren't throwing away tens of

Aug 12, 2020, 12:55 PM

millions of dollars just to get one up on Trump. That's pure insanity to believe that.

Political pressure is absolutely playing a big role in this but it's not about Trump.

Re: These conferences aren't throwing away tens of

Aug 12, 2020, 12:59 PM

OK

Aug 12, 2020, 9:39 PM [ in reply to These conferences aren't throwing away tens of ]

It's all about Trump. He has caused this mess all by himself, well according to the left wing Marxist that hate America and want to bring it is knees. The media (ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN) have been blaming Trump for everything under sun. Wait and see if he did not cause CFB not to be played this year according to them anyway.

Aug 13, 2020, 8:05 AM

If someone would have told you 5 years ago that the day would come in 2020 when Americans would be banned from traveling to Canada, Mexico, Europe, and many other nations and continents because of our failure to adequately deal with a pandemic, would you have believed it. Well, it has happened and it happened on Trump's watch.

Aug 13, 2020, 8:56 AM

You can blame Trump for what ever you like. 5 years ago if someone told you that capitalisms was evil and all white men were evil and we have to reset America and become a Marxist country would you have believed them? Would you have believed someone like AOC would be controlling the DNC? Would you have believed they would elect a candidate that does not remember what state he is in or he is running for the Presidency of the USA not a senate seat in Delaware? Should I go on?

Sure, go on***

Aug 14, 2020, 1:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sure, go on***

Aug 14, 2020, 2:48 PM

Done gone my friend.

Aug 13, 2020, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: These conferences aren't throwing away tens of ]

What is the endgame of the Marxists who hate America and want to tear it down? What is their ultimate goal? Tear it down and.... do what? Seriously--would like to know how the logic plays out on this.

Aug 13, 2020, 9:06 AM

Then end game is to have total control of your every move. Do away with the electoral college and have state like California and New York have control of the government. Take away you white privilege and your money to give it to other people that don't have much so there will be an equal playing field or according to them anyway. You will not have to work for anything and it is all free. Should I go on?

Aug 13, 2020, 9:27 AM

Yes, please go on if there is more. Everything will be free and no one will work? I'm guessing this is an exaggeration on your part. Surely even the Marxists expect some people will have to work?

Aug 13, 2020, 9:36 AM

The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money.

Aug 13, 2020, 9:54 AM

So the plan is to steal as much of other people's money while they can, have a good run for between 8-48 years, and then skedaddle to the Caymans when the ponzi scheme comes crashing down?

Presumably that's why high rollers at Goldman Sachs, Blackstone, Morgan Stanley and other Wall Street firms--people you wouldn't normally associate with Marxism--are donating millions to Biden so they can get their cut of the take during the fleecing, right?

Aug 13, 2020, 10:18 AM

I get it now. You are a Trump hater because he has done everything he said he would do to get elected the first time and that is the only politician that I can remember that has done that in 3 yrs. Maybe all those companies that are backing Biden want all the china deals to stay in place. How much did you make in China? China is not our friend they are the enemy don't ever forget that please. Read your bible.

Aug 14, 2020, 3:43 PM

I get it now. You are a Trump hater because he has done everything he said he would do to get elected the first time and that is the only politician that I can remember that has done that in 3 yrs. Maybe all those companies that are backing Biden want all the china deals to stay in place. How much did you make in China? China is not our friend they are the enemy don't ever forget that please. Read your bible.

Trump made Mexico pay for a wall? No but atleast he built the wall....no he didn't .... He fixed our health care with his brilliant Trumpcare.. what no he didn't. Trump cleaned the swamp... Oh no not again... Nope he didn't do it either. He locked her up atleast. Oh no , he didn't . He defiently made jobs more plentiful. Oh no we have really high unemployment too right now. He made companies make things in America. Nope. Even his own MAGA hats are made in China. Hmmm. He surely made good on some campaign promises. He made America great again. Wait no we were already great. He's just made the country more divisive and we have citizens protesting across the country. Oh my. He didn't make one campaign promises come true. Oh my. ... So sad.

Aug 14, 2020, 4:58 PM

We do now after China unleashed their virus on us while banning travel from Wuhan any where else in China. Maybe Biden can get you 1 billion dollar investment in your company like he did for his son. Who know maybe we all can get that deal.

Aug 13, 2020, 10:20 AM

Does anyone want to go to places like Seattle to play football or anything else these days anyway?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 10:30 AM

I hear its a nice place to visit if you enjoy burning, looting, assaulting little old ladies and being a piece of human garbage in general. You know, Democrat party type behaviors.

Aug 13, 2020, 10:55 AM

Don't forget late term abortions = murder, we don't need those people anyway because we can replace them with people south of the border.

Aug 14, 2020, 1:07 PM

Has Biden came out of the basement yet.

We (football fans) wish Trump had used reverse psychology

Aug 14, 2020, 3:15 PM

and said 'I'm against college football being played this Fall"...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2020, 5:07 PM

You had to know the Pac-12 would not be playing but I am still a little stump on the big-10. Thoughts or comments?

My theory about the 180 turn they took is related to the presidents taking a poll last weekend and finding a couple presidents were adamant about canceling. Then they decide let’s not be rash and postponed a final vote. I liken it to a trial where a couple of jurors are not hearing any amount of opposing evidence. The rest realize quickly they are not going to change their minds. They have to stick together, and leave the commissioner with a bag of lame arguments for why cancel now. Notice that they can’t relax any rules to let some schools play non-conference because at least 10 would immediately start rebuilding schedules and embarrass the entire conference for the sham they are playing out.

Replies: 71
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic