Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Over the last 15 years, Scar is 5-0 against us....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Over the last 15 years, Scar is 5-0 against us....

May 12, 2014, 7:11 PM

when they have played a cupcake or had an open date the week before playing us and we have played someone more difficult. They are 2-8 in the rest of the games. Not making excuses for losing, but to the extent we can control it, we have to be strategic in where we put our open dates and cupcake opponents. I know this is a relatively small sample size, but it would be interesting to see what the wins and losses look like for all college football games played under these scenarios.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Over the last 15 years, Scar is 5-0 against us....

May 12, 2014, 7:15 PM

I guess you missed last season

May 12, 2014, 7:20 PM

^^^^
What he said. The two schools played Coastal & Citadel the week before the rivalry game.

May 12, 2014, 7:23 PM

Last year we played The Citadel before Sakerlina. This year we play Ga State, so we're working on that issue

Correction

May 12, 2014, 7:37 PM

I wasn't counting this past year in the numbers, but I did just realize that I counted 2006 when I shouldn't have. They played Western Kentucky the week before, but we had an open date. So they are 4-0 instead of 5-0 when they have played a significantly inferior opponent or had an open date the week before playing us AND we have played a much better opponent on that same week.

Re: Correction

May 12, 2014, 7:51 PM

What's the record when we play a cupcake and they play a good team. We heard a lot about the "orange crush" when they played UT, FLA and us. It works both ways, lets stop making excuses and just whop 'em.

I know it works both ways

May 12, 2014, 7:57 PM

You're right. I didn't count up the exact numbers, but it looks like since the early 90's we have been around 5-1 when we played a cupcake and they played a better team. We just need to make sure we don't let them have an advantage if we don't have to.

I wish they still ended with UT, Fla, and then us. Of course

May 12, 2014, 8:48 PM

UT would have to be good.

Lost the last 5 in the weight room

May 12, 2014, 9:52 PM

months before. Will be underdog again this year. Many of us complaining about strength issues are the same ones that saw the problems with the baseball program for several years.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lost the last 5 in the weight room

May 12, 2014, 9:54 PM

Funny how we lost to them in the weight room and took it to UGA and LSU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lost the last 5 in the weight room

May 12, 2014, 10:39 PM

We have lost the last 2 games to USuC because Venable was playing a middle linebacker that was good but too slow. Review the Ohio Sucs U game to see a good game plan and personnel alignment that could have easily beaten USuC.

Nope. Lost last year because of turnovers

May 13, 2014, 10:53 AM

Lost the year before because of PI calls (a bad secondary will produce those, of course) and a general inability to stop passes on 3rd down. Remember, Connor Shaw didn't play in 2012, so the MLB spy wasn't crucial.

If you still think that we lost last year because of Connor Shaw running, remember that Clemson was tied going into the 4th quarter before the second muffed punt. If Clemson holds onto the ball, Shaw can go ahead and get his 4.2 ypc on 22 carries and it wouldn't have mattered.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Potentially one of their best players, #1 overall draft pick

May 12, 2014, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Lost the last 5 in the weight room ]

only benched 225 fourteen times. Compared to Shatley who did it 40 times...I'm still surprised some on here actually believe that strength and conditioning is still an issue.

LSU just got another cramp!

Seriously? That was definitely not the case the last 2 years

May 13, 2014, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Lost the last 5 in the weight room ]

Anyone who tries to blame last year's loss on anything other than 2 muffed punts (along with a couple of other turnover when we were about to score) is just making it clear that they have an agenda. Clemson easily outgained South Carolina despite holding the ball for 17 less minutes (this disparity had at least as much to do with key turnovers as it did with 3rd down efficiency, as Clemson actually did better on 3rd down than SC did) and running 21 less plays. Clemson ran the ball for 4.4 ypc while South Carolina was held to 2.8 ypc. Please explain how that translates into a problem in the weight room.

The year before, Clemson was down three going into the 4th quarter but SC was bailed out with a couple of pass interference calls that preveneted Clemson from getting back on the field and that allowed SC to score. Clemson ran the ball pretty easily on SC, while SC didn't do much on the ground. I fail to see how that had anything to do with the "weight room."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bahahahahahah! Found one!***

May 13, 2014, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Lost the last 5 in the weight room ]

let's just call it like it is

May 12, 2014, 10:03 PM

The OBC schooled our relatively young ball coaches, who abandoned game plan, tried to resort to trickeration and got away from fundamentals and tightened up. This passed on to the players, who also tightened, dropped bald, fumbled, etc. All other things were equal.

Re: let's just call it like it is

May 13, 2014, 1:25 AM

""OBC SPURRIER"" is the reason we lost !!!! Plain & Simple !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! same reason,we are already picked to lose again this year ??????

There's actually a good side to that.

May 13, 2014, 7:50 AM [ in reply to let's just call it like it is ]

Dabo has struggled to handle the team's emotions. When he finally gets control over his he may well become a hall of fame coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's actually a good side to that.

May 13, 2014, 9:01 AM

He has to learn to handle his own emotions first.

I think that's what CT88 just said***

May 13, 2014, 9:21 AM

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

That's true, but I don't think this team will

May 13, 2014, 9:22 AM

advance until Dabo gets his own emotions under control

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Stop obsessing over the coots....

May 13, 2014, 10:47 AM

you sound like a coot obsessing over Clemson

Dabos emotions were good enough the last 3 years

May 13, 2014, 10:59 AM

to beat Auburn twice VT 3 times LSU UGA FSU and Ohio State to say nothing of bitchslapping the rest of the ACC.
Losing to the coots sucks. We are in a law of averages deal and they have had their best teams. This too shall pass.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic