Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's the college game Thurs night so I can watch some
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,354

What's the college game Thurs night so I can watch some

Sep 5, 2018, 1:25 PM

good football and not deal with all the politics and such of the NFL?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24586190/nike-run-colin-kaepernick-ad-nfl-opener-thursday

Don't really care much about either team anyway and would always prefer college ball.

Such a crazy, blatant move to stir the pot and kick this hornet's nest again. I'm not an NFL boycotter because I think there are far more exceptionally good people in the league than there are those like Kap, but really don't want to give any show of support Thu night at all. Hopefully Nike will see that people prefer they stick with shoes and athletic gear and stay out of politics.

Would love to see one of the networks do a regularly done story on the athletes who are making a real difference and who are tangibly and significantly influencing their community and not those who are merely bringing attention to themselves and waving the victim card all day. There are plenty of examples to show every week.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is no Thursday night college game this week.

Sep 5, 2018, 1:57 PM

SMU and TCU play on Firday night

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: There is no Thursday night college game this week.

Sep 5, 2018, 1:59 PM

NFL Thurs. Falcons play

Kennesaw State vs Tennessee Tech

Sep 5, 2018, 2:02 PM

FCS

Re: Kennesaw State vs Tennessee Tech

Sep 5, 2018, 2:03 PM

I'll watch this game before I watch a NFL game.

Texans - Patriots in week 1 should be a good one***

Sep 5, 2018, 7:38 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's the college game Thurs night so I can watch some

Sep 5, 2018, 2:20 PM

There are no politics involved other than during the singing of the national anthem and pledge of allegiance, both of which are political acts themselves and neither of which are shown on tv.

Sep 5, 2018, 2:23 PM

^^Still does not get it. Wow.

Sep 5, 2018, 2:55 PM

My problem with the kneeling thing is... what does it take to get it to stop? Exactly what "demands" need to be met to cause everyone to actually stand?

The idea is that all races aren't treated equally by the police. So how do we correct it? And who decides when it is corrected? Is there a leader... i.e. Kap... that gets to decide... "Yea, things are OK now"... or "No, we need to keep protesting?"

How do they measure success? Is there a magic number that indicates their protest is successful? When the number of arrests/police shootings are equally distributed between all races? Is their an NFL "shooting" statistics guy that keeps track and will inform us when things are better? Kind of like how we can look at football polls?

Sep 5, 2018, 5:05 PM

Maybe when the president stops attacking them on Twitter they’ll know progress has begun....

I think there are already statistics that show just as many

Sep 5, 2018, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Re: What's the college game Thurs night so I can watch some ]

whites have been killed by police in recent years, as blacks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2018, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: What's the college game Thurs night so I can watch some ]

IMO...the pouted because he lost his starting job. If he did this while he was a starter I would think different. He was probably asked why he knelt and instead of saying "I lost my job and I'm mad", he used anther excuse to get by. Just my opinion and not fact.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2018, 5:03 PM

Here’s the story behind why he decided to kneel....

https://youtu.be/I4nyaL8qmK0

Sep 5, 2018, 6:11 PM

Like I said it's just my opinion and it could be wrong. I know what he said as a reason. I find it funny it happens after he loses his starting job. Wasn't there a controversy during preseason during the AN battle? Can't remember.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2018, 7:29 PM

I prefer college as well but once kickoff happens it is just football. If nobody paid attention they wouldn't do it. I understand people being upset about it as I do not agree with it but they are grown men and can do what they want imma still watch good football. Sensitive country this is.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,354
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic