Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here are some stats for you!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Here are some stats for you!

May 22, 2018, 9:08 AM

First off, KB is a great person and don't mean to pile on. I just don't see how anyone thinks he is anything other than an average passer. Did you all watch the games last season???

Anyway, here is how KB stacked up passing against other ACC QB's last year.

Completion Percentage: #1 in the ACC at 65.8%. Right behind him is Lamar Jackson at 65.1%

Passing Yards: #7 in the ACC at 2678 yards. Some notable stud QB's that rank in front of him are Josh Jackson, John Wolford, Malik Rosier, Kurt Benkert, Ryan Finley, and Lamar Jackson. Lamar Jackson threw for 3,489 yards

Yards per attempt: #5 in the ACC at 7.4 yds/attempt. Lamar Jackson led at 8.7 yds/attempt

Passing TD's: #9 in the ACC at only 13. 5 different QB's were tied at first w/ 25 TD's. Nearly double KB's output.

Interceptions: He only threw 6 which is tied for the lowest in the ACC w/ Lamar Jackson, Ryan Finley, and John Wolford. The issue here is that the other 3 QB's threw for double the touchdowns.

QB Rating: 138.1. This is behind John Wolford, Lamar Jackson, Max Browne, and Josh Jackson. Also Hunter Johnson had a 167.6 QB Rating.

At the elite level that we have recruited especially at QB, this production is unacceptable. There were 5 other QB's that were better than KB in the ACC. We also had the best WR group and a really good O-Line.

Another stat that is interesting is that he is #1 in completion percentage, but #7 in Yardage and #9 in passing TD's. This just shows that the coaches are having to mold the offense to his limited ability. He is just throwing gimme passes over and over again. He had BY FAR the best team around him, but he couldn't perform better than 5th best in the ACC.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here are some stats for you!

May 22, 2018, 9:11 AM

Spot on. Can’t argue that

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but those other guys had some pretty good WR

May 22, 2018, 9:15 AM

to throw to

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, but those other guys had some pretty good WR

May 22, 2018, 9:19 AM

Can’t tell if you are being sarcastic. Did any other team in the ACC have 2 WRs drafted? I seriously don’t know. We had the most stacked WR corps in the ACC

Re: Yeah, but those other guys had some pretty good WR

May 22, 2018, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Yeah, but those other guys had some pretty good WR ]

Does it matter who you throw to if you overthrow them by 5 yards?
Or make receivers wait all day on the ball on screen passes so by the time they catch it AFTER they’ve jumped to do it because the pass was high? Giving them no opportunity to make a play

May I offer another stat. 12-2, acc champ, playoffs***

May 22, 2018, 9:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: May I offer another stat. 12-2, acc champ, playoffs***

May 22, 2018, 9:29 AM

Correct.

And our defense should get most of the credit

Do you remember that time that we only beat Auburn by 8? And our defense had something like 13 sacks?

KB did have an impressive run in thy game though.

Just stats and facts please..

May 22, 2018, 9:52 AM

I do remermbet clemsons crappy qb beating auburn.

Remember that time Trevor Lawrence beat auburn by 8?

Remember that time auburn's qb beat bama? He must have been a 5star, 3 time heisman.

Btw, a watson lead offemse only beat auburn by 6...so...oh, and he also lost to bama the 1st time they played. Gosh he must have been the suxor.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Just stats and facts please..

May 22, 2018, 10:02 AM

Let's please refrain from comparing KB to Deshaun.

Deshaun had a 68% completion rate, 4,104 yards passing, 35 passing TDs, 1105 Rushing yards, and 12 rushing tds

KB had a 67.4% completion rate, 2,678 yards passing, 13 passing TDs, 646 rushing yards, and 11 tds.

This was when DW was a true sophomore compared to Kelly as a RS Junior.

The comparison isn't even close. Please stop

Well sir. You brought up clemson qb performance

May 22, 2018, 10:11 AM

Vs auburn as some sort of litmus test, not i.
I guess you do not wish to do that anymore?

You posted watson and kb's starting qb stas at clemson. Does this mean you want to move the argument to starting qb stats? I am willing.

Can you please provide starting qb stats for CB and TL at clemson? I'll take true fresh, Redshirt graduate student , or 5th year starter stats..doesnt matter to me. Thank you

Re: Well sir. You brought up clemson qb performance

May 22, 2018, 10:30 AM

So do you think we went 12-2 because KB is a great QB and lead us to those 12-2 wins? I for one think we are just that much more talented than all but 3 of the teams we played last year (Auburn, Bama, and FSU). Look at the offense output in all three of those games. FSU is outlier because we scored 14 points with 6 min left off turnover and a short filed to make it look better.

I'm not against KB. If he starts then we will still win 10 or 11 games regular season. Which is still fantastic. I'm looking at the future and playoffs. To me TL OR CB gives us the best chance to beat those better teams. JMHO

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well sir. You brought up clemson qb performance

May 22, 2018, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Well sir. You brought up clemson qb performance ]

I brought up the Auburn game because some people think KB is responsible for the 12 wins we had last year. I brought up that example because our D won that game for us, not KB's poor QB play. I didn't bring up Deshaun, you did. I brought up the stats because your dumbarse was trying to compare the two. The difference is staggering.

KB is an average QB. That's all that I am saying. We brought in the #1 qb in the last 2 classes along with 3 other 4 * qbs in recent years. I believe that it is unacceptable to have middle of the pack qb play when we have out-recruited every team in the ACC by far.

Your thread started off as STATS

May 22, 2018, 10:46 AM

Which are facts. True enough

You went on to use those facts to justify your opinion "kb is an average qb"
I used stats to counter. You then used clemson's good defense to make another opinion about kb. I again used stats to counter.

The clemson coaches brought in 2 top rated qbs and decided ,( will decide ) which 1 to play.

If that is truly unacceptable to you, I reccomend calling , texting, mailing, Facebooking, Tweeting the AD with your iptay number and request a coaching change. I can't say how successful you will be, but it is worth a shot.

Tnet will certainly not decide.

Re: Your thread started off as STATS

May 22, 2018, 11:02 AM

Dude, calm down. I'm not talking about coaches decisions in regard to our qb situation. Why are you even arguing with me about a topic that I didn't even bring up. I am well aware that they have way more aptitude and knowledge on the subject. What the hell are you talking about? I never mentioned anything about coaches. I also never said anything about playing time with Trevor Lawrence. All I mentioned was KB's lack of production.

I posted stats comparing him to ACC QB's and he ranked in the middle of the pack. That's not good. The mind blowing stats that you keep mentioning were "he led us to a 12-2 record". Truly enlightening sir. I guess there is very little room for improvement because of our record.

That shouldn't be ignored.

May 22, 2018, 10:39 AM [ in reply to May I offer another stat. 12-2, acc champ, playoffs*** ]

However, imo, that happened because our coaching staff is able to utilize Bryant's ability. After hearing ESPiN talking heads use the term 'utilize,' you have witnessed me use it accurately. Our coaches got every drop of talent out of that boy last year and won 12 games with it.

He will last behind center until Lawrence gains command of our playbook.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As Mark Twain said

May 22, 2018, 9:57 AM

"There are lies, Da## lies, and Statistics." As a famous football coach once said "Statistics are for losers."

As the poster above said 12 wins and a conference championship. As you barely allude to football is a team game and a single player only has his role to play.

Re: As Mark Twain said

May 22, 2018, 10:03 AM

ummmm ok. Do you think that record has to do more with KB or our defense?

I know you asked oldtiger64, but please allow me

May 22, 2018, 10:23 AM

To provide my answer.

I would say that football is an extremely complicated game. There are 22 players on the field, a few refs, a couple replay guys, and numerous coaches in play on every play.

I think it is silly to assume any 1 player decides a game, let alone a season, or a national championship.

I think it is simply easier to blame 1 person or 1 play so that is what people do.

Re: I know you asked oldtiger64, but please allow me

May 22, 2018, 10:39 AM

I’m not blaming anybody. I’m providing factual statistics to show that KB Is just an avg QB. A ton of people on here believe that he is a great qb only because of our record.

Re: I know you asked oldtiger64, but please allow me

May 22, 2018, 10:39 AM [ in reply to I know you asked oldtiger64, but please allow me ]

I’m not blaming anybody. I’m providing factual statistics to show that KB Is just an avg QB. A ton of people on here believe that he is a great qb only because of our record.

May 22, 2018, 10:09 AM

Most important stat......Bryant had more WINS than any other ACC QB.

Clemson s defense often gave Bryant a short field. Stats can be misleading....

KB is fine. He's not a good quarterback and he's not a bad

May 22, 2018, 10:12 AM

quarterback. He typically can't win or lose a game for you single-handedly. The 12-2 record was largely a product of the great team around him, but we also looked worse the majority of the time he wasn't in there last year. I think he really was the best option last year. Is he still the best option with TL here this year though? I guess that remains to be seen.

There's more to football than stats

May 22, 2018, 10:54 AM

Clemson was primarily a running team last year - between KB and all of the backs we had working, we didn't need to throw as much as we did with DW4 and as other teams did. KB is comfortable running, it is a strength, and it generally worked very well.

The most important stat in any sport is W's, and KB only had one L in a game that he started and finished. He led us to the division championship, conference championship, state championship, and to the CFP.

Leadership is also crucial, and an immeasurable intangible. It's something the coaches see daily and that we really see rarely. DW4 had the leadership angle down firmly. KB seems to do pretty well with it as well.

I'm quite fine with whomever the coaches choose to start next year. They're two totally different players with two totally different games and I think either would do well in theory, but game experience and leadership ability clearly give the advantage to KB.

Re: There's more to football than stats

May 22, 2018, 11:28 AM

Very well said. Statistics do not tell you what kind of offense we were running versus other teams. They also don't tell you how much teams rely on a certain part their offense. I noticed that the OP did not put QB's rushing stats in his post. I'm guessing Lamar Jackson had a bunch more yards, but Louisville depended on Jackson for everything. We did not depend of Bryant for everything. I'm fine with letting Dabo decide which QB gives us the best chance t win regardless of who it is.

May 22, 2018, 12:32 PM

Do you know why we were a running team last year?

Because Kelly Bryant wasn’t a good passer.

May 22, 2018, 1:14 PM

So were we more of a passing team in 2016 because DW wasn't a runner?

May 22, 2018, 1:45 PM

It's not black and white. Deshaun ran for over 1,000 yards while also throwing for over 4,000 in 2015. That means that we were a balanced team because Deshaun had the ability to run and throw the ball.

We were not a balanced team w/ KB because he is a average to below average passer. It's a pretty simple concept to get. Our coaches mold the offense to the ability of our QB. Since Kelly is limited in his passing game, they are more inclined to go w/ a running approach.

May 22, 2018, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Re: There's more to football than stats ]

Wait....yes?

May 22, 2018, 1:59 PM

LOL, sure....

May 22, 2018, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: There's more to football than stats ]

He

Explained it for u, but it appears u need someone to Understand it for u

May 22, 2018, 3:09 PM

I fully understood his sarcastic question. Maybe you need someone to teach you how to type.

May 22, 2018, 11:58 AM

Since we’re comparing KB to the rest of the he ACC:

https://www.twitter.com/pff_college/status/951627559137095681

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

A different perspective

May 22, 2018, 1:15 PM

When you have a great defense and a talented kicking game, one of the most important criteria for a QB on any football team is to protect the football. Limit turnovers. KB was very good in that area for the most part. My guess is this is the main reason the coaches are pretty high on him. However, after the Bama game last year, they also realize (as Saban does too) that when you play an opponent who can score, you gotta have a QB who can move the ball on a great defense. They obviously believed KB was our best shot last year. It will be important for TL to be smart with the ball, and not throw into risky situations if he intends to unseat KB.

I honestly believe that TL will be a great QB for Clemson over the next 3 years. But, how much he plays this year will depend on his ability to protect the ball.

May 22, 2018, 2:34 PM

NFL Equivalent: think Trent Dilfer w/ the Ravens

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic