Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU is NOT a LOCK
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

LSU is NOT a LOCK

Dec 2, 2019, 2:50 PM

I’ll say it again, no CCG loser will get in over a 1-loss P5 Conference Champ, PERIOD!
Even if the unthinkable happens, LSU is out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no way you could convince me that Utah, Baylor, or

Dec 2, 2019, 2:54 PM

Oklahoma are better than LSU and Ohio State even if they both lose this weekend. Same record, better resumes, far more dominant, etc. The only feather in the caps of those teams would be some faux importance added to one specific game of the 13.

I really don't know what the committee would do, but it would be a mess with some pretty nasty fallout.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's no way you could convince me that Utah, Baylor, or

Dec 2, 2019, 3:38 PM

Here's the thing, LSU is not a balanced team. According to the current NCAA rankings, the top defenses are:

1. OSU
2. Clemson
3. Utah
4. UGA
35. LSU

Offense:
2. LSU
3. Clemson
5. OSU
25. Utah
55. UGA

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Correct

Dec 2, 2019, 2:56 PM

I've been wasting my time trying to tell people the same thing... nobody seems to want to believe the truth. However, I admire your effort in trying to spread the truth.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU is NOT a LOCK

Dec 2, 2019, 3:02 PM

In that scenario, I think that a 2 loss champion is out. I do not think they would kick out Wisconsin and put in Ohio St, since they just lost to them. So that means LSU gets in. I do think that among 1 loss teams, championships matter. But once the champion has two or more losses, then they are at great risk when good, 1 loss teams are available (Alabama 2 years ago).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU is NOT a LOCK

Dec 2, 2019, 3:05 PM

Yes, correcting my own mistake....no big ten team in that scenario, and PAC and Big 8 get in, so no LSU.

And following your scenario...we would be able to play in Atlanta, probably against Utah.

Message was edited by: JPRICH Top Paw®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

clem okie utah uga***

Dec 2, 2019, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU is NOT a LOCK ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are not going to leave out a 1 loss LSU team over a 1

Dec 2, 2019, 3:15 PM

loss UGA. So LSU has one loss to UGA and UGA has 1 loss to South Carolina! Any team can have 1 bad game but LSU has consistently been a good team the rest of this year even if their defense has been somewhat questionable.

Add to that the fact that ESPN has everyone believing that the SEC is the Mack Daddy of college football and I don't see it happening.

Personally i would seed those teams like this

Dec 2, 2019, 3:20 PM

1) Clemson
2) Georgia
3) Ohio St
4) LSU
5) Utah
6) OU/Baylor
7) Wisconsin

I'm all for the "tie goes to the conference champion," but i just don't see a tie between OSU/LSU and those other teams. I see two teams that are still pretty clearly a notch above the other 3. Ohio State and LSU would have equal records (or superior in the case of Wisconsin), better wins, "better losses," and just far more dominance throughout the season.

I want to believe you and agree with you.. but I just don't

Dec 2, 2019, 3:29 PM

see how they leave out LSU and OSU after the hype they have gotten. Should they? Yes. Will they? I just don't see it.

I do think if a one-loss non champion were to get in over TWO P5, 1-loss CHAMPIONS, there would be a revolt and things would change.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I want to believe you and agree with you.. but I just don't

Dec 2, 2019, 3:49 PM

This post is spot on. A close loss by LSU to Uga, and they are in. Ya'll know the biased crap with the sec. I think it would take something monumental; like a 31-3 kind of LSU loss to get them bumped down to #5. It would be great for Uga to beat them because that could put the two of us in ATL. How fun that would be....

LSU is a lock . . .

Dec 2, 2019, 3:37 PM

Seems like every time the committee does something or cites some criteria as the decisive factor in a given case, folks assume it creates some sort of bright line "rule" or precedent about what they will or won't ever do in a different given, defined situation . . . I don't think it works that way in reality. There is no rule or precedent they can't or won't take a 1 loss non-conf champ over a 1 loss conf champ. It's clear that conf championships can be factors, but exactly what they do with that *as* a factor is not a rigid standard. If the committee believes LSU is unequivocally better, with a loss to Ga but wins over Bama, Auburn, Florida, etc. then will a PAC-12 title game really upend all that? To insist so seems to privilege that last week over the entirety of the season.

Personally, I'm positive that the only way LSU gets left out is if Georgia blows them out. So, I guess, LSU is not a lock in that sense. But I think it depends entirely on LSU's loss, and no automatic guarantee's that a conf champ would necessarily get in over LSU. If LSU plays competitively, they're in.

Re: LSU .... You have bumped your head if you think LSU

Dec 2, 2019, 3:58 PM

Isn't in even with a loss.
Not gonna happen.... it's in the E$ecPN bylaws.

After the LSU loss It would be:

O31o St
Clem
Ga
LSU

Clem x Ga in Atlanta
O31o St x LSU in Cali

Re: LSU .... You have bumped your head if you think LSU

Dec 2, 2019, 3:59 PM

actually they'll put Ga 2nd and Clemson 3rd .....but same playoff setup.

Whats a Virgina?

Dec 2, 2019, 5:46 PM

Nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU is in & I Hope Clemson Get 1st Shot!

Dec 2, 2019, 6:04 PM

I want us to play LSU in the Semi-final. I think we will put brakes on them like Auburn did(23 pts). But, our offense is much better than Auburn.

LSU is in b/c they have done so much and looked so dominant. The politics would never allow for them to be left out.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any chance the committee and ESPN can put in 2 SEC teams, they are going to take it.

Dec 2, 2019, 6:08 PM

Don’t be fooled by logic on paper. No chance LSU or Ohio State is out at this point IMO

Any chance the committee and ESPN can put in 2 SEC teams, they are going to take it.

Dec 2, 2019, 6:08 PM

Don’t be fooled by logic on paper. No chance LSU or Ohio State is out at this point IMO

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic