Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bahamas Trip in Peril - just me blowing off steam - ignore
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Bahamas Trip in Peril - just me blowing off steam - ignore

Mar 16, 2020, 10:23 AM

So as recent as Friday, my department manager promised me:

1. if schools close, you'll be able to work from home and receive full pay, etc. Don't worry about it.
2. There won't be any issues to your long-standing vacation trip to the Bahamas next week. Just be careful.

This morning:

1. If you go on your trip, you'll have to stay at home for 1 week and self-quarantine (me - no big deal).

2. That self quarantine time will most likely count as vacation time, taken from your accrued time (sucks a fat one). Also, if you have to stay home with the kids, that will most likely count as vacation time and/or unexcused time away from work.

3. We may not be letting you "work from home" as previously promised.

Well that's quite a 180. I may not end up going on the trip. It sucks, but wouldn't be the end of the world. With SarahAdidas being a nurse, she'll more than likely be working forced-overtime soon, and I won't have a choice but to stay home. I could do 90% of my job from home, but it sounds like these d-bags want to play hard-ball and force me to burn vacation. I hope they don't expect me do lift a damnnn finger for this place while I'm sitting at home burning vacation. That work phone will be left in my office for that time period.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

It sounds like your company is going to try to

Mar 16, 2020, 10:27 AM

get sued into oblivion. Do you have enough co-workers to rally around and mess up some executives?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can you wfh? if so, they are total douchholes

Mar 16, 2020, 10:32 AM

and i would find another job

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's strange they would flip

Mar 16, 2020, 10:35 AM

Company I work for is letting me work from home while school is off, doesn’t count as time off.

Mimosa anyone??? ??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weren't you building a lake house?

Mar 16, 2020, 1:06 PM

If you're moved in I'll meet you at Big Water marina for drinks later this week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's not even any cases in the Bahamas***

Mar 16, 2020, 10:36 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet.

Mar 16, 2020, 10:56 AM

Re: Bahamas Trip in Peril - just me blowing off steam - ignore

Mar 16, 2020, 10:56 AM

I just reminded boss that SarahAdidas is a nurse and he said, "oh yea, you'll need to work from home then."

I expect this to change 3 more times before I leave today.

Mar 16, 2020, 10:59 AM

1) if you can work remotely, why wouldn't they allow that

2) if 1 is true, why wouldn't you just work during your quarantine?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2020, 11:32 AM

1. I don't know.

2. If 1 is true, then I'll work from home.

These companies are showing their true colors

Mar 16, 2020, 11:06 AM

My boss sent an email out yesterday saying its completely okay to work from home if you fall into a high risk category based on CDC guidelines.

CDC says the following groups are high risk:

-Older adults
-People with heart diseas
-People with diabetes
-People with lung disease

Being a firm of 12 people, he knows #### well no one falls into this category. Being a small firm of 12 people, he knows #### well there are:

-Employees with newborn and young children
-Employees who have spouses with MS
-Employees who have spouses that are currently pregnant, therefore immunocrompromised

I know im not the only one who is bothered by this because we 100% CAN work from home. Hardos like this are the ones that are covering the bare minimum for guidelines, but will say they did everything in their power to protect employees.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Want to come work for us? Seriously. We can hire you

Mar 16, 2020, 11:09 AM

pretty quickly in our Raleigh office.

The Raleigh hydro group are all at home right now. We are all in the office in Charlotte, but probably going home for the rest of the week.

Just let me know.

Seriously, your boss sucks.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I may be in touch

Mar 16, 2020, 11:14 AM

I enjoy where I work, but this is just some absolute insanity and putting people at risk that don't need to be put at risk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: These companies are showing their true colors

Mar 16, 2020, 11:14 AM [ in reply to These companies are showing their true colors ]

We are a small business as well. Owners are older/old school. I would say 80% of our work could be done from home with the systems we have now. Probably 90+% with a little bit of planning and front end work.

We got an email this weekend saying that we should stay home if we are sick. They should have closed the office.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hardos?***

Mar 16, 2020, 11:26 AM [ in reply to These companies are showing their true colors ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Hardo

Mar 16, 2020, 11:46 AM

A hardo is a person who tries extremely hard at everything. Most times a hardo will try very hard at things that do not require excessive effort.

In this case, he meets the definition of a hardo because he is going above and beyond to ensure employees are in the office when we can 100% work from home.

You need to start a fight club.

Mar 16, 2020, 11:10 AM

That's how you deal with the man!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic