Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shaking up the divisions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 787

Shaking up the divisions

Nov 27, 2012, 12:19 PM

with only two good teams in the ACC isn't it time to shake up the divisions so we don't see a nightmare scenario again like we are going to see Saturday night with 10k fans in the stands? FSU and GT need to trade divisions. FSU would get to play Miami every yr and Clemson would be their cross divisional rivals. We would maintain the GT game and play FSU. You've got to balance out the conference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so vpi, uva, unc, gt, ncst, miami are always going to be

Nov 27, 2012, 12:25 PM

this bad or on probation? we get gt cause unc and miami did no nos.

i'd rather scrap the divisions and let the top 2 or 4 work it out. something different, but fair.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

let me ask this....

Nov 28, 2012, 8:34 AM

When have UVA, UNC, GT, and NC St being consistently good??? They are average programs at best. Miami is not good any longer. VPI is down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

vpi is down this year. you know vpi has numerous more

Nov 28, 2012, 8:58 AM

appearances than clemson and georgia tech will now have more.

i wonder if vpi wanted to shuffle the deck because they had to face bc or wake in florida cause neither team traveled well.

keep the course, shut up[clemson] and catch up. we ain't done nothing yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GT has more? LOL

Nov 28, 2012, 9:00 AM

man you crack me up....I love DSP

I get GT has more but I don't think any GT fan feels too good about themselves this week.

they don't have more? the balance of power has been

Nov 28, 2012, 9:08 AM

in the coastal hasn't it?

didn't see any of this last year when fsu was losing 4 games with bad losses to wake and at home to uva.

i'm sure there were those at vpi and gt that thought as you do.

that coastal division needs Louisville to balance it out

Nov 28, 2012, 9:12 AM

they come in and Day ONE are better than everyone over there.

right now, at this moment, you're probably right although i

Nov 28, 2012, 9:15 AM

expect fedora, london and golden to have a say in that.

i hope vpi starts making some decisions for the future and would love to see gt can pj even for a chan gailey type who at least brings nfl experience to the league. something with some pizzazz.

There should be a rule in place that says....

Nov 27, 2012, 12:26 PM

"If there is a team within "X" division that is 2 games better than the "Y" division winner, that team will replace them in the CCG."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

^^^ i could live with this, it scraps the absolute division

Nov 27, 2012, 12:27 PM

rule in down/probation ridden years like this one.

Re: There should be a rule in place that says....

Nov 27, 2012, 12:29 PM [ in reply to There should be a rule in place that says.... ]

That makes sense...however...
If that rule were in place...only Clemson or FSU could go to BCS.
HAD CLEMSON WON on Saturday...we would have had 2 teams in the BCS under the current rules....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2012, 8:38 AM

Very good point SwampFox! That would cost us a decent amount of money. Look at the Pac12. They'll get Stanford/UCLA and Oregon in the BCS now. I bet they're glad they aren't making Stanford and Oregon play... a great point you make.

Nov 28, 2012, 8:37 AM [ in reply to There should be a rule in place that says.... ]

Yes, a rule like that which would protect us from this ridiculous scenario would help all parties.

I would like to see UL and Syracuse go to the Coastal and the Atlantic take UNC and Duke. That would help balance out the divisions and put all the Carolina schools together with FSU.

Nov 28, 2012, 9:05 AM

What about Miami? They're already traveling more than any other school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Hey, VT is only a shorter QB away from being good again.

Nov 28, 2012, 9:03 AM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

move miami to atlantic

Nov 28, 2012, 9:18 AM

Put UL in coastal

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 787
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic