Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+

Dec 29, 2019, 10:32 PM

are DELUSIONAL. LSU may win but 30ish would be more the norm. These clowns get to 1 playoff and just have poop mouth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+

Dec 29, 2019, 10:34 PM

Bama said the same thing. So did Georgia. The only reason we didn’t score 40 against UGA is we took our foot off of the gas. To give respect to the Clemson D....we will probably only score 39....to clemsons 21???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excuse me sir. Those teams suck out loud in pass coverage***

Dec 29, 2019, 10:36 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+ ]

Enjoy this natty. LSU won’t be back for a while, but Clemson will be here whenever that comes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Dec 29, 2019, 10:39 PM

You only beat Bama scooter because Tua came into the game hurt. You ought to stop now.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 10:47 PM

However you have to justify this on your mind....scooter

Dec 29, 2019, 10:51 PM

If only it could be settled on the field. Oh, wait....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 29, 2019, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Re: These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+ ]

And his other bragging points are...

1) a team that has an SP+ 34th ranked offense that lost at home to a 4-8 South Carolina (UGA)
2) a team with a 36th ranked SP+ defense that has a QB that only looked better this year because he went to a conference with no defenses (OU) (the same guy that's never scored over 7 points against Clemson without an aided defensive pick to put him starting in opponent territory).
3) a team that played Miami within 4 points (24-20)...the same Miami he's made fun of on here in another topic for losing to LA Tech....but that team played FL how close?
4) and a very close game where they played a QB that had surgery just weeks prior to the game and was clearly not playing at 100%.

hmmmm......

Dec 30, 2019, 8:28 AM

Your only bragging point is that you were able to overcome an absolute mugging by North Carolina… Let that sink in....North Carolina!!!

If Mack Brown wasn’t such an idiot, there’s a really good chance you lose that game.

That A&M game was a lot closer than you guys are willing to admit… I watched it from beginning to end. I never had a doubt you would win the game and Clemson was clearly the better team but for some reason you never could just kick them out of the game.

Dec 30, 2019, 9:25 AM

It was 24-3 before the last 10 seconds... We absolutely dominated A&M in the trenches & in the air. You bring up UNC, which was a total D- performance from our team yet our D- performance made the plays it needed to win the game. Both the games you bring up were at the beginning of the season when everyone was telling the world Lawrence & the offense sucked.

LSU beat 7-5 Texas by 7. Great teams aren’t immune to close games against lesser teams. It’s a part of the game.

LSU has faced an average offense of 62 while Clemson has faced an average offense of 61. We’ve played pretty much the exact caliber of offenses; yet, Clemson’s defense ranks head & shoulders above LSU (1 & 32).

Alabama averaged 47 points last year going into the championship game. LSU averages 48. We held Bama to 16. Don’t count your chickens before they hatch. You might beat us by 40; but there’s a chance you lose by 40.

It’ll be a good game but I think the disparity of defensive strength will be the difference and Clemson wins it 45-35.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+ ]

The aTm game you keep referring to was a total domination by Clemson. The Clemson defense this year is better than the one from last year that held a better Alabama offense to 16 points. You really need to let that sink in.

Dec 30, 2019, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+ ]

Okay Red Stick.

OSU was only able to score 23 against Clemson.
Their offense is very highly rated like LSU's.
They dominated other teams all year.

but of course your arrogance won't let you see that
as something that might happen to your team.

Your defense is much worse than OSU's. So I think
that right there will tell the tale.

Keep drinking that gumbo Koolade.

It'll be fun to hear what you have to say after the game.

Oh that's right.... we won't hear a peep from you.

Dec 29, 2019, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+ ]

A defense that allowed Vandy to put up 38 is going to hold a top 5 offense to 21? Ok.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Dec 29, 2019, 11:08 PM

I had to double check that...OMG...you're right!!

LSU gave up 38 to Vandy. Too funny

Did LSU find a defense somewhere?***

Dec 29, 2019, 11:08 PM [ in reply to Re: These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+ ]

Hang in there Gumbo you'll be OK***

Dec 29, 2019, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Re: These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+ ]

Dec 30, 2019, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Re: These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+ ]

Our D was a lot better last year. We just gave up over 500 yards to Ohio State. No telling what happens.

You quote those crap defenses for your argument?

Dec 30, 2019, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+ ]

How delusional are you people?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 30, 2019, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+ ]

You can’t compare those two sorry secondaries to Clemson. This is not going to be the video game numbers you guys are used to seeing vs the overhyped SEC defenses

You may be right!

Dec 30, 2019, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+ ]

Good Luck!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 30, 2019, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+ ]

Three reasons Clemson will beat LSU, Trevor Lawrence, ETN, and Brent Venables play calling on defense. And Isiah Simmons will shutdown your best receiver.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well if you didn’t know Joe Burrow is better than

Dec 29, 2019, 10:35 PM

Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Tom Brady and Trevor Lawrence combined. So we’re doomed.

I would like to see our defensive line be more active with their hands and get more consistent pressure.

Yeah, and if you don't believe it, just ask

Dec 29, 2019, 10:43 PM

Joe Burrow.

LSU fans are proving to be worse than OSU

Dec 29, 2019, 10:49 PM

At least a large portion of Ohio State fans were offering respect for our program and team. I have seen 100+ posts where LSU fans say they will win by 50.

By 50.

Wow.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are letting the OU win go to their heads...

Dec 29, 2019, 10:54 PM

I definitely think OU deserved the 4th spot in the CFP (although they really got in by default) but there's no arguing that there is a big gap between the top three teams and EVERYONE else.

The Big12 is an offensive conference that doesn't play defense and that was on full display again yesterday evening.

Of course, it was exacerbated by LSU continuing to play most of their starters until late in the 4th quarter even though the outcome of the game was no longer even remotely in doubt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I was in disbelief...

Dec 29, 2019, 10:58 PM

LSU was playing with fire in the 4th qtr yesterday. For what? They looked like a classless bunch of fools running up the score like that. Their starting QB was still slinging passes in the 4th quarter...they are lucky no one got hurt.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was in disbelief...

Dec 30, 2019, 9:45 AM

LSU was playing with fire in the 4th qtr yesterday. For what? They looked like a classless bunch of fools running up the score like that. Their starting QB was still slinging passes in the 4th quarter...they are lucky no one got hurt.

In the 2nd half LSU was in the 4 min offense.

After throwing 7 TD passes in the 1st half, Joe threw none in 2nd. LSU simply ground it out, killing clock, throwing only to keep possession. Did miss a FG tho, only 4 possessions total, kneeling at the end.

Dec 30, 2019, 9:45 AM [ in reply to I was in disbelief... ]

After throwing 7 TD passes in the 1st half, Joe threw none in 2nd. LSU simply ground it out, killing clock, throwing only to keep possession. Did miss a FG tho, only 4 possessions total, kneeling at the end.

Dec 30, 2019, 9:45 AM [ in reply to I was in disbelief... ]

Obviously the NCAA was able to get the right OU players suspended.***

Dec 29, 2019, 11:04 PM [ in reply to They are letting the OU win go to their heads... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: LSU fans are proving to be worse than OSU

Dec 29, 2019, 10:55 PM [ in reply to LSU fans are proving to be worse than OSU ]

It's amazing what putting up points on a depleted Oklahoma defense will do for a fanbases confidence.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Dec 29, 2019, 10:55 PM

36 is realistic

Dec 29, 2019, 11:00 PM

It’s funny how Clemson fans still have no clue that this is the greatest single season QB in SEC history possibly in FBS history. You will find out in two weeks what a GOAT looks like.

The SEC isn't exactly known for GREAT QB's.

Dec 29, 2019, 11:04 PM

Yeah sure, Manning. But don't put Tebow and Stafford in that category. The SEC is not a QB league.

LOL. Burreaux plays weak SEC defenses. Of course he looked great. ***

Dec 29, 2019, 11:06 PM [ in reply to Re: These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+ ]

The GOAT beat the best defense in the universe in 2016

Dec 29, 2019, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Re: These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+ ]

And then the current GOAT beat the best team ever in 2018.

Bur-oh has had a fantastic year, but I'm glad OU whiffed so hard on defense, because the comparison between us and them are nowhere close.

Clemson

Dec 29, 2019, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+ ]

Alex Jones said:

It’s funny how Clemson fans still have no clue that this is the greatest single season QB in SEC history possibly in FBS history. You will find out in two weeks what a GOAT looks like.

Lol unfortunately for you ... you will see the GOAT at QB in the game . His name is Trevor Lawrence but you’ll be calling him DADDY!!!

Dec 29, 2019, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+ ]

Alex Jones said:

Lol unfortunately for you ... you will see the GOAT at QB in the game . His name is Trevor Lawrence but you’ll be calling him DADDY!!!

You guys act like you’ve never seen a good QB

Dec 29, 2019, 11:31 PM [ in reply to Re: These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+ ]

Dec 30, 2019, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+ ]

Little brother,
To be the man you've got to beat the man.
See ya in two weeks, bring your big boy pants.

LSU can beat half of the NFL teams'...

Dec 29, 2019, 11:02 PM

and other things people while tripping on acid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 11:08 PM

LSU....... nothing but paper Tigers. Hope they keep drinking that ESPN gas.

Dec 30, 2019, 8:59 AM

keith75® said:

LSU....... nothing but paper Tigers.

Neither of these teams are "Paper Tigers".

Dec 30, 2019, 7:50 AM

You sound a little like the bucknuts.

Dec 30, 2019, 7:56 AM

The over/under for them in Vegas is 37. Our over/under is 31. I already bet on our over.

Dec 30, 2019, 8:19 AM

BOOK IT.....we scoring 45+

Dec 30, 2019, 9:42 AM

Okay, you guys score 40+. Clemson will be scoring 60+. Defense wins games!

You barely scored half that against Auburn but OKAYYY

Dec 30, 2019, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+ ]

Dec 30, 2019, 8:34 AM

are DELUSIONAL. LSU may win but 30ish would be more the norm. These clowns get to 1 playoff and just have poop mouth.

Time will tell.
It is an offense Herbstreit says is the best he's seen in the 25 yrs he's been covering football. That is juxtaposed against your defensive scheme which shut down Bama last year.

But with the O/U sitting at 69.5, I'd take the over.

Tiger Rant

Dec 30, 2019, 9:52 AM

Honestly I wenty to their forum and most of them are very realistic . In fact the post your refering to thay are about 50-50 on . After seeing the OSU board , ( where posters are talking about punching Dabo in the throuaght ) , it is actually pretty tame and realistic.

Dec 30, 2019, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: These LSU Clowns That Think LSU is Gonna Score 40+ ]

This is from a non-biased perspective - I live in B10 country and don’t really have a dog in this fight. I do want to thank Clemson for turning cRyan Day into a whiny little ##### - I was cheering for the Tigers the whole game.

All I want to see is great national championship game between two great teams and hope this one goes down to the wire.

As for LSU, where they seem to get big mismatches is having one of those three skilled receivers in the slot and matching them up on a safety. I’m not sure that you want a steady dose of Muse or Turner trying to match up man to man. Turner made a big play at the end but I saw him get spun around a few times and LSU’s receivers appear to be a step up from O$U’s. Maybe Venables comes out in nickel right away (4-2-5) and gets an extra CB on the field to match up with LSU?

To me the whole game comes down to the matchup between LSU’s OL vs the Clemson front seven. They have to move Burrows off his spot and when they flush him they can’t allow time for him to move and scan the field as his receivers break off their primary routes and start improvising. He seems even more dangerous in this scenario than when he’s in the pocket. The LSU offense looks like it’s operating in a 7-7 summer league game most of the time - that OL is pretty darn good.

I think Clemson will be able to score but they need the balance that they’ve had all year - Etienne has to be good.

Looking forward to a great game - especially the QB play on both sides of the ball. So many compelling story lines, Venables vs Brady, two great OL’s, two elite level QB’s - this should be one for the ages.

Alabama scored 45 in 2015.

Dec 30, 2019, 10:24 AM

One TD was a Kickoff Return. Hopefully Potter has fixed that problem.

We'll see another great game.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 30, 2019, 10:51 AM

Last game, don't care if they score 60, as long as we score 61.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic